Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

dr_rat posted:

Agreed. So far the Kitten to Aus politics ratio has been most excellent,

Owl see about that

http://i.imgur.com/lQnV8tI.gifv

e: fixed tags

Birb Katter fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
So it seems that 7 Eleven staff on student visas can not claim backpay for unpaid hours worked over their visa cap. So even if poo poo does rain down on them the guys doing all the work still get nothing.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
Dyson Heydon can't use A computer but give him two and the game changes.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
Media jihad

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

katlington posted:

Emergency Abbott press conference incoming.

Only two flags

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

GoldStandardConure posted:

hey craig, where am I at in life?

:itwaspoo:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
GDP is out. 0.2% for the quarter putting it at 2% for the year.

Hockeys Budget posted:

Real GDP is forecast to grow by 2¾ per cent in 2015-16, before increasing to around trend growth of 3¼ per cent in 2016-17.

RBA GDP graph shows this

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
I'm going to leave these here without comment

https://twitter.com/TheKouk/status/638888487530295296

https://twitter.com/TheKouk/status/638888761510641664

https://twitter.com/pipfreebairn/status/638888407091965952

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

HookShot posted:

It's not loving spring yet, I can't believe Australia decided "oh no people are too dumb to have the seasons change when they actually change, we'll just move them to the beginning of the month instead and tell people Sept 1 is the first day of spring when it's really three weeks later"

You realise it's been spring for 4 weeks now right? Or your Canadian sensibilities are too precious for Australia.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

HookShot posted:

Wasn't it September 1st instead of the spring equinox on I want to say the 22nd but it might be the 23rd this year I can't remember. Spring definitely doesn't start in August though, according to either the Australian calendar or science.

I just meant it's been mid 20's and sunny for weeks where I am now and seasons don't mean poo poo. poo poo 'wattle day' is the first of August because it's when wattle is meant to be out in full force and the bloom was almost over by then this year.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
In proper auspoo stuff

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
We're off to a strong start today

Sky News posted:

'The Nazis did terrible evil but they had sufficient sense of shame to try and hide it. These people boast about their evil. This is the extraordinary thing,' Mr Abbott said on 2GB.

'The Nazis did terrible evil but they had sufficient sense of shame to try and hide it.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
I'm really getting the vibe that maybe everyone in Australia should be killed and have their ghosts eaten by a yellow circle or some poo poo.

gently caress this stupid country posted:

The brother of an Iranian woman allegedly raped on Nauru, who twice tried to take her own life, says she has been kept isolated from her family and legal advice.

The 23-year-old, allegedly raped when she left the Nauru detention centre to visit friends on the island in May, was transferred to Brisbane two weeks ago for urgent treatment, amid concerns her kidneys would fail after two suicide attempts.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

norp posted:

What I don't understand is why they think this will help beyond the short term.

When penalty rates go either people are desperate enough (and probably rubbish employees) to work anyway so you would have screwed them anyway, or your candidate pool will shrink because nobody wants to do your weekend bidding for a pittance.

I am well paid, but when my employer asked me to do overtime* a couple of months ago for only single time I literally laughed at them.
I've done chunks of overtime at time+0.5 toil and that's totally not worth it.

* beyond the "reasonable extra hours" loophole they use to mandate us keeping our billables at 40

lol, beyond the short term. Kids these days.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
An anonymous benefactor has donated this to Auspol

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Amoeba102 posted:

Does Australia spend the most, per capita or per GDP, to lock up and torture refugees? I think we probably have the record for the most spend on resettling individual refugees (ie the 4 in Cambodia).

This doesn't cover spending but we are #3 for per capita intake. The bloody abc fact check, everyone knows facts have a left leaning bias

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Starshark posted:

They're not insurmountable problems. As you might have guessed for yourself, my wife's library still gives out library cards to people with no ID. Centrelink has processes for giving payments to people with no ID.

