Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It did very poorly at the box office and was rated 2.5 stars on Netflix, but it was free and I needed background noise.
The villains weren't very compelling and Megan Fox was a terrible choice for April O'Neil, but the Turtles were very entertaining and well portrayed. I thought they did a good job differentiating their different personalities and showcasing each of their unique talents.
I still haven't finished it because I had to go mow the lawn, but I'm only short the last 20 minutes or so. Maybe I'll pick it back up tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Applewhite posted:

It did very poorly at the box office and was rated 2.5 stars on Netflix, but it was free and I needed background noise.
The villains weren't very compelling and Megan Fox was a terrible choice for April O'Neil, but the Turtles were very entertaining and well portrayed. I thought they did a good job differentiating their different personalities and showcasing each of their unique talents.
I still haven't finished it because I had to go mow the lawn, but I'm only short the last 20 minutes or so. Maybe I'll pick it back up tomorrow.

I didn't hate it either, but what I'm really curious about is that it was rated 1 star on my netflix.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Also like that Master Splinter was actually a pretty lovely ninja, just what you would expect from a mutated rat who taught himself ninjitsu from a book he found in the sewer.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

The Human Crouton posted:

I didn't hate it either, but what I'm really curious about is that it was rated 1 star on my netflix.

I have 1.5 stars. Maybe I misread it as 2.5. I didn't have the stars up when I made the OP.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Applewhite posted:

I have 1.5 stars. Maybe I misread it as 2.5. I didn't have the stars up when I made the OP.

Ok, that makes sense. People watching it at 1 star, and since they saw it for free they voted it up because the movie is pretty loving good for free.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
Maybe I'll watch this when I go through Forensic Files for the umpteenth time.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

The Human Crouton posted:

Ok, that makes sense. People watching it at 1 star, and since they saw it for free they voted it up because the movie is pretty loving good for free.

I agree it is v. good for a free movie.
Like, I feel vindicated not going to see it in theaters, but it beats the hell out of Jupiter Rising.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Not visually, but like... you know.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It's got a more feasible and well-structured plot and more relatable characters.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
If you just want pointless background noise, you can't really go wrong with Sunshine. It was a decent movie but loving slow.

If you could only hear it, Event Horizon might be OK. It is loving poo poo, though. Complete loving poo poo.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

TwoFire posted:

If you just want pointless background noise, you can't really go wrong with Sunshine. It was a decent movie but loving slow.

If you could only hear it, Event Horizon might be OK. It is loving poo poo, though. Complete loving poo poo.

Event Horizon had such a good trailer though. Like, super good.
I want the guy who did the trailer for that movie to make the trailer for my hypothetical future movie because he made Event Horizon look amazing.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Had its moments, thought it was funny when Michaelangelo was all "we'll be watching you...er, that sounded kind of creepy." Don't remember much from it tbqh, didn't really stand out one way or the other.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Applewhite posted:

Event Horizon had such a good trailer though. Like, super good.
I want the guy who did the trailer for that movie to make the trailer for my hypothetical future movie because he made Event Horizon look amazing.

Yeah the loving thing got me to watch it too. He'll be burning in hell by now (obviously sold his sole to make that seem worthwhile).

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

TwoFire posted:

Yeah the loving thing got me to watch it too. He'll be burning in hell by now (obviously sold his sole to make that seem worthwhile).

It's so good I'm gonna watch it again and imagine the movie EH should have been.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THxBHDsgTDw

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Pretty sure the netflix stars are specific to you as a user

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

Harald posted:

lol owned.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Harald posted:

That doesn't make sense how would I rate a film I'd never seen?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Shredder's suit was p. cool. Too bad Shredder sucked.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
They should do a movie where Cobra Commander is the villain.
Not stupid serious Cobra Commander like in the lovely G.I. Joe movies but high squeaky voiced Cobra Commander who is hilarious.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Applewhite posted:

It's so good I'm gonna watch it again and imagine the movie EH should have been.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THxBHDsgTDw

poo poo that was good. Hell, if I saw this, I'd put it on my queue. Shame it is such a pile of poo poo.

Then again I watched Apollo 18. HOLY gently caress DUDE WATCH OUT THE CHARCOAL IS GONNA GETCHA!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

TwoFire posted:

poo poo that was good. Hell, if I saw this, I'd put it on my queue. Shame it is such a pile of poo poo.

Then again I watched Apollo 18. HOLY gently caress DUDE WATCH OUT THE CHARCOAL IS GONNA GETCHA!

The Event Horizon trailer is so good I have to force myself to remember all the bad parts of the movie to prevent myself from watching it again purely on the basis of the trailer. I hope some advertising guy got an award for this thing.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Applewhite posted:

Also like that Master Splinter was actually a pretty lovely ninja, just what you would expect from a mutated rat who taught himself ninjitsu from a book he found in the sewer.

the bigger question is why new yorkers were throwing ninja manuals into the sewer

naem
May 29, 2011

Megan fox is my favorite

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Applewhite posted:

The Event Horizon trailer is so good I have to force myself to remember all the bad parts of the movie to prevent myself from watching it again purely on the basis of the trailer. I hope some advertising guy got an award for this thing.

I hope that guy went into politics, because all of the presidential choices are pralines and dick.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Event Horizon was also an awesome movie for the first 30 minutes.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

etalian posted:

the bigger question is why new yorkers were throwing ninja manuals into the sewer

I wondered about that but I think the best answer is that it wasn't a "real" ninja manual but a pretentious hardbound volume from the impulse buy stacks at Barnes and Noble.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Applewhite posted:

I wondered about that but I think the best answer is that it wasn't a "real" ninja manual but a pretentious hardbound volume from the impulse buy stacks at Barnes and Noble.

similar to Kung Fu hustle the manuals worked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Applewhite posted:

this thread is about event horizon now goddammit stay on task

jesus so many good actors doing such a poo poo job with a script obviously written in feces on the wall of a public toilet

• Locked thread