Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

pitbulls are ugly rear end dogs anyway and shouldn't exist, along with 80% of all dog breeds which suck and are for lovely people with bad taste in dogs

imo any dog breed that can fit in a purse should also be genocided

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

freemason9 posted:

I would very much enjoy hearing more about this dog flinging episode.

the trick is to grab a set of legs in each hand and spin around like a hammer throw for maximum height/distance

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

One of my dogs was put down after he killed the pitbull that attacked him for no loving reason. Pitbulls suck and people who like them are trash.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
because the latest generation of MILLENIALS was raised without the ability to feel shame.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

gbs pitbull threads
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfzniEluT5k

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I know someone who had two nippy little dogs that she treated like children, and then had actual children. Then decided to get a pit bull because ITS NOT THE BREED ITS THE OWNERS which is a bad idea for them anyway because they are garbage dog owners of garbage dogs and their small dogs bite people too.

Then they liked the idea of pit bulls so much that they decided to foster another one. The dogs fought, and she went to break up the fight and had her finger nearly severed. She almost bled to death in her kitchen before she could call an ambulance, while her 3 kids under 4 years old were sitting right there (and could have just as easily been killed by the garbage dog).

So they are garbage dogs for garbage people the end.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

i have a bonsai pitbull, its like asian and small and useful for meditation, it doesnt kill i dont think, not unless i ask it to politely (like bowing to it and offering it tea i think)

fivethree
Jul 28, 2014

canyoneer posted:

I know someone who had two nippy little dogs that she treated like children, and then had actual children. Then decided to get a pit bull because ITS NOT THE BREED ITS THE OWNERS which is a bad idea for them anyway because they are garbage dog owners of garbage dogs and their small dogs bite people too.

Then they liked the idea of pit bulls so much that they decided to foster another one. The dogs fought, and she went to break up the fight and had her finger nearly severed. She almost bled to death in her kitchen before she could call an ambulance, while her 3 kids under 4 years old were sitting right there (and could have just as easily been killed by the garbage dog).

So they are garbage dogs for garbage people the end.

lol @ getting a pit from a shelter with an unknown history whose previous owners probably beat the everliving poo poo out of it

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008

Vorik posted:

why do people always try to kick pitbulls or w/e in those attack videos

i saw a tall, heavy man kicking at a pitbull trying to make it let go of the woman it was attacking and of course it did jack poo poo

just loving sit on the dog. put your knees on top of that dog and just let your weight do the work. like what is a dog going to do when a 170lb+ grown man sits on top of it? it is going to let go very, very quickly that's what.

cause when it inevitably squirms free your nugget pouch is gonna be only a few inches away from it's mouth?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Kaincypher posted:

cause when it inevitably squirms free your nugget pouch is gonna be only a few inches away from it's mouth?

Not a bad thing because neither pit bulls or their owners should breed.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
any stories of cops getting killed by pitbulls?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

zooted heh posted:

any stories of cops getting killed by pitbulls?

nope, because just like with black people, cops shoot pitbulls first and never ask questions

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

If your filthy trash dog kills someone or injures them both the dog and the owner should be destroyed on site

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

i have a wolf

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Prettiest dog I have ever seen was half-wolf, half-chow. I know it sounds like a weird combination, but this animal looked like a work of art. It was seriously chill, too, although it did seem to be rather disdainful.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Prettiest dog I have ever seen was half-wolf, half-chow. I know it sounds like a weird combination, but this animal looked like a work of art. It was seriously chill, too, although it did seem to be rather disdainful.

thats probably more the chow half

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Uncle Wemus posted:

thats probably more the chow half

doesn't really matter its gonna tear him open when he tries to gently caress it

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
pugs are just as deadly. deadlier if they have mastered telekinesis

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Gatekeeper posted:

i have a bonsai pitbull, its like asian and small and useful for meditation, it doesnt kill i dont think, not unless i ask it to politely (like bowing to it and offering it tea i think)

He looks very wise :)

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
pug bull

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

CaptainSarcastic posted:

What you probably saw was a Eurasier, which is sometimes called a "Wolf Chow," even though there is no wild wolf in it. The breed was developed from Chow Chows, Keeshonds (which are sometimes called Wolf Spitz, hence the name Wolf Chow), and Samoyeds.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

OMG designer dogs are bad the back yard breeders who breed them should be shot, pit bull and pug? That's the worst yet, horrible!

He's cute. :)

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Coming soon to Amazon (probably).

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

LOL, some murderdog haver bought me a custom title.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

jfc this is what jesus christ was talking about when he said "i'm comin back buds"

he meant that dog

dogs a christ

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Maldoror posted:

What you probably saw was a Eurasier, which is sometimes called a "Wolf Chow," even though there is no wild wolf in it. The breed was developed from Chow Chows, Keeshonds (which are sometimes called Wolf Spitz, hence the name Wolf Chow), and Samoyeds.

No, this was a legit hybrid - it looked nothing like a Eurasier. It was at a friend's house in pre-cellphone days, so couldn't take a picture of it at the time. You could definitely see the wolf in it, which is why its exceptional calmness was impressive - wolf hybrids can be dangerous.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah well don't bother dogs that don't want your stupid rear end in their face with your baby talk and you won't get bit

don't start none won't be none

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Moridin920 posted:

yeah well don't bother dogs that don't want your stupid rear end in their face with your baby talk and you won't get bit

don't start none won't be none

the optimum way to talk to dogs is in a cookie monster voice.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYofUYVmdQ0

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Jose Mengelez posted:

the optimum way to talk to dogs is in a cookie monster voice.