I'm calling bullshit on that last part. Centrelink doesn't have a process for giving anyone payments.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Bifauxnen posted:

That's been sorted privately Tith, which is why I'm in such a good thread mood lately :buddy:

Wait, so you guys took it to a private chat and he made you a happy lady? :pervert:

ninja edit: lol at derailing a thread that doesn't even have rails.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Box Hill Strangler posted:

Captains pick more like captains prick amirite?

Normally I wouldn't agree with someone who shops at woolies but a broken clock is right once a day.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Some Communist Scum posted:

Currently we start and finish work at the same location. I live in the eastern suburbs and work at an outstation near where I live. With the new system they want to change it around completely. Firstly they don't want you to start and finish work at the same place, so you might start work at Ringwood station and finish work at Werribee. This means you have to travel back to Ringwood in your own time if that is where you live. Their second proposal causes more problems because they want to change the rostering system completely. Currently rosters are worked out well in advance. I work a 40 week roster, so I can look up months ahead and know exactly what time I start work and what my days off are. Their new system means we will only have 11 hours notice of what shift I'm doing tomorrow. I live in Ringwood so I'd ring up for tomorrow's shift and they say I have to go to Sunbury (as an example) to start work. So I travel to Sunbury but my shift might finish at Frankston...or Ringwood. But because I started work at 4:00am I have to drive the car to work so I have to return to Sunbury to get my car then drive back home to Ringwood. The following day I ring up and they say I have to start at Werribee. It could be anywhere in the system.
I've got young kids and pay for childcare. I'll have no consistency, not know what I'm doing each day and cannot plan for anything. The only rule is we need 11 hours off between shifts so I could start at 4:00am on Monday, 7:00pm Tuesday,, 2:00pm Wednesday, 9:00am Thursday and so on... Would you want to catch my train knowing that? Currently we do morning shifts all week then change to night shift the following week with the ability to swap shifts. Fatigue management is a serious and important factor in our jobs and they want to take that away.
This dispute is not about money, it is not about pay rises. It's about working conditions and my ability to function as a human being while trying to do a job that I take very seriously. I worked very hard to get my drivers qualifications. Ask any train driver how hard the course was, they have a huge failure rate because the course is so difficult but you can be assured the person sitting up the front of your train knows exactly what they are doing and you know they've had enough sleep last night. The job is stressful sometimes but we accept that because all jobs are in their own way, but what management want to do will cause damage to the public transport system and I guarantee more mistakes will occur because of the added stress the these change will create.
I've got 35 years left until I retire (assuming the robots don't take over before then) and it's a job I enjoy and take pride in. These changes will take away all that and it's something that's worth fighting for. I'm just sorry the short term industrial action is causing issues for passengers but I've got a long time left until I retire and I want to make sure it's a job I can guarantee is safe for myself and the thousands of people I take to work every day.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Graic Gabtar posted:

So to be clear on my reasons for responding to Bifauxnen via PM:
  • I wanted to show respect to Bifauxnen who may not like what I post but doesn't tell me to drink piss (all the time); and
  • I didn't want to foul a thread with my own poo poo effort post (for once).
If that's "weak" then I'm that I guess.

What I did say to Bifauxnen is that anything I wrote to her in our exchange I regarded as public domain and she is welcome to post or forward on anything I wrote.

So if you are curious you can contact her and read it at your leisure.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I like your posting. Sure you don't mesh with the Auspol zeitgeist and I don't agree with a lot of what you say but thats cool, you aren't just being a dumb troll. Sure you should drink piss but everyone here should be drinking piss.

That said, drink piss.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
I should add look at the reg date for most of the posters, you'll see they've been around for a while and this place is a honeypot for austrolls (I'm getting a patent on that soon) so love can be hard to get if you're not in the groove.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
We lust for death. Why should they get better treatment?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Some communist newsmob posted:

Immigration Minister Peter Dutton has signed papers ordering the deportation of Sydney bikie boss Sam Ibrahim.

