Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

MustardFacial posted:

I'm stuck. I've got a bunch of buttcoins, but all of the exchanges have shut down, and all I can do on the darknet to buy drugs. How do you actually get money out of this thing?

That's the point of the game; you don't! :ssh:

Also it gets a hell of a lot more ridiculous/hilarious from there, believe me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

1. Buy drugs 2. ??? 3. Profit

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

MustardFacial posted:

I'm stuck. I've got a bunch of buttcoins, but all of the exchanges have shut down, and all I can do on the darknet to buy drugs. How do you actually get money out of this thing?

Have you considered meeting a sketchy stranger in a parking lot to trade for a bag of Wal-Mart gift card?

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

MrChips posted:

Also it gets a hell of a lot more ridiculous/hilarious from there, believe me.

I gave up after completing (getting stuck in) the Sierraesque Bitcoin Island game. I took some weasel stuff to make the background pulse but I just can't figure where the hidden bit is on the white level. :shrug:

Jesus did I spend two hours on that game today!?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Damnit. Fitbit is almost dead - the band is separating from it, and apparently on the Charge, it's just glued onto the device itself, and not user replaceable. The band is actually starting to split.

Good thing I bought it online, and never delete emails - thus, I still have the receipt to show that it's in warranty.

scuz posted:

Got a coupon for a cheaper-than-I've-found-elsewhere alignment at a Firestone down the road a bit. I can't wait until they do the inspection of the car and give me the list of things that need fixing so I can do them myself :clint:

Mom took her car into NTB to get a tire rotation. A very grim-faced service advisor told her that her brakes are in horrible shape, and handed her a quote for $1200, and claimed the car isn't safe to drive.

With a 30% off coupon I found online, I can get everything I need at Advance Auto for $115 + tax. We knew the back brakes were almost to the backing pads, but the rotors in the back are fine. The front brakes still have plenty of meat on them, but the car shakes while braking, so it needs rotors up front (may as well do the pads at the same time). They also wanted to do a brake system flush (... fluid in it is a year old), cooling system flush (... done 50k ago, OEM Toyota long life fluid), and the invoice showed double labor charges for the front brakes, a charge to resurface the front rotors, and a charge for new front and rear rotors.

That $115 is for all 4 rotors + both sets of pads. They wanted $600 just for parts. And were double billing for labor on several things.

I've driven the car plenty. It does need brakes sometime soon, but it's safe to drive (nothing is grinding, it doesn't pull, it just shudders under heavy braking, so definitely needs front rotors). It needs struts after the brakes, it's definitely a bit floatier than it used to be - but it's a full size sedan with almost 150k, so that's to be expected.

Magnus Praeda posted:

I went to the ER about a month ago for what I thought was a heart attack and ended up being a panic attack. poo poo's scary, yo. The worst part is that I calmed down about five minutes after they stuck an IV in me.

Like Noise Complaint said, :10bux: said they snuck some Ativan into the IV. 2mg of that via IV will calm you the gently caress down, but you won't be very coordinated for a few hours.

* Source: had IV Ativan several times. It's a gift of the gods for panic attacks.. along with alcohol withdrawal.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Sep 1, 2015

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Sorry for the doublepost. Walked out of work for my first delivery today and....

:fuckoff:

Walked into the restaurant a few doors down (the 2 spots between them and where I work are vacant), asked the owner if he knew who was driving that truck. Guy at a table behind me piped up and said "I am". Asked him if he could please move his truck so I could get in my car, he just said "I was able to get out fine, you should be able to get in fine". Informed him that the side rails on the flat bed were blocking my door from opening more than a couple of inches (my mirror hit it before I could open it wide enough to even get a leg in), he said I must have parked over the line, so I showed him that picture and repeated my request.

He apologized and moved it so it would take up 2 spaces (our parking spaces are loving tiny, my right wheels were almost on the line on the other side). I'd rather he take up 2 spaces instead of try to squeeze into a space meant for a smaller car - that restaurant attracts a lot of contractors, construction types, etc, so there's always big trucks and trailers being parked in the lot. They (almost) always manage to park without blocking anyone in. It's a pretty big lot, especially for how many vacant spaces there are (about 1/3 of the strip center is empty). Still wondering why he parked in front of my workplace when the place he was eating at is 3 doors down though, and most of the lot was empty.

Wondering how he didn't take my mirror off parking that thing - I watched him back it into that spot (... could have just pulled through from the other side, next row was completely empty).

