Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

young dogs can be very "mouthy" it usually wears off, and if that doesn't work it can be broken with a little training

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

NecroMonster posted:

id take all of the pitbulls in the world over a beagle or a retriever or any small dog breed any of them they are all garbage mean ratlike monsters

You mean like a Golden Retriever?

I'm pretty sure those are not small dogs :confused:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

retrievers loving suck poo poo

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

does HP ever break into chaos when someone mentions pitbulls?

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

NecroMonster posted:

young dogs can be very "mouthy" it usually wears off, and if that doesn't work it can be broken with a little training

Yeah, for sure. I just feel like I'm not doing the puppy any favors by not scolding it. It's not my dog though, I just give it attention when I'm over there and it's outside.

NecroMonster posted:

retrievers loving suck poo poo

I've only ever owned Labs and one Chow/German Shepard mix, so I don't know anything about most breeds. I thought the Golden Retriever was like the Honda Civic or the 1911 of dog breeds though; like, it's so common and bland that it's like getting angry at vanilla or something. I'm thinking I might learn something here!

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Pit bulls are great. Pit bull owners should be turned into dog food (many of them are).

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

retrievers are super super high-strung and high maintenance

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

"The first dog you picked was American Pit Bull Terrier. It took you 0 seconds, and 1 attempt to find the Pit. The dog most commonly picked first is the American Pit Bull Terrier, and the average time is -40 seconds with 8 attempts."

Am I allowed to be critical of pitbulls because I passed?

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

I've asked this question before in Pitbull threads and never gotten an answer. Pitbull owners, help me out here. Even if it's absolutely true that pitbulls are no more dangerous than any other dog, why the gently caress would you buy one when you know everybody thinks they're murder monsters? Why not just get any other kind of dog?

Poor trash machismo

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Zarin posted:

Yeah uh I don't want to watch that, do I? I stopped about 5 seconds in because I didn't want to find out the hard way.

watch this instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikGFtvI-bE4

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-iYiCBz7Uw

I "owned" a pitbull in Italy and she was super sweet and literally never bit anything ever. Like never made even an aggressive movement. I still think they are a terrible breed. I would have never had the dog if it hadn't been stolen from someone who was neglecting it and ended up in my possession. Whenever my wife walks our dog at the park there is invariably some horrible bully breed dog walking off leash who causes trouble.

If some bully breed dog ever attacks mine, I will without hesitation do anything I can to kill it in front of its owners right then and there.

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

BigBoss posted:

Poor trash machismo

pit bulls are garbage dogs for garbage people

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

That was a good video with a good dog.

Simultaneously in awe of the dog and the frisbee skills of the trainers :3:

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Why would anyone be so weakass as too get a purebred dog. Just get one o' them dogs that's so mixed-breed that people can describe it only as 'yeah, it's like 3/4ths dog and we're not sure about the rest'

cuz then you're all like yep, look at my dog, it sure is a dog all right

look at that dog

that's a good dog all right

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

No. 6 posted:

A truly revolting animal

i pictured this with a Kodak

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Why would anyone be so weakass as too get a purebred dog. Just get one o' them dogs that's so mixed-breed that people can describe it only as 'yeah, it's like 3/4ths dog and we're not sure about the rest'

cuz then you're all like yep, look at my dog, it sure is a dog all right

look at that dog

that's a good dog all right

He sure seems pretty excited about something!

What . . . what if that something is murdering you . . . ? :ohdear:

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Zarin posted:

That was a good video with a good dog.

Simultaneously in awe of the dog and the frisbee skills of the trainers :3:

they took in one of the dogs from michael vicks dogfighting ring too. he didnt have the drive to be a frisbee dog but he became a therapy dog. like he visited hospitals and nursing homes and stuff. they are real good dog owners and cool people.

sdasdas
Dec 29, 2012
Why are pit bull owners so dumb anyway?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

sdasdas posted:

they are human, and usually poor

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

sdasdas posted:

From what I've seen it's some levels of inbreeding and/or fetal alcohol syndrome.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

its a proven fact that pit bull owners that arent mutilated by their dogs are better lookign than gbs posters

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

My friend has a pit bull/lab mix that is super cute and cooperative.

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!
i wish you would actually link all these articles you're quoting OP, b/c i'm trying to convince my dumbass sister that pitbulls can be dangerous

shes convinced that bad pitbull press is sensationalized or something and they're not actually different from other breeds (like, at all). shes one of those willfully stupid people thats really good at mental gymnastics to justify her world-view to herself in defiance of common sense

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

i once went over a girls house and she had two pit bulls that got up on me and started licking me and i felt like if i blinked at the wrong moment i was gonna get my eye bit out. they ended up being very nice tho

i think like 80% of the appeal is having The Bad Dog so you can walk around town being all nonononono my lil pibbul is jus a baaaaaaby

e; her pits had to be put down and it was honestly really sad cuz they were really sweet dogs

Amorphous Blob fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 31, 2015

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

fivethree posted:

some people such as myself genuinely love the way they look (joker smile, big head, etc).

they are extremely athletic for their small size and are the most people-affectionate dog type i've ever owned.

