Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Guys the Mad Max video game was released today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Tusen Takk posted:

Same, i saved up 40BTC and bought a stack of $10,000 in $20 bills off the darknet, but now it wont let me choose a mining rig or whatever

There's a pink box in the top right corner

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Oh god, are we really talking Bitcoins?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

scuz posted:

It's good so far. I lost track of time and forgot to go to work.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

scuz posted:

As did Metal Gear Solid V. It's ventures so far into crazy town that it's awesome and it's now open world. It mixes future AI with 1700's AI with a mixture of vehicles, mech's, and horses. Also, I had it reserved before I knew about Mad Max, so I'm obligated to play it first.. But I will definitely get to Mad Max ASAP.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Yeah I didn't realize Metal Gear Solid was coming out this week, so I'll get to it when I'm done Mad Max.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Totally didn't know MGS came out today. Too bad I'm supervising kart practice tonight. Will have to pick it up on the way home as that's the only game series I still play.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

Totally didn't know MGS came out today. Too bad I'm supervising kart practice tonight. Will have to pick it up on the way home as that's the only game series I still play.

I stopped playing it after MGS2 jumped the shark with the fat guy on roller blades with timed detonators on top of an oil derrick, oh and that ending that was an hour and a half long and started the series descent into crazy town. I did dig the style of the last one on PS3, but the controls were too screwy for my tastes. I got the demo for this one from a friend 6 months ago and I kept playing it and finding new things, it finally went back to its roots of high tech tactical espionage, it's a little corny in places, but I mean.. Come on, it's MGS it has to be a bit corny in some areas I suppose, just not way out anime guy with sword swinging at what in the hell fat guy on roller blades corny.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
So I tried posted a post in the 'recommend me a car' thread in A/T, and it quickly got hijacked and I never got a response.

My little brother is an immature poo poo who sucks at driving. I've kept his Honda on the road for eight years and now the exhaust is making a funny noise and he refuses to drive it. He's driving my mom's Nissan Rogue to work.

They're giving him $4k to replace his Honda, and he wants a truck. It has to be "good in the winter" so I'm thinking 4WD + recommending snow tires, and it has to be "reliable." (Note, his Honda only left him stranded once, when the 7-year-old battery died).

He's getting a new vehicle like now, whether I think it's a smart or good idea or not.

I'm also in charge of finding it for him (and then selling his Honda).

I'm in northern Indiana, and there's a huge amount of used Rangers, F150s and Cherokees on craigslist. Anything else I should be looking for? I know a fair bit about Rangers and Cherokees, but what about like 2000-ish F-150s?

(Also, anybody want a 1998 Honda Accord for a grand? The body is in bad shape but mechanically it's in good shape, brand new battery alternator and tires... will need a timing belt done pretty soon though.)

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

keykey posted:

I stopped playing it after MGS2 jumped the shark with the fat guy on roller blades with timed detonators on top of an oil derrick, oh and that ending that was an hour and a half long and started the series descent into crazy town. I did dig the style of the last one on PS3, but the controls were too screwy for my tastes. I got the demo for this one from a friend 6 months ago and I kept playing it and finding new things, it finally went back to its roots of high tech tactical espionage, it's a little corny in places, but I mean.. Come on, it's MGS it has to be a bit corny in some areas I suppose, just not way out anime guy with sword swinging at what in the hell fat guy on roller blades corny.

The whole cheesiness of the series is the appeal to me. MGS2 is probably my favorite one just for how off the rails the plot was. Having a fat guy on roller skates, gay vampires and some dude possessed by an arm were high points in the franchise from my point of view.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I'm waiting for Fallout 4 and Dishonored 2

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

CornHolio posted:

Brothers bad car ways

Ranger with a 3.0 Vulcan. Indestructible, slow, and reliable.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

1500quidporsche posted:

The whole cheesiness of the series is the appeal to me. MGS2 is probably my favorite one just for how off the rails the plot was. Having a fat guy on roller skates, gay vampires and some dude possessed by an arm were high points in the franchise from my point of view.