And before you suggest I get in from the passenger seat - hell no, the interior is too cramped to do that without pulling multiple muscles, plus that would have meant trying to drag the pizzas in behind me (the back seat is too small for them to really be back there, they flop over on their sides onto the floor if I brake hard or take a turn anything faster than a snail).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Sep 1, 2015

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

TwoFire posted:

I gave up after completing (getting stuck in) the Sierraesque Bitcoin Island game. I took some weasel stuff to make the background pulse but I just can't figure where the hidden bit is on the white level. :shrug:

Order a hit on the Moon in Bitcoin Island, then go back to the white game, take some weasel dust and go to the Darknet and you will see what you need to do.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

The house might still look like we turned it upside down and shook it but I spent an hour in the garage last night rearranging, it's now barely more than half full, everything's sorted into same type piles and we know where it all is. I'll pick up some 2x2 & 2x4 later this week and knock some shelves together, then I might have enough space to build a basic work bench. Three nights of good sleep will do wonders it seems.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wake me up when this lovely month ends.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Rhyno posted:

Wake me up when this lovely month ends.

It hasn't even started yet... Wait, or are you talking about August? Still have 86 more minutes.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

"You're the only driver tonight but don't worry, its been slow all day." Three hours and 18 deliveries later... :suicide:

Tips were poo poo too since everything was like an hour late. Kinda wish theyd just pay me like 12-13 bucks an hour and get rid of tips entirely. Would really take the hurt out of nights like tonight where I get nothing because we were short staffed and falling behind. God forbid pizza hut spend any money on their employees though. Cheaper to train a new guy when people ragequit i guess.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

EST is the only time zone that matters in the US so it's September now.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Can I pull the smallest U-Haul trailer with a Chrysler 200C? Or do those require a truck at the minimum? Anyone know a trailer that a sedan can pull?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Great Beer posted:

"You're the only driver tonight but don't worry, its been slow all day." Three hours and 18 deliveries later... :suicide:

Tips were poo poo too since everything was like an hour late. Kinda wish theyd just pay me like 12-13 bucks an hour and get rid of tips entirely. Would really take the hurt out of nights like tonight where I get nothing because we were short staffed and falling behind. God forbid pizza hut spend any money on their employees though. Cheaper to train a new guy when people ragequit i guess.

I've managed to hit 7 an hour at the Hut - last week actually, and the area manager was asking my boss "how the gently caress did he do that?". It wasn't a nonstop 7 per hour, but it showed up in the driver logs as "Best per hour: 7". The fact that I actually nailed 7 in an hour was shocking, especially given the size of our area. I know our area really well, use voice recognition for Google Maps, and I know plenty of shortcuts. I managed a couple of triples that day too, which helped - triples are normally OH gently caress NO, but they were all going the same direction, and all needed to be delivered 10 minutes ago when I left. I generally average 5 an hour during a decent rush, but if the stars line up right, I can hit 6 or 7.

24 deliveries in 5 hours, walked out the door $130 richer.

My record per hour was 11, but that was at Papa John's, in a much smaller delivery area, and walking out the door with all 11 at once (and driving like a loving idiot, ways I would never drive again - had several drivers quit in one day, and welp...). 54 orders that day, that's my record at PJ's. My record at PH so far is 48, but that was during a pretty nasty ice storm, and it was basically an open to close shift (I left 30 minutes before normal closing - we actually closed at 7, just so we could catch up, and because several drivers wrecked their cars trying to drive on ice).

There's no excuse to schedule 1 driver for a dinner rush, even in a slow store, except for opening shifts on slow days. I'm the only driver from open until 4 or 5 on Monday, Wednesday, and some Thursdays (I'm off Sundays and Tuesdays). Fri, Sat, Sun we run 2 opening drivers (3 in the summer on Sat/Sun). On Saturday I was scheduled for a short shift (5-9), wound up staying until nearly close (we close at 12 on Fri/Sat, I clocked out at 11:30) and walked out with about $70.