why get a french bulldog or an english setter? people like different things

also my dog has killed 4 people hth tia

I dunno dude, it still seems like painting a giant manji on your car. Yeah, the manji has a rich heritage going back centuries and interesting and important cultural and religious meanings, but most people are just gonna think you're a nazi

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

NecroMonster posted:

they are cheap as gently caress and super super plentiful hth

Like dogs? Dogs are pretty loving cheap and super super plentiful too, y'know

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

NecroMonster posted:

you do and should have to watch pitbulls carefully with/around strange dogs thought because they can be very dog agressive

That sounds like a real loving good reason not to own a pitbull

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

NecroMonster posted:

id take all of the pitbulls in the world over a beagle or a retriever or any small dog breed any of them they are all garbage mean ratlike monsters

How the gently caress can someone not like beagles?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Doctor Reynolds posted:

My friend has a pit bull/lab mix that is super cute and cooperative.

i grew up with one of these and she was a nice lady

really bad dog farts though. unfortunately many of her dog farts were all mine

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

TEAYCHES posted:

i grew up with one of these and she was a nice lady

really bad dog farts though. unfortunately many of her dog farts were all mine

I think that's true of all large dogs. they all have super gross farts

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
id like to see statistics on pitbull attacks from countries where they are not used as white trash lawn ornaments.

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

NecroMonster posted:

they are cheap as gently caress and super super plentiful hth

you know what's even cheaper and more plentiful? adopting any kind of mutt from the local pound/shelter for free. hope this helps

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ninotoreS posted:

you know what's even cheaper and more plentiful? adopting a mutt from the local pound/shelter for free, genius. hope this helps

My mom has a poodle/some sort of terrier mix. It was wandering the street in front of her house one day. She gave it food and let it in.

I don't think she realizes how lucky she was to be able to even find a non-pitbull dog, much less get it without spending thousands of dollars.

joke_explainer
Dec 28, 2011

No. 6 posted:

Eddie Cahill, from Portage, Ind., was apparently killed by one of his eight-year-old dogs, Fat Boy, reports WGNtv.com.

The 40-year-old owner was found at home by his wife Bianca Rodriguez.

She had been spending the day with her family but returned home around 5pm.

She found Fat Boy with blood in his mouth and Cahill, whose body was on the living room floor, covered in dog bites.

"They were playful dogs," she said. "One slept with the girls and the other slept with me and my husband.

"I don't want people to think bad of pit bulls. It was a freak accident. He loved the dogs."

drat... a bunch of other dogs must have busted in there and killed that kid, and the pitbull's mouth is bloody because he fought the other non-pitbull dog off with their pro dog fighting skills...

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I went to the pet shelter a few years ago, asked to walk a Jack Russell that looked great, once we got outside i fumbled the leash and he took off 90mph somewhere, then some siren went off and a group of people chased him in a jeep. Thought "gently caress, can't believe that just happened." It was quite the spectacle.

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
All dogs are terrible.

Pitbulls seem wildly hit or miss in terms of behavior. My gf has a pit/lab mix and she's a big softy. Maybe it's the pure pits, but it's always a weird dichotomy of behaviors

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
this thread is stupid

op is stupid

everyone is stupid

gas thread ban op nuke planet

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

I've asked this question before in Pitbull threads and never gotten an answer. Pitbull owners, help me out here. Even if it's absolutely true that pitbulls are no more dangerous than any other dog, why the gently caress would you buy one when you know everybody thinks they're murder monsters? Why not just get any other kind of dog?

If you want a rescue dog from shelter in Phoenix Arizona, or Tucson or any other city or town in the state lines? You are getting a pitbull, it's all there is. Would you like a nice lab? Maybe some kind of shepherd or beagle? Perhaps a boxer or pointer? Better hit up the now illegal puppy mills because our shelters have one type of dog for you! PITBULLS!

Jorge and Jose and Rosa your neighbors just love pitbulls, you see they are real bad rear end "ese" and their unfixed family of pits just made more pits that no fuckin body wants.

So yea, that's why, all the vatos around town helped by white trash California Bakersfield transplants have made it literally impossible to find a dog that isn't a pitbull in this state.

Okay, I'm lying, every 5th dog is a chihuahua, yo quero lovely dogs.

I just looked at a local shelter's website and it's so bad they waive all fees on adopting pits. loving laffo.

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Aug 31, 2015

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Hm do I believe a group like the AVA or a guy on facebook. Also Im concerned about the mercury in this vaccine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Cyberball 2072 posted:

If you want a rescue dog from shelter in Phoenix Arizona, or Tucson or any other city or town in the state lines? You are getting a pitbull, it's all there is. Would you like a nice lab? Maybe some kind of shepherd or beagle? Perhaps a boxer or pointer? Better hit up the now illegal puppy mills because our shelters have one type of dog for you! PITBULLS!

Jorge and Jose and Rosa your neighbors just love pitbulls, you see they are real bad rear end "ese" and their unfixed family of pits just made more pits that no fuckin body wants.

So yea, that's why, all the vatos around town helped by white trash California Bakersfield transplants have made it literally impossible to find a dog that isn't a pitbull in this state.

Okay, I'm lying, every 5th dog is a chihuahua, yo quero lovely dogs.

I just looked at a local shelter's website and it's so bad they waive all fees on adopting pits. loving laffo.

Why don't they just destroy the pitbulls?

• Locked thread