Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
white male here,

real observation: it seems counterproductive to compartmentalize sexuality so intricately, let alone having that definition define you.
real question: was it not the overt dichotomy of sexuality that lead so many people to seek out a more inclusive interpretation of sexuality? Have they not looped back around to placing such strict definitions on how people are sexual?

this seems bigoted in a new-age, all-inclusive regard. In the same way that tumblr posters in their haste to be inclusive will write off the contributions of men or white people wholesale, thus contributing to the new chauvinism.

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Aug 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

nomadologique posted:

ding ding show him what he's won

oh it's a loud wet fart, sorry better luck next time

am I right or am I right

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
thats nice of them.

I've always felt that I'm not gay but one swell man could come around and change all that.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
my big question is why does the definition and boundary of your sexuality matter to anyone other than you and your partner?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
my guess is because people lack character and purpose so they seek out personality signposts that become their identity in a weird feedback of loop of identity defining oneself

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I'm a pansexual, pansexual is what I am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
serious post

Sonofsilversign posted:

there's still tons of work to be done on gay rights issues but its reaching the point in alot of places where making a big deal about does as much harm as good imo

good for gay rights, and I'll continue to do my part to be an ally for that cause

BUT

The ___-sexual identifier trend doesn't seem to contribute to social betterment, just putting sexual preference into clearly delineated boxes for the comfort of the individual. Tell me if I'm being bigoted when I ask Does It Matter?

• Locked thread