Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin
It's less cultural cringe and more that we now have a Prime Minister so drastically incompetent that he's internationally famous for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

lol abbottsgonnawin
I've known people who've been trying to fight CSG companies on their land. It's a draining, soul-sucking, expensive process that pretty much cripples your ability to make money with the land. Coal companies are the same. Selling your land to the company isn't assent, it's defeat.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

lol abbottsgonnawin
FYI the thing with the portfolios isn't just the NSW YGs having a cry again. Lee has been knifed, no two ways about it, and the intention is to cripple her chances at re-election. Party room have always hated her, her calls to democratise how the Federal party room operates and the free education campaign.

NSW is losing its collective mind, and there is a rain of poo poo incoming for the Federal Greens.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

lol abbottsgonnawin

Pickled Tink posted:

Can you provide a full writeup of this for those of us who hide from the meetings in perpetual fear of being asked to do political volunteer work?

Honestly I don't feel comfortable digging *too* much into it in the middle of the forum. If you want to jump into IRC I'm willing to chat about it.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

lol abbottsgonnawin

You Am I posted:

What is it with NSW producing some of the worst politicians to grace the Australian political stage? Most NSW Labor, Liberal and Greens pollies are loving awful.

No you're getting it mixed up. NSW has Lee Rhiannon, John Kaye, Mehreen Faruqi and David Shoebridge; i.e. the best Greens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

lol abbottsgonnawin
Looking forward to the outrage over Fleetwood Mac touring here with known, admitted wife-beater and abuser Lindsey Buckingham.

Oh wait, no, he isn't a scary black man, so not a peep will be heard.

I think Chris Brown is scum, but I think that when the only two people we've suggested not letting through because of domestic violence crimes (or not even crimes, just upsetting lyrics) are Tyler the Creator and Chris Brown, we're not doing it because of a deep-seated hatred of violence against women.

That's separate from the issue of whether or not the ~*border force*~ should be able to act as proxies for the justice system under the unilateral direction of unaccountable ministers.

• Locked thread