Yup, MGS games are fairly batshit and probably the most homoerotic piece of entertainment since Commando.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

My wife already pre-ordered Fallout 4. On a side note, Fallout Shelter is finally available for android.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

CornHolio posted:

So I tried posted a post in the 'recommend me a car' thread in A/T, and it quickly got hijacked and I never got a response.

My little brother is an immature poo poo who sucks at driving. I've kept his Honda on the road for eight years and now the exhaust is making a funny noise and he refuses to drive it. He's driving my mom's Nissan Rogue to work.

They're giving him $4k to replace his Honda, and he wants a truck. It has to be "good in the winter" so I'm thinking 4WD + recommending snow tires, and it has to be "reliable." (Note, his Honda only left him stranded once, when the 7-year-old battery died).

He's getting a new vehicle like now, whether I think it's a smart or good idea or not.

I'm in northern Indiana, and there's a huge amount of used Rangers, F150s and Cherokees on craigslist. Anything else I should be looking for? I know a fair bit about Rangers and Cherokees, but what about like 2000-ish F-150s?

(Also, anybody want a 1998 Honda Accord for a grand? The body is in bad shape but mechanically it's in good shape, brand new battery alternator and tires... will need a timing belt done pretty soon though.)

He'd probably be best off with a Vulcan Ranger or a pre-2000 XJ, but as far as F-150's go, a 2v 4.6 F-150 would be a pretty decent truck. Watch for oil leaks, noisy timing chain, check the cab corners, rockers, body mounts, and bed. The 4.6 will go forever, the transmissions are halfway decent, and the manual transfer cases are solid as well. Parts are incredibly loving cheap for F-series trucks as Ford sold a metric fuckton of these. Stay away from the 5.4 if you're not familiar with the spark plug issues and don't want to deal with it, but the earlier 2v 5.4's are halfway decent, especially the 99's with the forged cranks, PI heads, and metal intake manifolds.

Another excellent option would be a 5.3 GM truck.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

I think FO4 will be the only game I buy in the next year. So excited for it.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

CornHolio posted:

My little brother is an immature poo poo who's getting a new car...

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Ranger with a 3.0 Vulcan. Indestructible, slow, and reliable.
Ranger was going to be my first suggestion otherwise a Nissan hardbody or whatever is pretty drat indestructible as well. 2wd with actual snow tires would do just fine if he isn't a complete gently caress up.

CommieGIR posted:

Yes, I'm really looking forward to these two.

I just matched with a friend of Rhyno's on Tinder.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Plane-posting as we sit at the gate. They say there's some problem with paperwork. We'll see if it's that, or a case of "woops forgot this plane needs a total overhaul, good luck!" like the last time Southwest "delayed" my flight.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

One of the kids has scratched the poo poo out of the floor in the new place, it's like new car syndrome but worse.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
MGS2 is the most important game of 2015.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

BraveUlysses posted:

I think FO4 will be the only game I buy in the next year. So excited for it.

FO4, Battlefront, FIFA and/or NHL 16, the Nathan Drake Collection and Uncharted 4... Mad Max when I can grab it used for cheap. I need a new tv.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Christ I don't know how much more of this loving job I can take. Got in today and got lectured by Business Development for following the rules and and then got a fuckload of "RUSH" emails asking me to turn poo poo around the same day while the manager is dumping a ton of poo poo on me that my coworker couldn't be bothered to do before taking off for vacation. All the while I'm getting stupid questions like "Does a person on long term disability count as disabled?" and "Can you confirm we didn't sell this benefit that appears nowhere in the sold proposal." Every time my phone buzzes I pray to god I'm getting a call for a job I've applied for but it never happens :smith:

Phone posted:

:agreed:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Boy I sure love taking this principles of EE class that's mostly irrelevant to my ME degree, is only required for one senior level class, and is definitely not a complete rehash of the automotive electrical and physics 2 classes I've already taken. Definitely couldn't be doing better things with my time.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

keykey posted:

On a side note, Fallout Shelter is finally available for android.

