Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

it was at a bar while I was outside smoking...this chick wearing glasses was like "loving ASSHOLES!" as she stormed away from a group of scruffy nerds in button downs. I approached the males to ask what happened and they told me she was trying to get them to sign some kind of petition. They continued high fiving each other and explaining to me, like I hadn't heard it before, that I should ignore arguments for equal pay legislation and paid maternity leave.

I had had my fill of the conversation once one of the guys laughingly said, "Hey, have you ever been in a relationship with a woman?!" and the other three all said "Pssh, NO!" and chortled as they sipped their stella artois and bud lite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
"males" :eyeroll: :biotruths:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Payroll is zero sum so men who want to artificially reduce the pay gap are acting against their own interests. Of someone has to make 70 cents to their dollar that just makes their dollar that much more precious and valuable

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Misread the thread title, disappointed in the lack of MRA/SJW beef flaps in real life.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

One day we'll all be dead.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

BeefThief posted:

one of the guys laughingly said, "Hey, have you ever been in a relationship with a woman?!" and the other three all said "Pssh, NO!"

same

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Don't smoke cigarettes, op. Very bad for you.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
There's literally zero reason to be in a romantic with a woman, now that we have homosexuality and anime.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Someone link that thing where the MRA guy who raped a Swedish chick was being smug about pressing charges against a woman for throwing a beer in his face after he was being an MRA to her.

IcedPee
Jan 11, 2008

Yarrrr! I be here to plunder the fun outta me workplace! Avast!

FREE DECAHEDRON!
I too think it's funny when people try to pass new laws that say the same thing as laws we've had on the books since the 70s.

I'm assuming this is America because you said bud lite and most other countries aren't stupid enough to drink that poo poo (except Canada)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
what kind of retard bars do you go to where people are allowed to solicit for a petition and also where pasty virgins go to hang out together?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

what kind of retard bars do you go to where people are allowed to solicit for a petition and also where pasty virgins go to hang out together?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Cleveland Heights...not my usual playground but I'm glad I was there to witness this inane moment

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I think the whole MRA \ SJW phenomenon is basically a sign that our society is becoming broken to the point that people are so socially retarded and loathe each other so much that they can't reproduce kind of like in Japan or that experiment with the rats

This might not be a bad thing because we have more than enough people and we don't need any more babies

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Who tries to get people to sign a petition at a bar? What a retard.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
Did you thief the beef you saw irl??

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The 30% less pay than men statistic is fabricated and has been proven so for a while now, retards. Maternity leave is an actual issue though, so they were half right.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Jon Pop signed

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
*gets in between MRA group and SJW*

[in exaggerated 90's black person voice] Yo, squash the beef, B!

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
From the MGTOWs' point of view, not signing a petition and pissing off a feminist is a major victory in the frontline war on male oppression

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

BeefThief posted:

Cleveland Heights...not my usual playground but I'm glad I was there to witness this inane moment

I'm local-ish, name names please.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

bloodysabbath posted:

I'm local-ish, name names please.

Social Room on Lee. More like antisocial room that night :(

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

No-so-surprise twist: the OP is the socially awkward one in the story.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Pawn 17 posted:

No-so-surprise twist: the OP is the socially awkward one in the story.

You might be right. The other guys at least talked to the girl in the story. OP could only passively listen to her and not engage her at all.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
once i photobombed a hot lesbian and she slapped me real hard lol. thats about as close as ive ever gotten

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Arent there already several laws on the books that demand equal pay? I don't think legislation is gonna do much unless you go to particularly extreme measures like making businesses pay all their employees identical wages.

Basically what i am saying is full communism now.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

hemophilia posted:

Payroll is zero sum so men who want to artificially reduce the pay gap are acting against their own interests. Of someone has to make 70 cents to their dollar that just makes their dollar that much more precious and valuable

this is why i am in favor of slavery, because as a white male, it could work really well for me

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Not sure how you'd legislate away a statistic. I don't think those women have thought it through very well, which is probably why they aren't paid as much.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

a bone to pick posted:

The 30% less pay than men statistic is fabricated and has been proven so for a while now, retards. Maternity leave is an actual issue though, so they were half right.
Maternity leave is a worthwhile goal but if we get it before fixing poo poo like our abysmal sick leave system i think it'd pretty representative of our modern trend of caring about pop issues over doing the most good for the most people.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the next 'social reform' that happens is social security will get hosed with again

this country is run by rich fucks who don't give a poo poo about anyone but themselves

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

the next 'social reform' that happens is social security will get hosed with again

this country is run by rich fucks who don't give a poo poo about anyone but themselves

no we are re-legalizing slavery and starting the international slave trade back up. will trade two strong young slaves for a 2016 Landcruiser. get at me.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Moridin920 posted:

Not all of them :bernin:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Sir John Feelgood posted:

One day we'll all be dead.

one day robots and computer algorithims will have all our jobs

it amounts to the same thing

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

IcedPee
Jan 11, 2008

Yarrrr! I be here to plunder the fun outta me workplace! Avast!

FREE DECAHEDRON!

Crazyeyes posted:

Not all of them :bernin:

If that were actually true, sanders would support free trade and immigration reform :catdrugs:

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I support paid leave for people with medical conditions including pregnancy, but carving out a special type of leave only for people like the Duggars seems kinda lovely to me.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

Maternity leave is a worthwhile goal but if we get it before fixing poo poo like our abysmal sick leave system i think it'd pretty representative of our modern trend of caring about pop issues over doing the most good for the most people.

The fact that we're worrying more about gay and trans rights instead of how we just used 12 months of Earth's resources in 8 months is even more alarming.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

City of Tampa posted:

I support paid leave for people with medical conditions including pregnancy, but carving out a special type of leave only for people like the Duggars seems kinda lovely to me.

I guess at the end of the day I just don't trust people who are spending more of their time pushing for maternity leave than for universal sick leave (that would include maternity leave) to give two shits about poor people without access to sick leave after they got what they wanted. We only separated the two in the first place because the class privileged don't have to worry about sick leave because they already have it through their jobs.

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer
I'll be that oval office hates it when men call women bitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

City of Tampa posted:

How about a maternity leave system where you get less time off for each successive pregnancy? By the eight one you'd actually owe your employer more hours.

• Locked thread