Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
Right now I'm thinking that Fury Road was the 2nd best, with The Wolf Of Wall Street still holding number 1 for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Gatekeeper posted:

i loved this movie, and yet i have absolutely no interest in playing videogames. the world is mega-strange mr. toggle

dif strokes for dif folks

maybe i will try this movie again on my 11 hr flight home?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I'm about to HULK THE gently caress OUT gbs is making me CARRREEEEEEE

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

there were far better movies this year i'm sorry

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

preggo cuties in a dusty shitbox

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Commie NedFlanders posted:

there were far better movies this year i'm sorry

can you name some of them?

i'm not bein a snarky fucker, i'd legit like to know

i really didnt pay attention to poo poo that came out this year aside from going to see pitch perfect 2 in theaters with a cute woman

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Those batman movies people keep jacking off about?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

rezatahs posted:

i was pretty mad that max didn't get his car back

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

this movie couldve been improved with the removal of max literally being insane and also not speaking in grunts

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Mad Max is a good way to test people.

Everyone who didn't like it is either really boring or broken in some way. It's not like it's even a polarizing film or some sort of cult hit or nerd-bait. It's a critically beloved smash hit. It appealed to adrenaline action-movie junkies. It appealed to the highbrow critics who can't watch anything unless there's a message and symbolism. It appealed to everyone except a handful of self-absorbed internet people with weird hang-ups (like that MRA website that started yelling about it, or the Feminist Frequency Twitter, or every SA poster).

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Blue Raider posted:

this movie couldve been improved with the removal of max literally being insane and also not speaking in grunts

A Bad Opinion.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Those batman movies people keep jacking off about?

his name is christian bale

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Gatekeeper posted:

can you name some of them?

i'm not bein a snarky fucker, i'd legit like to know

i really didnt pay attention to poo poo that came out this year aside from going to see pitch perfect 2 in theaters with a cute woman

i must be wrong all the movies i thought of, i checked and they are from 2013 or 2014

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Everyone who didn't like it is either really boring or broken in some way. It's not like it's even a polarizing film or some sort of cult hit or nerd-bait. It's a critically beloved smash hit. It appealed to adrenaline action-movie junkies. It appealed to the highbrow critics who can't watch anything unless there's a message and symbolism. It appealed to everyone except a handful of self-absorbed internet people with weird hang-ups (like that MRA website that started yelling about it, or the Feminist Frequency Twitter, or every SA poster).

it was good and all it was just a bit much

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
It was good. Thanks for reading.

Fiberoptic Fable
Sep 6, 2011
Hell Gem

I like to think you are right, which basically makes you right.

Congratulations on being right.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

his name is christian bale

That's a stupid name. It's like an unfinished phrase: "christian bale of hay" or something.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
It was good, but should have just been about the Doof Warrior

I had a friend who complained about the inefficiency of dispensing water by dropping it from a cliff like that, and I don't think he was joking.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

That's a stupid name. It's like an unfinished phrase: "christian bale of hay" or something.

I ain't his dad.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The Butcher posted:

A Bad Opinion.

how? he never was before and mel gibson spoke in words

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I saw it in theaters three times.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I ain't his dad.

You should be. You probably would have raised him better.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i havent seen it yet

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Pitch perfect 2 for men

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

i havent seen it yet

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

I had a friend who complained about the inefficiency of dispensing water by dropping it from a cliff like that, and I don't think he was joking.

:thejoke:

The extravagance that which the water is doled out is good evidence that Immortan Joe's hydraulic empire was based on artificial scarcity.

I think Furiosa even says as much, that there's more than enough Aqua-Cola in the underground aquifer to rejuvenate the region.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Aug 31, 2015

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

nomadologique posted:

still a good movie, but goddamnit don't get my hopes up like that in the opening sequence only to dash them back to earth, it leaves a bad aftertaste

Indeed, much like Universal Studios' latest billion dollar grossing masterpiece (following closely after Jurassic World and Furious 7), Minions.

The beginning set up an intriguing premise, that the minions seek to serve the strongest lifeform available but inevitably end up destroying it. Throughout history they continue to serve bigger and badder villains, but always accidentally kill them, like some sort of karmic counterbalance to evil.

