Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

You're living my dream man (the van part, not the living in it part). Being in FL I need to camp with a/c so tents don't loving cut it, a van conversion is the next best affordable option. The roof in the middle pic looks interesting, seems like a good cheaper alternative to pop up roofs which are loving expensive. Add an enclosed trailer to carry extra camp gear and bikes/scooters and you have the perfect rig.

Gonna be following this thread to learn from your mistakes :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Wasn't the AWD on the Astros lovely to begin with though? There's plenty of them around Florida that are rust free, fly down and pick one up.

http://ocala.craigslist.org/cto/5175316633.html

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Man_of_Teflon posted:

Oh hey, this is good timing because I just bought a van. Mine's gonna be for motorcycle hauling and camping vs full-time living, so I went... big.

Real big. 1999 E350 extended wheelbase with the V10... bad mileage but it should last forever, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper than finding a 7.3 diesel.

I thought the V10's were lovely for some reason, are they good enough to warrant the lovely mileage?

I always thought I'd go with an Express van just because the Chevy's seem to be the most bullet proof, but somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Also do portable a/c units do ok in vans?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Check FL. I remember seeing lots of them cheap that way.

Nope. Cargo van prices here are loving ridiculous. You're better off starting with a conversion van, half the price and half the miles.

• Locked thread