Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/lo...409c4a7f5c.html

quote:

PIERRE | A proposal by a state lawmaker could require that visual inspection be used as part of a process to officially determine a person's gender in South Dakota, including for high school athletes.

The battle over how to officially determine someone's gender arises from a controversy over whether transgender high school students can declare their own gender when participating in sports.

A high school athletic group enacted a policy last year that allows students to decide for themselves which gender group they will compete with. But some lawmakers are unhappy with that concept.

So, the issue appears poised to carry into the 2016 legislative session, and one possible approach would be a law that may remove a person's right to decide for themselves.

The Legislature’s interim committee dealt with the issue Thursday and requested a draft of a potential state law.

The proposal from Rep. Roger Hunt, R-Brandon, would rely on official birth certificates and visual inspections for determining gender rather than allowing people to decide and declare their gender on their own.

He said gender is determined at conception and the transgender debate is riding the gay marriage wave.

“This is South Dakota. We haven’t adopted the East Coast culture. We haven’t adopted the West Coast culture. We maintain our own culture,” Hunt said.

The committee vote was 6-5. The panel spent several hours considering again the policy set last year by the South Dakota High School Activities Association board of directors.

The policy allows transgender students to participate in athletics as members of the opposite sex.

The association’s board is reworking pieces of the policy after legislators repeatedly attempted to overturn it last winter, winning in the House of Representatives each time but then failing in the Senate.

The board meets next week. The legislative committee should wait until after the board finishes its efforts, said Sen. Larry Tidemann, R-Brookings. “For that reason we may be putting the cart before the horse,” he said.

Sen. Bill Van Gerpen, R-Tyndall, said the Legislature set policies on substance abuse and concussions for the association in previous years and should determine the gender policy too.

“This definitely is a minority population we’re addressing,” Rep. Kris Langer, R-Dell Rapids, said. “It’s such a small group to be legislating. No policy, or rescinding this, is the best.”

Sen. Craig Tieszen, R-Rapid City, said a survey found that four in five schools preferred the association to take the lead on the policy. Tieszen said he trusts people in the schools to work this out.

“I believe they have the best interest of children as a whole in their hearts,” Tieszen said.

:aatrek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

south dakota is poo poo hth

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

like "yeah we have mount rushmore. and we have that place where a bunch of indians died. and, uh..."

then you laugh at them for defending south dakota

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

symbolic posted:

like "yeah we have mount rushmore. and we have that place where a bunch of indians died. and, uh..."

then you laugh at them for defending south dakota

mount rushmore is loving stupid

wow its a bunch of loving rocks that look like dead people how cool

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

oh yeah SD also has the stupidest loving roadside attraction ever, Wall Drug

why did we waste a nuke on Nagasaki when clearly the Dakotas deserved it more

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i don't hear much about north dakotans. i think we should check on them. they might be dead.

Desetr Eagle
Aug 21, 2015

by Ralp
Is subway Jared a spokesperson for South Dakota too?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

how much does a dick inspector make

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i don't hear much about north dakotans. i think we should check on them. they might be dead.
north dakota is a myth

jimmy neutron said so

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.
I support this decision mainly because it makes Trannies really mad. And angry trannies are hilariously dangerous and unstable...because they are literally crazy.

Imperial Hippo
Aug 14, 2006
Study the past, if you would divine the future
This is just Small Government at work to protect individual rights. Or some such. At least North Dakota has oil and gas!

Desetr Eagle
Aug 21, 2015

by Ralp

Imperial Hippo posted:

At least North Dakota has oil and gas!

same

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
because the latest generation of MILLENIALS was raised without the ability to feel shame.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

Parallax Scroll posted:

how much does a dick inspector make

$69/day

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
How do I get the job inspecting naked, athletic, gender-confused teens?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

quote:

The bigger story is the idea that 0.6% of the population can get the media and academia to believe it's a good idea to allow high schoolers and others a legal right to self identify a gender whenever they want to use certain restrooms or participate in men's or women's sports programs. All logic, common sense, and reasonable thought has been tossed out to ride a PC wave. .a narrative pushed by the left.
This state is simply trying to reinstate some sanity.

oh reddit

"it's ok to look at teenagers' dicks because liberals are bad :downs:"

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
well im glad they have the privilege of being ogled by creepy adults to switch genders

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
its really great to have such forwrd thinking these days

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

reddit liker posted:

oh reddit

"it's ok to look at teenagers' dicks"

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
It makes sense purely from a physical point of view - men are stronger and faster than women which is why the women have separate olympics events bc otherwise they'd win gently caress all lol

So a transgender with big man-thighs running the 100m sprint? In a fair world it doesn't happen

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

SirEvelynTremble posted:

It makes sense purely from a physical point of view - men are stronger and faster than women which is why the women have separate olympics events bc otherwise they'd win gently caress all lol

So a transgender with big man-thighs running the 100m sprint? In a fair world it doesn't happen

dick inspector to the rescue

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Yeah, men make better women than women

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah, men make better women than women

Example: Mrs. Doubtfire, Tootsie

verily carefree
Apr 5, 2014

i remember my first penis inspection day

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
im so glad i have no part in any of this

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
although i think its funny that the WHOA UR LOOKIN AT MAI PENIS outrage is just as narrowminded as the lawmakers trying to enact this.like why do you give a gently caress

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

my volunteer dick inspection experience is going to be a real boon

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

symbolic posted:

south dakota is poo poo hth

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Fun Shoe

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

although i think its funny that the WHOA UR LOOKIN AT MAI PENIS outrage is just as narrowminded as the lawmakers trying to enact this.like why do you give a gently caress

prolly cos some of the people who'll be inspected are literal children :shrug:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

we could go back to like greek times and have athletes compete naked, but then we wouldn't be able to put advertising on uniforms anymore

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Parallax Scroll posted:

we could go back to like greek times and have athletes compete naked, but then we wouldn't be able to put advertising on uniforms anymore
easy solution: tattoo logos on them

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
At least their thinking of the children

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Bardeh posted:

yet circumcision is legal

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Fun Shoe

ashgromnies posted:

yet circumcision is legal

ya america + jews + muslims are weird and hosed up, i agree

this man has managed to land his dream job of collecting athlete's piss for the NSAC. can you imagine what the vagina and weiner inspector will look like

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 31, 2015

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Bardeh posted:

you know what happens when you take your literal children to the doctor dont you

texasmed
May 27, 2004

Bardeh posted:

ya america + jews + muslims are weird and hosed up, i agree

this man has managed to land his dream job of collecting athlete's piss for the NSAC. can you imagine what the vagina and weiner inspector will look like

probably like this you dumb nerd

you know if you ever get a physical they cup your balls

verily carefree
Apr 5, 2014

to check for cancer not because boohoo a penis endowed individual won the 100m sprint in a school track meet that no one will remember in a day lmfao

texasmed
May 27, 2004
Thats finger in butthole, the ball cupping is to check for hernias. Why not verify gender when checking for hernias, sounds simple enough to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verily carefree
Apr 5, 2014

texasmed posted:

Thats finger in butthole, the ball cupping is to check for hernias. Why not verify gender when checking for hernias, sounds simple enough to me

united states of unnecessary medical procedures america

i presume obamacare that you lobbied against will foot the bill

• Locked thread