Ibrahim is in jail, charged with running an illegal firearms syndicate.

He was born in Lebanon and came to Australia as a child.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Kill Abbott posted:

Europe migrant crisis: Finland's PM Juha Sipilä offers own home to asylum seekers

Finland's prime minister Juha Sipilä has promised to open his own home to asylum seekers coming to the country and has urged all Finns to help with the refugee crisis.

Mr Sipilä, who spends most of his time in Helsinki, said his home in Kempele in the country's north was little used at the moment and would house asylum seekers from the start of next year.

"We should all take a look in the mirror and ask how we can help," Mr Sipila told national broadcaster YLE.

European leaders are struggling to agree to policies to deal with a huge influx of migrants, many of whom are fleeing war in Syria.

Mr Sipilä said a European Union plan to distribute 120,000 refugees arriving in Greece, Italy and Hungary to countries around the EU should be voluntary and that he hoped Finland would set an example for other countries.

The announcement came after thousands of exhausted asylum seekers streamed into Austria after being bussed to the border by the Hungarian government, which gave up trying to hold them back after days of confrontation and chaos.

Austrian police said about 4,000 refugees had arrived since the early morning hours, with many more to come.

Finland's government yesterday doubled its estimate for the number of asylum seekers in the country this year to up to 30,000.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Graic Gabtar posted:

Nations treating asylum seekers like its some kind of telethon is a depravity.

C'mon son, you can do better than that. That's some weak rear end poo poo.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
Australias Big Fail
code:
Agency	                        Department of Immigration and Border Protection
Publish Date	                21-Aug-2015
Category                        Promotional merchandise
Contract Period                 14-Aug-2015 to 19-Oct-2015
Contract Value (AUD)      	$14,877.50[/b]
Description                     2000 plush ABF branded detetor dogs

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
You'll probably find the dogwhistle is stuck up his butt because it just isn't believable that Abbotts words could come out of a mouth.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Jonah Galtberg posted:

I literally fainted IRL at this disgusting homophobia

#straightGuysLikeButtStuffToo

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

gay picnic defence posted:

Happy Monday, I saw a few things in the news today thatstood out as amusing if they weren't so sad/stupid.

To kick it off, guess who had a big mug of their own bathwater with their cereal this morning?

lol

Not sure about his numbers but I guess we should all be really grateful that Sloppy Joe cut the car manufacturing subsidies because otherwise we'd be even deeper in government debt or something.

I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise that the LNP's numbers were dodgy in the last election

Cambodia, so poo poo that people are prepared to face persecution back home than live there in a luxury mansion.

Have you considered not posting. I thought I'd hit my fill for poo poo news already this week and you just stuffed a whole lot more down my throat. I just don't have enough piss to chug so this all goes down.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
So the dump your Aussie workers and hire foreigners on the cheap thing Abbotts department told the cruise company owner that Abbott also emphatically denied, in a surprise twist it turns out Abbott was lying.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Poos Corp posted:

Syria crisis: Australia will potentially welcome more than 10,000 refugees

AUSTRALIA will welcome a separate intake of potentially more than 10,000 stricken Syrian refugees because the Abbott government overwhelmingly believes it is the Australian way.

As the mounting humanitarian crisis gripped the world last night, cabinet’s national security committee met to map out a Syrian action plan to be put to full cabinet today before going to a special party room meeting.

Seventeen government MPs, with the backing of Prime Minister Tony Abbott, passionately spoke of wanting to do more to assist the crisis during a party room meeting yesterday.

The intake could eclipse the 10,000 proposed by Labor.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
And a new Pope happened, white smoke e'rey day.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

katlington posted:

10,001 is more than 10,000!

Numbers bandied about are between 10k - 13k.

In related news

ninja edit: they're probably going to be permanent places too not TPV's

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LNP are expected to announce 12k intake.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
Bombing is actually done to thin the herd, that way we don't have to worry about there being more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
In more twitter lulz have this

• Locked thread