Today sucked though. Just a slow day in general, 9 orders from 10:30 to 5. I usually have 15+ in that shift, and I got stiffed twice. My store is a slower store in my franchise (still close to a $1M/yr store, and my boss has a bet with the owner about building a brand new store once he breaks $1M/yr - this store is nearly 30 years old and in bad shape), but I have a manager that refuses to schedule less than 3 drivers for evenings, and consistently schedules me as his primary opening driver because he knows I know how to.. uh.. shall we say, get poo poo delivered fast without getting pulled over, and also knows I'm very good with smoothing things over with customers. He trusts me with his password for the point of sale/FMS, as long as I don't go in and gently caress with schedules or money. The only time I touch anything financial is to correct a tip entry, or verify a drop for someone (we require a non-manager to verify drops for managers), or if a safe/till count is coming up funny (which happens really often with one manager in particular). I'm also often cashing other drivers in and assigning orders to them - basically I do a lot of what a level 1 shift manager does, but without the pay (and I can say "hell no" if I'm not comfortable with something, and I'm pretty much never on the make table - I do everything else though).

One thing that may or may not help you - call your customers when you know you're going to be late, especially if you're in the store and already know it'll be late (that way you can call from the store phone instead of your personal phone). My GM usually does this, but if we're super busy (aka the GM is the only one in the store), I'll call them myself from my cell once I'm on the way, apologize for running late, make up something about the kitchen running behind, or a driver calling in sick, and give them an accurate ETA. If I get voicemail, I leave a polite message saying "Hi, this is STR from Pizza Hut, it's about <x time>. Just wanted to apologize for running late, but I should be arriving in <y minutes> with your order. If you need to contact me in the next few minutes, my number is <google voice number that I called from>. See you in a few." (I always call from my GV number, that way I can block them if they start calling me and getting bitchy days later, which has happened to me before when I worked at Papa John's). If they get bitchy, ask your manager if you have authority to offer a credit for their next order - the point of sale system has the capability to do so as long as the next order is with the same phone # (and will even apply it toward internet orders).

One thing that helps - if I'm calling from the store, my GM will offer them a free 2 liter, cookie, brownie, etc to help smooth things over. He's given me the authority to do the same. If I forget a drink, I'll often bring 2 to make up for it (you will forget drinks sometimes, it's a part of it - sometimes I'll run by a corner store to get one if there's one close, and I have a standing agreement with the GM that I'll just take a drink home with me when I do that, even though he's willing to reimburse me... don't want him paying for my fuckup).

Biodome posted:

Can I pull the smallest U-Haul trailer with a Chrysler 200C? Or do those require a truck at the minimum? Anyone know a trailer that a sedan can pull?

Your owner's manual will tell you what you can and cannot pull. Probably the sticker on the drivers door jamb as well (it may be on the door itself, but near the physical latch).

In the US, cars are often downrated in towing capacity for some reason, compared to their overseas versions. In any event, it's fairly likely it can pull a very small trailer, but you'll have to get a hitch installed.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Sep 1, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

some texas redneck posted:

In the US, cars are often downrated in towing capacity for some reason, compared to their overseas versions.

It's cause we're fatter on average and the car has to compensate.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Your owner's manual will tell you what you can and cannot pull. Probably the sticker on the drivers door jamb as well (it may be on the door itself, but near the physical latch).

In the US, cars are often downrated in towing capacity for some reason, compared to their overseas versions. In any event, it's fairly likely it can pull a very small trailer, but you'll have to get a hitch installed.

Keep in mind that U-Haul has their own guidelines about what vehicle they will rent to; they don't just go by towing ratings.

I plugged a 2015 Chrysler 200 into the uhaul website, and it said they would rent up to a 6'x12', although you'd be better off with a smaller one. It also depends on what weight your hitch is rated to. Biodome, I suggest you plug your car into their thing (I don't know what year and drivetrain you have) and it'll tell you what they'll let you rent.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Raluek posted:

Keep in mind that U-Haul has their own guidelines about what vehicle they will rent to; they don't just go by towing ratings.

I plugged a 2015 Chrysler 200 into the uhaul website, and it said they would rent up to a 6'x12', although you'd be better off with a smaller one. It also depends on what weight your hitch is rated to. Biodome, I suggest you plug your car into their thing (I don't know what year and drivetrain you have) and it'll tell you what they'll let you rent.

Cool, I'll do that. Thanks everyone.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Uhaul is funny - they won't let me choose any package. I guess the mid-90's Ford Explorer's reputation for sitting on all four wheels falling over lives on.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Hi, September thread. Nice title, Adiabatic. (you're still a cheater)

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Urgh... Im halfway through a lime mortar technology course doing heritage restoration on some buildings in one of our national parks. Its part stone masonry, part lime mortar use and my GOD am i sore. Think i batched and moved about a tonne of mortar today between morning tea and lunch, running two concrete mixers flat out.