I played this for a little while until a Deathclaw attack followed immediately by molerats made me ragequit.

Enourmo posted:

IOC how you gonna play me like this homie, deleting my proper chat thread with no fanfare and poo poo. drat.

Next time there's multiple threads I'll just flip a coin or some poo poo to see who lives and who gets gassed.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

IOwnCalculus posted:

I played this for a little while until a Deathclaw attack followed immediately by molerats made me ragequit.

I haven't hit that wall yet, I'm still waiting for Deathclaws to show up.. I know they'll rape me with my current compound.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Goddamn its still the first and you guys are already up to 3 pages? poo poo.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

They've gotta do something while they're at work :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Our new guy is super friendly and seems knowledgeable. But he drives a stanced out 97 Honda accord. I'm torn about hating him. :(

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

New Mad Max game confirmed awesome as gently caress. Really don't see why there were 4 other options you could pick when choosing a body for your car because this one is :perfect:

Game also has a built in capture mode that pauses the action, removes the HUD, and gives you free cam with lots of options. More games need this feature :h:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Elmnt80 posted:

Our new guy is super friendly and seems knowledgeable. But he drives a stanced out 97 Honda accord. I'm torn about hating him. :(

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

leica posted:

They've gotta do something while they're at work :v:

This is only half a joke.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

SuperDucky posted:

CharlesM, yeah that house is on Jim Crow. You local?
No, I was curious why it's named Jim Crow.

CornHolio posted:

Check out the safety ratings on iihs.org, especially for a 2000 F-150 :v:

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Phone posted:

And here I forgot to have it start downloading before I went to work :doh:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Y'all mean mgs5 right

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

CharlesM posted:

No, I was curious why it's named Jim Crow.

Check out the safety ratings on iihs.org, especially for a 2000 F-150 :v:

Oh, I'm fully aware of that issue. He also pretty much never gets up to any kind of speed because he hates highways, so I'm less worried about that.

Noise Complaint posted:

He'd probably be best off with a Vulcan Ranger or a pre-2000 XJ, but as far as F-150's go, a 2v 4.6 F-150 would be a pretty decent truck. Watch for oil leaks, noisy timing chain, check the cab corners, rockers, body mounts, and bed. The 4.6 will go forever, the transmissions are halfway decent, and the manual transfer cases are solid as well. Parts are incredibly loving cheap for F-series trucks as Ford sold a metric fuckton of these. Stay away from the 5.4 if you're not familiar with the spark plug issues and don't want to deal with it, but the earlier 2v 5.4's are halfway decent, especially the 99's with the forged cranks, PI heads, and metal intake manifolds.

Another excellent option would be a 5.3 GM truck.

What happened in 2000 to the Cherokee? My old job had a 2000 classic model, it seemed great.

Which years did GM have the 5.3? I hate GM and pay them no attention but I do know their trucks are decent.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Ranger was going to be my first suggestion otherwise a Nissan hardbody or whatever is pretty drat indestructible as well. 2wd with actual snow tires would do just fine if he isn't a complete gently caress up.

By hardbody do you mean Frontier or XTerra? Either might be good for him. Haven't thought about those.

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 1, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Can anyone try to make me an animated avatar from about 3:22 or so, the focus on the Bartender going "b-b-b-b"

It's for an idea I have.

https://youtu.be/r4OhIU-PmB8

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Can anyone try to make me an animated avatar from about 3:22 or so, the focus on the Bartender going "b-b-b-b"

It's for an idea I have.

?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

lol you can't embed a gifv

e: oh cool you got it :thumbsup:

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

14 INCH SLIT posted:

It's for an idea I have.

That's fairly coincidental, I'm going to see them play 7 hours from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

CornHolio posted:

By hardbody do you mean Frontier or XTerra? Either might be good for him. Haven't thought about those.
Na I mean the early 90's plain boring hardbody (aka pickup), there's also the 4wd version. If he wants something nicer looking and newer I have no experience with them.

Some entertaining video from this weekend - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGzzjQvEeec

• Locked thread