You have to use a high pitched voice. That is a friendly sound to dogs. Low pitched voice is like a growl that to them means dominance or aggression. You sound like a weirdo but the dogz like it. :)

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
I look forward to the day a senators grandson gets his throat torn out so the pitbull holocaust can start in earnest. Namaste.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

ive never had a dog but the best types of dogs are schnauzers and labradors

pitbulls might be sweet dogs if you raise them right but they seem like they're much better at biting than other dogs and flip out sometimes also

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Maldoror posted:

You have to use a high pitched voice. That is a friendly sound to dogs. Low pitched voice is like a growl that to them means dominance or aggression. You sound like a weirdo but the dogz like it. :)

Is this true? I have a naturally gravelly voice and I lower my pitch when I'm talking to dogs like "hey buddy good boy" and they seem to be cool with it. Am I accidentally scaring the poo poo out of them? Granted I've only ever had labs instead of garbage murder breeds.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I did not choose the pug life.....

I thought it was a tan bulldog.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

fivethree posted:

lol @ getting a pit from a shelter with an unknown history whose previous owners probably beat the everliving poo poo out of it

And yet apparently shelters are full of them as we read in this thread.
I am sorry but they all need to be put down.

If you can save only 1 human life by killing off all Pit bulls in shelters, do it. Hint: you will save a lot more than just 1 by doing this.

Furthermore, any aggressive dog breed should be outlawed for civilian ownership. Dogs these days don't serve any other purpose than "pet" in most cases.
Something classed a pet should never require "proper training", "intelligent owners" or whatever to not be dangerous. Because humans are shiut, won't spend time and effort on the training and are generally not to be trusted with dangerous animals.

Even Roy got eaten by his "tame tigers" and he was a pro animal trainer for many years.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Pharmaskittle posted:

Is this true? I have a naturally gravelly voice and I lower my pitch when I'm talking to dogs like "hey buddy good boy" and they seem to be cool with it. Am I accidentally scaring the poo poo out of them?

Nah, dogs are extremely adaptable. Showing teeth for example is a very aggressive gesture in terms of dog body language, but they get so used to seeing people smile that they adapt. It's part of how trainable dogs can be. It's just that high pitched vocal sounds are sounds that they naturally recognize as friendly.

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

Pharmaskittle posted:

Is this true?

it's not. dudes just talking out of his rear end

people who baby talk dogs and other animals with falsetto voices are insufferable dipshits

dogs absolutely react intuitively to emotive elements of your voice, expression, and body language, but it's more sophisticated than just 'high pitch good, low pitch bad'

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Neighbors rushed out of their homes with hammers and shovels to beat the dog off

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Hopper posted:

Furthermore, any aggressive dog breed should be outlawed for civilian ownership. Dogs these days don't serve any other purpose than "pet" in most cases.

The funny part is that if you truly ignore size, shape, and murdability and focus purely on temperament a lot of small dogs like Daschunds and Jack Russels (the Frasier dog) top the most aggressive list. Also surprise surprise, Chihuahuas. The former two weren't bred to be "pets" either, the first two were also working dogs. If we lived in a world where all we owned were dogs bred only to be pets, it would be a Retriever, Corgi, and Spaniel-less world filled with lovely little frou-frou dogs who half the time have a bad attitude anyway.

I do agree that dogs which are big and potentially dangerous should at least require a "professional dog owner" license of sort, but a lot of dog breeds which make great pets weren't originally bred for that purpose. It's up to the owners to realize that and prepare for whatever the dog's original drive was. That's also how you get people who are somehow surprised when they buy a Border Collie for their studio apartment and it's not a perfect fit. Or a high-strung snappy Dalmation who doesn't want to be around the little kid who wanted it because "101 Dalmations :downs:"

The trouble with dangerous breeds is that instead of just getting a bunch of sad dogs rehomed or messed up mentally, you get an eaten baby on top of it. If you got rid of all dogs who could potentially be a danger because of retarded/abusive owners, you wouldn't be allowed to own anything over the Toy size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cuckoo posted:

The funny part is that if you truly ignore size, shape, and murdability and focus purely on temperament a lot of small dogs like Daschunds and Jack Russels (the Frasier dog) top the most aggressive list. Also surprise surprise, Chihuahuas. The former two weren't bred to be "pets" either, the first two were also working dogs. If we lived in a world where all we owned were dogs bred only to be pets, it would be a Retriever, Corgi, and Spaniel-less world filled with lovely little frou-frou dogs who half the time have a bad attitude anyway.

I do agree that dogs which are big and potentially dangerous should at least require a "professional dog owner" license of sort, but a lot of dog breeds which make great pets weren't originally bred for that purpose. It's up to the owners to realize that and prepare for whatever the dog's original drive was. That's also how you get people who are somehow surprised when they buy a Border Collie for their studio apartment and it's not a perfect fit. Or a high-strung snappy Dalmation who doesn't want to be around the little kid who wanted it because "101 Dalmations :downs:"

The trouble with dangerous breeds is that instead of just getting a bunch of sad dogs rehomed or messed up mentally, you get an eaten baby on top of it. If you got rid of all dogs who could potentially be a danger because of retarded/abusive owners, you wouldn't be allowed to own anything over the Toy size.

Werent Chihuahuas bred as eating dogs

• Locked thread