Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BurnBlackJay
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

BurnBlackJay posted:

right go on then someone post that video of the black gentleman pile driving and spinning the derg around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

etalian posted:

problem is that they are killing machines who were selectively bred for bloodsports such as bear baiting and dog fights.

Good

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

A Dapper chihuahua

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

last i checked basically every terrier breed was bread to kill stuff, lots of other breeds too

the only thing that really sepperates pits from the other terriers is that pits just won't loving stop once they start

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
thread is now bout monkey-bating

quote:

"What a monster!" said a greasy butcher, who sat there with open mouth, a red nightcap on his head, pointing at Jacco Macacco. "I bet a leg of mutton on the monkey! You could strike me down if I ever saw such a thing before in my life. It is truly astounding! He seems to destroy the dogs with such ease as if for decades he had done nothing but fight dogs!"

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

:jackbud:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

hell pits probably aren't even the most aggressive of terriers if my experiences with those breeds are any indication

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
There's a massive Dutch shepherd that comes to the park to play ball. He hates all of the other dogs but tolerates pax the potato dog, even to the point where he will let pax take his ball and taunt him with it. The Dutch just sort of looks at him like you have to be loving kidding me here buddy

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

There's a massive Dutch shepherd that comes to the park to play ball. He hates all of the other dogs but tolerates pax the potato dog, even to the point where he will let pax take his ball and taunt him with it. The Dutch just sort of looks at him like you have to be loving kidding me here buddy

it's case he don't regard your "dog" as a threat on any level

prolly laughs his rear end off everytime he sees your dog

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

NecroMonster posted:

it's case he don't regard your "dog" as a threat on any level

prolly laughs his rear end off everytime he sees your dog

he is a pacifist. Unless you are a fox

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

this is that dog everytime it sees your dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdghRwWfaOQ

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

NecroMonster posted:

this is that dog everytime it sees your dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdghRwWfaOQ

Stop it!! You're going to hurt his feelings!!!

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Stop cyber bullying my puppy!!!

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I have a chihuahua mix that doesn't snap at people but does mouth them if they pet him or he goes after their heels and I don't know how to train him off of it because he's super cute and people want to pet him

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Troposphere posted:

I had a rescue corgi/terrier mix for a couple weeks before she decided to viciously attack one of my friends for no reason in his face and I had to give her back to the shelter. he ended up getting six stitches and it was really scary to watch.

still kind of sad about it but gently caress you don't mess with a corgi's herding instincts and I could not handle that

now I have a perfectly behaved gentleman chihuahua and even if he decided to attack someone you could just sit on him and end it

lol attacked by a corgi

your friend sounds like a pussy if a corgi managed to beat him up

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My mums dog is afraid of corgis

He's dumb as hell

Lycaeon
Feb 20, 2013

A closed door is a closed mind.
I have a pitbull. He's the sweetest thing in the whole world and only shows love and affection to everyone he meets.

Being neutered probably has something to do with it...

BurnBlackJay
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

BurnBlackJay posted:

right go on then someone post that video of the black gentleman pile driving and spinning the derg around

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Lycaeon posted:

I have a pitbull. He's the sweetest thing in the whole world and only shows love and affection to everyone he meets.

Being neutered probably has something to do with it...

tell us more about the lovely pitbull breed pitbull owner

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I was cucked by a pitt.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

corpuscollossus posted:

Mastiffs tend to have much more level temperaments than terriers. I grew up around several families who owned Bull Mastiffs, and I never heard of any issues from that breed. I've been bitten by a rottweiler, a lab and twice by alsatians, and was around mastiffs far more often.

I own a Bullmastiff and while I agree with you in general, Mastiffs are starting to become the new trendy badass dog. In a year or two I suspect we're going to start seeing a lot of backyard bred Mastiffs with unstable temperaments. Also, Mastiffs tend to have a fairly long puppyhood so while they're couch potatoes in adulthood, they can be very boisterous until 15-18 months of age. They like being at your side and preferably leaning against you 24/7. If they're kept as yard ornaments, then there's a good chance their natural instincts will prevail and that can be a real problem with a dog which was bred to act independently and to do naturally what traditional guarding dogs are trained to do - which is knock to ground, hold and alert.

Keep in mind that some Mastiff breeds were developed specifically for fighting and are restricted/banned like pitbulls. Dogos, Presas and Filas are banned in many places.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

No. 6 posted:

I was cucked by a pitt.

the uberGoon

Lycaeon
Feb 20, 2013

A closed door is a closed mind.

gently caress da Mods posted:

tell us more about the lovely pitbull breed pitbull owner

I just made sure he was well trained as a puppy, and I keep him on a strong harness leash outside of the house with treats on hand.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

next post a picture of him w a silly hat next to some ducklings

UntilYouAreSoNude
Apr 21, 2008

Lycaeon posted:

I just made sure he was well trained as a puppy, and I keep him on a strong harness leash outside of the house with treats on hand.