Clearly this pattern should have continued until either the yellow ones learn not to serve the diabolic, or more likely until they unintentionally eradicate all evil in the universe. When Satan finally loses at Armageddon, it turns out to be only because of his begoggled underlings.

Instead, Gru. Oh well, 4.75 out of 5 stars, love that Sandra Bullock.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Phobic Nest posted:

Indeed, much like Universal Studios' latest billion dollar grossing masterpiece (following closely after Jurassic World and Furious 7), Minions.

The beginning set up an intriguing premise, that the minions seek to serve the strongest lifeform available but inevitably end up destroying it. Throughout history they continue to serve bigger and badder villains, but always accidentally kill them, like some sort of karmic counterbalance to evil.

Clearly this pattern should have continued until either the yellow ones learn not to serve the diabolic, or more likely until they unintentionally eradicate all evil in the universe. When Satan finally loses at Armageddon, it turns out to be only because of his begoggled underlings.

Instead, Gru. Oh well, 4.75 out of 5 stars, love that Sandra Bullock.

Minions was actually a big let down for me unlike Mad Max which ruled in every way possible. Minions was funny for the first 20 mins but then it was a lot of more of the same. Lots of lost potential.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Doctor Reynolds posted:

same and ive never done that for a movie before

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i saw it with my dad and it was v cool and good

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Same :black101:

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

Can we get a mad max gang tag? Idk like war boyz of w/e

With my posts I honor him

Posting eternal, shiny and chrome

WITNESSED

:perfect:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
max isn't the main dude

no dog

guy playing max trying to do mel gibson grunt voice combined with caveman

literally 70 year old grandmas fighting (ever fought a grandma? it's easy)

cool tank car is mysteriously blown up off screen because max walked into the dark with a gas can

cool tank car is driven by an evil anime character covered in bullet belts

max, who is hanging upside down on the side of a truck speeding down the wasteland, is kicked in the side by a scrawny baby man but the kick was so powerful it turns him right side up and he flies laterally about 10 ft onto the top of another speeding vehicle

ruined practical effects by using whatever lense filter they used which made them look like cgi

slipknot ripoff in pajamas playing fire guitar on speaker car

a giant skull carved into the side of a mountain

huge mechanical device with huge gears to turn giant chains that can lower cars from the top of a mountain in a post apocolyptic future way out in the desert

bad guy has whoopie cushion on the back of his neck

muscle bad guy has a gattlin gun that he only uses to fire in the air when he got mad once

robot arm future tech bullshit where there is no evidence of any technology that rivals it in any way, especially when most of the cars are old ones cobbled together

steering wheel alter(lame)

furiosa only saves pretty girls (feminism MY rear end)

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Zoe Kravitz was the hottest wife.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
mad max was cheesy but good

fury road was cheesy lame and the awesome effects were totally ruined with lame rear end filters and poo poo

like why make awesome real life effects if you're just going to make it look unreal in editing you fat old idiot director

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ramsus posted:

max isn't the main dude

no dog

cool tank car is mysteriously blown up off screen because max walked into the dark with a gas can

max, who is hanging upside down on the side of a truck speeding down the wasteland, is kicked in the side by a scrawny baby man but the kick was so powerful it turns him right side up and he flies laterally about 10 ft onto the top of another speeding vehicle

ruined practical effects by using whatever lense filter they used which made them look like cgi

huge mechanical device with huge gears to turn giant chains that can lower cars from the top of a mountain in a post apocolyptic future way out in the desert

muscle bad guy has a gattlin gun that he only uses to fire in the air when he got mad once

robot arm future tech bullshit where there is no evidence of any technology that rivals it in any way, especially when most of the cars are old ones cobbled together

You're right that's a drat good movie

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Ramsus posted:

max isn't the main dude

no dog

do you work for cracked cause this is a great list

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

The Glumslinger posted:

It was good, but should have just been about the Doof Warrior

Wtf my friends gf said the same thing and I wanted to roll my eyes so hard they'd pop outta my loving skull

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

like that MRA website that started yelling about it, or the Feminist Frequency Twitter, or every SA poster.

all of these people need to die

not even kidding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
john wick bitchesz

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Wtf my friends gf said the same thing and I wanted to roll my eyes so hard they'd pop outta my loving skull

a guy in the theater stood up and yelled "LAWD JESUS! GET THE WATER NIGGA!"

• Locked thread