3 more days, I think im going to die!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

meatpimp posted:

If it ticks over 12am 1st anywhere in the world, a new thread is fair game.

Either that or start creating effort OP's and earn the thread.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
XKCD meets AI:

(And, yes, xkcd allows hotlinking.)

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

meatpimp posted:

I'll be sure to let you make October, bud. Sorry for triggering your autism!

September should be a pretty good month. Ezoo is next weekend! Anyone going?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Ferremit posted:

Urgh... Im halfway through a lime mortar technology course doing heritage restoration on some buildings in one of our national parks. Its part stone masonry, part lime mortar use and my GOD am i sore. Think i batched and moved about a tonne of mortar today between morning tea and lunch, running two concrete mixers flat out.

3 more days, I think im going to die!

I used to work at a bike shop, quite a big one. So when Christmas rolled around there were an awful lot of bikes flying out of the store. This meant replenishment about twice a week and the warehouse had shelves stacked to the ceiling. 100+ bikes a week averaging 15-20kg each is a lot of weight to be hauling around. Fittest I've ever been...

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Geirskogul posted:

Uhaul is funny - they won't let me choose any package. I guess the mid-90's Ford Explorer's reputation for sitting on all four wheels falling over lives on.

Yet you can choose the mercury equivalent that's mechanically the same.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

2nd story window

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
Do i get extra AI points for chopping of the roof of a PT cruiser today?

Was fun being on the training grounds working on MVA drills again. bonus points for making our probies sitt in the vehicle while we extract them and roll the roof.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Pics or it didn't happen.

http://www.waff.com/story/29869389/alea-to-begin-closing-drivers-license-offices-4-to-remain-open

I hope this isn't real.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

for more information, please see alabama's new voter ID law.

TRUMP 2016

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
CharlesM, yeah that house is on Jim Crow. You local?

Commie, the depths of depravity that are occuring on with a 2.7T allroad in my garage right now would make even you think twice ha.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

holy poo poo lol, 4 DMVs spread out over the ENTIRE state? That's going to be a goddamned nightmare for everyone involved.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Adiabatic posted:

I'll be sure to let you make October, bud. Sorry for triggering your autism!

September should be a pretty good month. Ezoo is next weekend! Anyone going?

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

If it ticks over 12am 1st anywhere in the world, a new thread is fair game.

Either that or start creating effort OP's and earn the thread.

Autism recognizes autism and not jokes, apparently.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Geirskogul posted:

When we hauled the Lexus home I had to tell them it was an ES300, despite the SC's weight plus their trailer being within the truck's tow rating. gently caress yo rules Uhaul.
(it's not something I'd do again, since the truck was clearly not at all happy to be loaded that close to GCWR but hey, it made it and was safe/legal)

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

fjelltorsk posted:

Do i get extra AI points for chopping of the roof of a PT cruiser today?

Was fun being on the training grounds working on MVA drills again. bonus points for making our probies sitt in the vehicle while we extract them and roll the roof.

Why would you try to save anyone in a PT Cruiser? It's called triage.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
I may or may not have rerouted my crew while driving back from a false alarm to go pick up my new roadbike...

i am a bad man

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

meatpimp posted:

Autism recognizes autism and not jokes, apparently.

:butt::hf::burger:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

IOC how you gonna play me like this homie, deleting my proper chat thread with no fanfare and poo poo. drat.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

There's no excuse to schedule 1 driver for a dinner rush, even in a slow store

We had another guy, but we were over on hours last week (having appropriate staff levels now counts as over) because we were cleaning the store for an upcoming health inspection. So he got cut for the night so the area coaches excel spreadsheet would look better. Thanks buddy!

I feel bad for the gm. They're threatening to fire her because someone keeps stealing 2 liter sodas and she hasn't caught them yet. We have no security cameras and the ac won't pay anyone to install any. She's the hardest working person in the store by a wide margin and it's going to collapse without her.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Super Aggro Crag posted:

1. Buy drugs 2. ??? 3. Profit

I'd change that post haste, I got banned for that a few years ago. Then again, IOwnCalculus seems to be kinder and gentler than sigtrap. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

MustardFacial posted:

Same, i saved up 40BTC and bought a stack of $10,000 in $20 bills off the darknet, but now it wont let me choose a mining rig or whatever

• Locked thread