Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Anidav posted:

But I thought politicians need to save their ammo FOR an election, not BEFORE an election.

At this rate they're going to run out of things to lob at Shorten for Attack Ads and Slogans.

Welcome to the permanent election cycle Anidav.

When the ammo runs low they will just start slinging made up poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
Any Goons from the Brisbane area have something they need to get off their chest?

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

An old, gay friend of mine used to remark wryly that after ten beers anything was possible.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

hooman posted:

He was hitting on you.

He never said it to me. However, my comment takes us near the :siren: anecdote zone :siren: so I'll stop.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

quote:

Welcome to the Middle East: amateur hour is now over.
Interesting read.

However, at the risk of being your regular piss swiller/racist/Nazi/poo poo stain/oval office I must say some of the conclusions drawn aren't that convincing.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Good.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Man how many nukes would this require?

C'mon, let's be reasonable.

Conventional strikes against utility infrastrature, chemical attacks on population centres, escape routes patrolled by AC-130s and job done.

Get some boots on the ground after that and mop up should be a piece of piss.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

GoldStandardConure posted:

hey craig, where am I at in life?

Based on your creepy posting you're probably outside my house, desperately trying to find gaps in the blinds to peer through while having a furious and painful dry wank.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
If Labor can't take Canning I'm tipping a Doctor Who / Bill Shorten / Bill Hayden time portal thing from Pope.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Quantum Mechanic posted:

I've known people who've been trying to fight CSG companies on their land. It's a draining, soul-sucking, expensive process that pretty much cripples your ability to make money with the land. Coal companies are the same. Selling your land to the company isn't assent, it's defeat.

That could be completely true in Windsor's case but politics doesn't give a poo poo.

If it was a former LNP MP this discussion would only consist of snark about cronyism.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Negligent posted:

The Liberals are going to lose Canning and their childkiller candidate will have to live in Mandurah contemplating his failure and overpriced mortgage. It will be funny.

Negligent posted:

Labor could run a literal corpse and it would still win due to the protest vote against Abbott

Bookmarked.

On a non-auspol related thing it's the second day of Spring and from Melbourne every damned web site is plastered with spring racing/gambling ads.

:negative:

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

HookShot posted:

It's not loving spring yet, I can't believe Australia decided "oh no people are too dumb to have the seasons change when they actually change, we'll just move them to the beginning of the month instead and tell people Sept 1 is the first day of spring when it's really three weeks later"

I file seasonal dates in Australia in the same place in my mind as the third millennium beginning 1st January 2000. Just smile and nod.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

You Am I posted:

"Come to the Gold Coast, Get Knocked Up"

"The Gold Coast - The only fucks given are by horny backpackers!"

Too classy?

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Maybe some kind of celebratory feast is in order?

Les Affaires posted:

Yet again another story about people in Canberra fleecing an Australian icon just to make headlines.

Well played.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
"The Nazis did terrible evil but they threw some awesome loving parties. These people boast about their wowserism, this is an extrodinary thing."

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
If anyone is getting around with a "One Term Tony" tattoo you can sleep a little more soundly now.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

hooman posted:

My "Craigs engaging with effort posts" tattoo is looking like a bad investment though.

Well to start with you're going to need to find one more Craig.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

hooman posted:

My boss replies to my effort emails all the time. You're the Craig letting the team down.

You don't work for me do you?

* pings IT spooks for weblogs *

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Lid posted:

loving Die You gently caress

As completely tragic as it is open borders won't save you if you die on the way.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Halo14 posted:

Yeah kid should have stayed at home so Asbestos Julie could bomb him directly.

That is not what I said or suggested.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Bifauxnen posted:

The sentence he wrote is true in isolation. It's just irrelevant to what's going on. And used by politicians as an excuse to make things worse for refugees instead of better.

Even if it is comment used to "make things worse for refugees" that's not why I made it.

With respect you don't need to defend what I say by putting a caveat on it that it is in isolation.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

open24hours posted:

So he has a view, just not one he's willing to share publicly? So weak.

So to be clear on my reasons for responding to Bifauxnen via PM:
  • I wanted to show respect to Bifauxnen who may not like what I post but doesn't tell me to drink piss (all the time); and
  • I didn't want to foul a thread with my own poo poo effort post (for once).
If that's "weak" then I'm that I guess.

What I did say to Bifauxnen is that anything I wrote to her in our exchange I regarded as public domain and she is welcome to post or forward on anything I wrote.

