Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
Your health is my gladness friend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
the romans were cool with putting stuff up butts and didn't need all of these phrases and pronouns

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
i blame the current issues of sex and gender on Ronald Reagan for gutting this once great nation's mental illness care system

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

nomadologique posted:

Let me be clear: if your position and opinion on this and many another similar matter is anything but "resentment destroys lives," you're up the wrong tree.

It is not surprising to anyone on the outside that mocking and self-glorifying resentment is the consistent response to the confused and resentful ejaculations of those whose sex and sexuality has at times been dictated to them, other times come surging from their own unknown depths, without anyone to help them and no users manual. Those who hate themselves for reasons that are not sex or are only indirectly related to sex, because they are "strong" in sex, hate those who hate themselves for sex, because they are "weak" in sex; and those who hate themselves for sex hate those who don't, for their ignorance, and for their other weaknesses.

This idiotic situation repeats itself a thousand times over, in the relation between a thousand other pairs of dos and donts. Sex and sexuality are hot buttons right now, but underneath is the seething loathing most people feel for themselves, each other, and everything in this world.

Resentment is a self perpetuating poison, and your glorying in it is its greatest fuel.

is this like your doctoral thesis in getting mad about 'mos on the internet? it looks solid to me but it was kinda hard to read with my eyes constantly rolling

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Sonofsilversign posted:

is this like your doctoral thesis in getting mad about 'mos on the internet? it looks solid to me but it was kinda hard to read with my eyes constantly rolling

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

tautologicus parachute account?

texasmed
May 27, 2004
There s only 3 kinda sex you get to have

hetero sex
homo sex
bi sex

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

perhaps we can define orientation instead, on what body parts touch what other body parts

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

pansexuals are pedophiles because they want to gently caress everything including children

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Cowman posted:

pansexuals are pedophiles because they want to gently caress everything including children

i identify as a pre-pubescent 8 year old and go by the pronouns "xXxGamerzxXx" and "BigDickedBoi". I find the terms "nerd" and "streamer" to be triggering

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

nomadologique posted:

Thank god for you and all the grammarians of desire for laying out the valid cases and uses, everything else will thankfully get filed in the slang creole and degeneration drawers and legislated out of existence. Gotta get them early.

Someone has to, otherwise we end up with like eight hundred labels, and a bunch of people pretending to be doctors and psychologists by posting self-righteously about "social constructs" and other poo poo that comes from fields of study people shouldn't be allowed to major in.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
my big question is why does the definition and boundary of your sexuality matter to anyone other than you and your partner?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
my guess is because people lack character and purpose so they seek out personality signposts that become their identity in a weird feedback of loop of identity defining oneself

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I'm a pansexual, pansexual is what I am

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Toadvine posted:

my guess is because people lack character and purpose so they seek out personality signposts that become their identity in a weird feedback of loop of identity defining oneself
i mean if that's how they want to differentiate themselves, be my guest. just don't ram it down my throat and we're good.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Toadvine posted:

my big question is why does the definition and boundary of your sexuality matter to anyone other than you and your partner?

there's still tons of work to be done on gay rights issues but its reaching the point in alot of places where making a big deal about does as much harm as good imo

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
serious post

Sonofsilversign posted:

there's still tons of work to be done on gay rights issues but its reaching the point in alot of places where making a big deal about does as much harm as good imo

good for gay rights, and I'll continue to do my part to be an ally for that cause

BUT

The ___-sexual identifier trend doesn't seem to contribute to social betterment, just putting sexual preference into clearly delineated boxes for the comfort of the individual. Tell me if I'm being bigoted when I ask Does It Matter?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I don't really need to know who or what these people are loving.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Toadvine posted:

The ___-sexual identifier trend doesn't seem to contribute to social betterment, just putting sexual preference into clearly delineated boxes for the comfort of the individual. Tell me if I'm being bigoted when I ask Does It Matter?

lol no barely anybody cares about that poo poo irl and those that do are probably gonna find something to get their feelings hurt by anyway.

'sides its not bigoted to not care about something

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

nomadologique posted:

Let me be clear: if your position and opinion on this and many another similar matter is anything but "resentment destroys lives," you're up the wrong tree.

It is not surprising to anyone on the outside that mocking and self-glorifying resentment is the consistent response to the confused and resentful ejaculations of those whose sex and sexuality has at times been dictated to them, other times come surging from their own unknown depths, without anyone to help them and no users manual. Those who hate themselves for reasons that are not sex or are only indirectly related to sex, because they are "strong" in sex, hate those who hate themselves for sex, because they are "weak" in sex; and those who hate themselves for sex hate those who don't, for their ignorance, and for their other weaknesses.

This idiotic situation repeats itself a thousand times over, in the relation between a thousand other pairs of dos and donts. Sex and sexuality are hot buttons right now, but underneath is the seething loathing most people feel for themselves, each other, and everything in this world.

Resentment is a self perpetuating poison, and your glorying in it is its greatest fuel.

this is the poo poo that they're full of
who said anything about resenting anyone

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
Let's try to think up some new sexualities, it will be fun! What do you suppose a Multisexual would be like? How about a Semisexual? Maybe even an Infinisexual?!?!? I mean why haven't we invented more than two genders yet anyway?

Personally, I identify as masturbasexual, although to be fair that is not entirely by choice either.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
To answer the OP, they are synonyms for narcissism.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Prorat posted:

To answer the OP, they are synonyms for narcissism.

good answer

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

i'm gaysexual

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

RennZero posted:

Let's try to think up some new sexualities, it will be fun! What do you suppose a Multisexual would be like? How about a Semisexual? Maybe even an Infinisexual?!?!? I mean why haven't we invented more than two genders yet anyway?

Personally, I identify as masturbasexual, although to be fair that is not entirely by choice either.

We need that chart of the varying degrees of male/female identity depicted by coloring body parts pink or blue.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Wicker Man posted:

We need that chart of the varying degrees of male/female identity depicted by coloring body parts pink or blue.

my dick shows that i am a male but my anus shows that i am a female because females also have an anus

i will now re-evaluate my gender identity

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

what's the diff between 7up and sierra mist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mr. Pumroy posted:

what's the diff between 7up and sierra mist
there is none, they're both b list Sprite

• Locked thread