Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
You poo poo on me, I'm an American horse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Khal Drogo as a pirate

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Arrowarrowarrowarrow, you know...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jason Momoa always seems like he's having a lot of fun on this show.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Excuse me, sir, what is this penis-looking thing?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"We're Jewish and we loooove it"

That's like, nice right?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That sounds pretty racist.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Another excellent show. The horse being all "sure, poo poo on me" was fantastic as was Armstrong's "I'm drunk, I'll do whatever".

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Maxwell Lord posted:

You poo poo on me, I'm an American horse.

I had to pause from laughter after that line. Then I rewound and had to pause again because I noticed the horse's mouth moving.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

old dog child posted:

I had to pause from laughter after that line. Then I rewound and had to pause again because I noticed the horse's mouth moving.

They totally pulled a Mr. Ed in that scene.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Maya Rudolph is the best

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This Silicon Valley guy is loving killing it with the lip sync. perfect.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
The loving mouth on Louis Armstrong's cornet.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Everyone should absorb as much Thomas Middleditch content as they can, the man is a goddamn delightful treasure.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
I gotta kick out of them casting all around nice guy Jack McBrayer to play Andrew Jackson.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I really like Gloria Calderon Kellett as narrator. It's always good when they're clearly enthusiastic about the subject matter.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I liked how they redid her name with the accent mark after she said it again.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Maxwell Lord posted:

I really like Gloria Calderon Kellett as narrator. It's always good when they're clearly enthusiastic about the subject matter.

Yeah I noticed during this story that her way of storytelling fits Drunk History perfectly. The second story about Sam the Banana Man is another reason why I love this show so much. Apparently some punk teenager tries a banana in the late 1800's, loves it, and notices people dumping ripe bananas overboard. He convinces them to sell the ripe bananas to him instead and proceeds to make $100,000 selling bananas in America before he's 21. Who the gently caress knew?!

Overall I think this was one of the best episodes yet, certainly the best episode of this season so far. The other episodes have taken a rewatch for me to truly appreciate, which is typical for me and this show, but this one was even great live; can't wait to rewatch it!

The moment I had to rewind for was such a short, stupid moment, but when Young Louie Armstrong is riding around on his horse with his cornet and he plays a little melody and goes "We're comiiin!" That little kid just nailed the facial expression on that and it cracked me up.

EDIT: more info on Sam the Banana man for any who are curious: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Zemurray

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

timp posted:

Yeah I noticed during this story that her way of storytelling fits Drunk History perfectly. The second story about Sam the Banana Man is another reason why I love this show so much. Apparently some punk teenager tries a banana in the late 1800's, loves it, and notices people dumping ripe bananas overboard. He convinces them to sell the ripe bananas to him instead and proceeds to make $100,000 selling bananas in America before he's 21. Who the gently caress knew?!

Nevermind that he also overthrew a government so that he wouldn't have to pay taxes on his bananas. It was like Operation Ajax except over bananas instead of oil.

The Louis Armstrong story was the weakest story-wise, but they made up for it by being funny.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Steve Yun posted:

Nevermind that he also overthrew a government so that he wouldn't have to pay taxes on his bananas. It was like Operation Ajax except over bananas instead of oil.

Thing is, I've heard the story of how Chiquita sponsored a military coup a few times, but never the first part. It's much more interesting this way.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

The Louis Armstrong story was the weakest story-wise, but they made up for it by being funny.

"I'm druuuuuuunk!" *cracks Derrick's back

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Zemurray

poo poo, he helped overthrow Guatemala with the CIA too? Two loving governments over loving bananas.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Solice Kirsk posted:

"I'm druuuuuuunk!" *cracks Derrick's back

Louis Armstrong: "I'm drunk, I'll do whatever the gently caress you want"

Bubbles King Oliver's reaction to that before quickly cutting back to Daryl was hilarious

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Get you some whiskeeeeeey

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Allan Mcleod was great last season too. He behaves exactly like a cartoon depiction of a drunk guy does.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
In general, I really like the female narrators a lot better than the guys.

Really liked that episode. It probably helps that I'm not American so I'm not as knowledgeable on the local folklore, but this show is actually quite informative and educational.

Even something really well known like Louie Armstrong has some interesting tidbits.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

xcore posted:

In general, I really like the female narrators a lot better than the guys.

Really liked that episode. It probably helps that I'm not American so I'm not as knowledgeable on the local folklore, but this show is actually quite informative and educational.

Even something really well known like Louie Armstrong has some interesting tidbits.

I'm sure it's """""unintentional""""" but it is really obvious when Derek doesn't really like a male storyteller. he doesn't react, just deadpans them the entire time. With women there is a 10/10 chance he will slowly get closer to them over the course of the story eventually sitting on the same couch cushion as the women with his arm around them. It's getting really hard not to notice.

so its nice when someone like Morgan Murphy just starts punching him, probably got sick of that poo poo 10 minutes in.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Hey, hey, racist rear end white person, here's another racist rear end white person to warn you that Harriet Tubman's comin' with her army full of bad bitches

YAAA!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
WORLD WAR II HAPPENS

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

claudia o'doherty :swoon:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Aww, I like that "stay tuned" spot.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Man, you gotta love the casting for this show. Will Farrell as Roald Dahl is inspired. I'm still cracking up at Jack McBrayer as Andrew Jackson from last week's episode.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Ok that was a good gag.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That was extremely elaborate for very little reason.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
James Motherfuckin' Bond

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I am hosed out.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Aaaand NOW!

EDIT: Farrell's expressions!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Because of his dick, England was a better place.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, people can be stabbed by pitchforks as children?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yay David Wain!

She goes to.. The Hitler... Office building.

• Locked thread