So if you are curious you can contact her and read it at your leisure.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Birb Katter posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I like your posting. Sure you don't mesh with the Auspol zeitgeist and I don't agree with a lot of what you say but thats cool, you aren't just being a dumb troll. Sure you should drink piss but everyone here should be drinking piss.

That said, drink piss.

I will gladly drink piss for what has been at times lazy posting. You need to be careful out there on that limb, but thanks.

Birb Katter posted:

I should add look at the reg date for most of the posters, you'll see they've been around for a while and this place is a honeypot for austrolls (I'm getting a patent on that soon) so love can be hard to get if you're not in the groove.

I think it is abundantly clear by now that if I think I deserve more support I should be buying tighter jocks.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
Nations treating asylum seekers like its some kind of telethon is a depravity.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Birb Katter posted:

C'mon son, you can do better than that. That's some weak rear end poo poo.

With respect I am very drunk and very angry about asylum seekers at the moment.

These are not connected but I am still very pissed off. To

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

tithin posted:

What's got your scrunt in a taint today friend

I'm angrier than I have been in a long, long time. Auspol tragics would simply tell me to drink piss for my views but I have reached bat poo poo crazy status based on the state of the world.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

open24hours posted:

Ewen Jones saying North Queensland could take 30k refugees. I guess that answers the labour question in the Northern Australia whitepaper.

Could go higher. The Syrian/"Syrian" global guilt telethon has a few more days to play out yet.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

GoldStandardConure posted:

Why is Syria in scare quotes?

When I was typing in Syria this article popped into my head:

http://www.theage.com.au/world/migrant-crisis-pakistanis-others-dumping-ids-to-become-syrian-20150906-gjggcn.html

quote:

Hajdukovo, Serbia: A Pakistani identity card in the bushes, a Bangladeshi one in a cornfield. A torn Iraqi driver's licence bearing the photo of a man with a Saddam-style moustache, another one with a scarfed woman displaying a shy smile.

Documents scattered only metres from Serbia's border with Hungary provide evidence that many of the migrants flooding Europe to escape war or poverty are scrapping their true nationalities and likely assuming new ones, just as they enter the European Union.

Many of those migrants believe that using a fake document – or having none at all – gives them a better chance of receiving asylum in Germany and other western European states. That's because the surest route to asylum is to be a refugee from war and not an economic migrant fleeing poverty. That fact has led to a huge influx of people claiming to be Syrian.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Zenithe posted:

If you thought throwing away your documents meant you had a better chance of being granted asylum, why would you not?

Of course you would do it. Doesn't do a lot for the brand though.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Negligent posted:

ALP: 10,000

Greens: 20,000

NGOs: 30,000

who will be the first to call for 40,000

Footy finals will be in full swing in a tick so no one is going to care in a few days.

Also, these are pledges only remember. I can't imagine Australia is going to throw open the flood gates unless they are presented with n thousand genuine Syrians who also happen to be skilled, healthy etc.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

sick trigger posted:

fact check infographic on australia's refugee intake

Wow, the World's "just do enough" challenge is really going to make a dent in that 59 odd million. What will the number be up to by the time we select our healthy, educated Christians?

If I used facebook I would give that a like.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
I leave you clowns alone for five minutes and politics happens.

9.15pm party meeting.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Just the usual. Riding on the backs of the poor.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Also watching libspill from a hospital ED because my girlfriend decided to break her foot at netball

Confirming netball is a poo poo game.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Don't feel like a beer suddenly.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Orkin Mang posted:

good, i want u cognitively sound. whats ur gloss on all this?

We're all hosed.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I will NEVER, EVER vote Liberal with Turnbull as leader. I am a committed Liberal voter, but if Abbott is dumped as leader, I will end my support of the Liberal Party. I can never vote Labor, Greens or Independent, so that only leaves ALA - Australian Liberty Alliance. With Turnbull as leader of the Liberal Party, Labor will easily win the next election and on that day I think I will wear a black armband in mourning for Australia!

There is some great rage on Boltys blog

If the only thing that comes from all this is a bolta aneurysm then I'd count that as a win.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
gently caress, even a leadership spill couldn't slay Q&A for a night.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
My dream.

Hockey is gone.

I sleep easy again.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
Has Abbott unfolded yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
gently caress he's weak.

I'm am however more interested in hearing about Hockey's shameful demise though.

• Locked thread