Congratulations on your friendly pup. :3: Any breed can be a good pet if they're raised right.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
This is the best video from the last thread along these lines

http://youtu.be/Io8ALjg4ajE

BurnBlackJay
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Give Pat a Job posted:

This is the best video from the last thread along these lines

http://youtu.be/Io8ALjg4ajE

thank you

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

UntilYouAreSoNude posted:

Congratulations on your friendly pup. :3: Any breed can be a good pet if they're raised right.

It's not just how they're raised. Some dogs are just born with unstable temperaments and irresponsible breeding tends to make the problem even worse. It happens with small and large dogs alike. People kid themselves that their unstable dog is just a puppy and will grow out of it and by the time it becomes apparent that's not true they're too attached to the dog to euthanise it, so they either give it away (making it someone else's problem) or they keep it and hope for the best.

The "there are no bad dogs, only bad owners" myth is at least partly responsible for people making bad choices when selecting dogs. It's never responsible to keep a dog with an unstable temperament, whether it's a Chihuahua, a cattle dog or an Akita.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 30, 2015

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Lolie posted:

Dogos, Presas and Filas

I'd rather see the plague of backyard blueblood shitbulls continue than an inbred extra-aggressive mutant version of any of the above breeds

Dogos already look like gigantic Pitbulls on steroids and look at how loving big Presas are. Talk about Pits all you want but if a Presa Canario wants to kill you you gonna die

Like the dog's breed description doesn't even gently caress around with abloobloobloo it's the owner not the dog :qq: bullshit, they straight up call them aggressive

Mr. Creakle fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 30, 2015

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I feel like I could beat up any dog actually

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

My aunt had a Dogo. They got it thinking it was a pure white pitbull puppy. Was a really sweet awesome dog.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Moola posted:

lol attacked by a corgi

your friend sounds like a pussy if a corgi managed to beat him up

he was sitting on the floor putting his shoes on and she went right for his lip in no time at all

those motherfuckers are chesty and can throw their weight around

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cuckoo posted:

I'd rather see the plague of backyard blueblood shitbulls continue than an inbred extra-aggressive mutant version of any of the above breeds

Dogos already look like gigantic Pitbulls on steroids and look at how loving big Presas are. Talk about Pits all you want but if a Presa Canario wants to kill you you gonna die

Like the dog's breed description doesn't even gently caress around with abloobloobloo it's the owner not the dog :qq: bullshit, they straight up call them aggressive

it's a top notch murder hound:

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

etalian posted:

it's a top notch murder hound:

do you even lift

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Troposphere posted:

he was sitting on the floor putting his shoes on and she went right for his lip in no time at all

if they didnt have such stubby limbs we'de all be dead

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Lolie posted:

It's not just how they're raised. Some dogs are just born with unstable temperaments and irresponsible breeding tends to make the problem even worse. It happens with small and large dogs alike. People kid themselves that their unstable dog is just a puppy and will grow out of it and by the time it becomes apparent that's not true they're too attached to the dog to euthanise it, so they either give it away (making it someone else's problem) or they keep it and hope for the best.

The "there are no bad dogs, only bad owners" myth is at least partly responsible for people making bad choices when selecting dogs. It's never responsible to keep a dog with an unstable temperament, whether it's a Chihuahua, a cattle dog or an Akita.

It really is one of those truth is somewhere in the middle kind of things. The reason Pits are so prevalent on the psycho dog list, even if you remove poor ownership, is many of these dogs came from backyard breeding for zero standards except for an unholy attempt to create the most muscle-bound retarded human-aggressive "badass" dog possible. These rejects appeal to the trashy crowd and not anyone serious about owning a carefully-bred dog, which makes the problem keep growing.

You could take a loving Golden Retriever and spend generations breeding the 'retriever' out of it by pairing it with aggressive animals until the only thing it wants to retrieve are your severed limbs.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
pitbull mutants are the new wasps, in that goons are all "ello-el kil it with fire, nuke it from orbit"

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Troposphere posted:

Corgis are assholes. They're always owned by some old lady who spoils them rotten because the grandkids never call. I used to walk my dog Ginger past this house where an elderly woman owned a corgi named Pookie. Pookie got really close to Ginger, who was sniffing her innocently, and growled so I could hear it, but was too quiet for the old lady to hear. I swear they're sneaky like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

• Locked thread