Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Jose Mengelez posted:

a guy in the theater stood up and yelled "LAWD JESUS! GET THE WATER NIGGA!"

that guy was me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Ramsus posted:

max isn't the main dude

no dog

guy playing max trying to do mel gibson grunt voice combined with caveman

literally 70 year old grandmas fighting (ever fought a grandma? it's easy)

cool tank car is mysteriously blown up off screen because max walked into the dark with a gas can

cool tank car is driven by an evil anime character covered in bullet belts

max, who is hanging upside down on the side of a truck speeding down the wasteland, is kicked in the side by a scrawny baby man but the kick was so powerful it turns him right side up and he flies laterally about 10 ft onto the top of another speeding vehicle

ruined practical effects by using whatever lense filter they used which made them look like cgi

slipknot ripoff in pajamas playing fire guitar on speaker car

a giant skull carved into the side of a mountain

huge mechanical device with huge gears to turn giant chains that can lower cars from the top of a mountain in a post apocolyptic future way out in the desert

bad guy has whoopie cushion on the back of his neck

muscle bad guy has a gattlin gun that he only uses to fire in the air when he got mad once

robot arm future tech bullshit where there is no evidence of any technology that rivals it in any way, especially when most of the cars are old ones cobbled together

steering wheel alter(lame)

furiosa only saves pretty girls (feminism MY rear end)

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

it was a fun movie but anyone who thinks it is deep or poignant symbolism just lol wtf nothing is explained besides we drive through the desert to turn around and go back after a while.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

It was a good Action Film but was a huge let down after SA building it up

John Wick was just as good, my fav part was when he shot the guy in the head

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

it was a good flick but not good cinema

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im afraid it wasnt.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Ramsus posted:

mad max was cheesy but good

fury road was cheesy lame and the awesome effects were totally ruined with lame rear end filters and poo poo

like why make awesome real life effects if you're just going to make it look unreal in editing you fat old idiot director

Does your micro-penis prevent you from enjoying good movies?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it was so exciting that i didnt kiss my date once. i never saw her again. looking back, i think she might have been the one.

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
I don't watch tv or movies so i hadn't heard of this movie until like a week ago. It seems that if you point out that the main villain looks silly, some goons freak the gently caress out.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
avengers age of ultron was loving garbage qtiyd

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

"heh, a thing that's super popular and good? i hate it"

-- goons and hipsters

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

i sincerely hope you all die

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A misanthrope posted:

i sincerely hope you all die

it ruined my life

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Orkin Mang posted:

it ruined my life

is the constant white-noise bad-posting tiring?

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
Some people seem to get very worked up about their entertainment media and try very hard to validate their feelings by shutting out any sort of criticism or negativity as they perceive it as an attack on their identity or some stupid nonsense. I imagine a lot of people who get so obsessive about a movie are the same sort of people that never shut up about my little pony or whatever new cartoon weirdos swear is totally for them and not just children.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

A misanthrope posted:

"heh, a thing that's super popular and good? i hate it"

-- goons

yeah what is with that? bad attitude to have imo

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
This movie taught me that there are a lot of people who can only recognize a plot or character development if it's being shouted at them.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

MVP posted:

zack snyder is loving terrible

thank you. finally somebody who agrees wtih me. everybody else i talk to just want to wash his balls with their tongue and mouth.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

whoa Fury Road must be really good if it took this long for the joyless goon backlash to start

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

thathonkey posted:

thank you. finally somebody who agrees wtih me. everybody else i talk to just want to wash his balls with their tongue and mouth.

You are far from alone.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
do you think the newly announced Borderlands movie will be better or worse OP

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
It was a good film but loving exhausting to watch at the cinema. It felt like a team of pissed-off drill instructors screaming at you for two hours.

On the other hand, the aesthetics of the action, vehicles and world were amazing even if the plot was average.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I didn't like it.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
yeah well be sure to obsess about it and write sweaty fanfics and act really indignant when someone suggests it's just 90 minutes of light and sound

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Chinatown posted:

i havent seen it yet

What the gently caress?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Wait, the Feminist Frequency twitter did NOT like Fury Road? like lol really? For what reason?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Young Freud posted:

:thejoke:

The extravagance that which the water is doled out is good evidence that Immortan Joe's hydraulic empire was based on artificial scarcity.

I think Furiosa even says as much, that there's more than enough Aqua-Cola in the underground aquifer to rejuvenate the region.

There's even a scene like right after he dispenses the water where he runs through a fully tended garden with sprinklers and poo poo, they make it pretty obvious

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

avengers age of ultron was loving garbage qtiyd

It's legit one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my entire life.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Wait, the Feminist Frequency twitter did NOT like Fury Road? like lol really? For what reason?

"Male violence", iirc.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Germstore posted:

"Male violence", iirc.

Z-Zardoz!?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

cram me sideways posted:

90 minutes of light and sound

but all movies are that??

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:siren: reminder that i hate you all

i hate you goon fucks

i am ashamed to post here

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A misanthrope posted:

i hate you goon fucks

living up to your name

also :agreed:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it was pretty cool but I think I still like Dredd a little more

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

A misanthrope posted:

i hate you goon fucks

Solid username / post combo here.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
It was really, really good and the most fun I've had watching a movie in theaters in years.

It was not, however, better than The Road Warrior. I saw that one again in theaters a few weeks after Fury Road and the atmosphere, cinematography and practical effects are just so much sweeter.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Dave Concepcion posted:

It was really, really good and the most fun I've had watching a movie in theaters in years.

It was not, however, better than The Road Warrior. I saw that one again in theaters a few weeks after Fury Road and the atmosphere, cinematography and practical effects are just so much sweeter.

Fury Road is like 90 percent practical effects though, and they do way crazier stunts in that one.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Dave Concepcion posted:

fury road was all practical effects though?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

yeah, it took forever to run into a real otherworldly dust storm, but it was worth it

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Big McHuge posted:

This movie taught me that there are a lot of people who can only recognize a plot or character development if it's being shouted at them.

another retard goon that thinks mad max fury road was a deep and symbolic movie and people that didn't care for it just don't get it like i do

*pushes glasses back up nose

heh, it being popular is basis in this instance for being good; haterz!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Fury Road is like 90 percent practical effects though, and they do way crazier stunts in that one.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

yeah sure

and then they went and used filters and poo poo to make their practical effects look like cgi

makes the whole movie look a kind of cartoonish when they could have just left it looking real like in the road warrior

e. maybe the giant sand storm or robot arm on the militant dyke looked bad in real life video

• Locked thread