Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

for more information, please see alabama's new voter ID law.

TRUMP 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I just watched it the other night. apple is is so awesome.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

14 INCH DICK posted:

Not gonna lie, would.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You can also say those are Kevin Smith's jorts and make some money there too

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

12. contractor's company "declares bankrupcy", contractor starts new company with the same name.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

fjelltorsk posted:

Got the Amarok. Where do i collect my questionable tattoos, wifebeater and hat?

God its slow tho. i think maybe i am spoiled

It has a 1:3 scale model of a diesel engine under the hood, it's supposed to be slow.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DrakeriderCa posted:

Jesus Christ why is towing a travel trailer so complicated? I started out looking at Maximum Trailer Weight and now these guys are saying you have to look at GVWR and GCWR and do a bunch of math. :argh:

there are like 6 or 7 different numbers you have to look at. maximum trailer weight, tongue weight with and without a load leveling hitch, gcwr and your curb weight with you in it and a tank of gas.

or you can do it the redneck way and just buy the biggest fuckin trailer you can afford and wing it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DrakeriderCa posted:

Aaaaaaaaaalllllllllllberta :clint:

Exactly, there's a reason bumpstops exist, and the transmission is supposed to smoke like that.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

more than the price of a new iphone considering you can sell a year old iphone and take less than a $400 hit.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

drat, you're hard on poo poo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Still dont get it

perry farrell

perryfarrell

peripheral

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

2 of em, stacked.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm gonna laugh when it turns out to be some bored 8 year old who got a rifle for his birthday and wasn't explained the consequences of shooting at stuff.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I kinda thought that would be obvious enough for even a retarded 8 year old to understand without explaination

Yeah, but arizona though.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

How the hell are they able to breathe if they are that stupid?

Nomally, it's through a cigarette.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

god drat, the mad max game is janky as poo poo and slow as balls. it's like the creators have never played a video game or seen the movie.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeah but all the on foot stuff is slow as hell and it keeps forcing you to get out of the car, and climbing ladders only works half the time and there's more bullshit talking in the first 5 minutes of the game than there is in the entire movie.

and there is no flow, it cuts to black to show you an animation of you getting water FFS. you have to hold the buttons to do any action instead of just pressing them for whatever reason. and all the upgrades are locked behind 3 different levels of bullshit.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 11, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I feel like the Mad Max game was originally designed as a survival game and gradually transitioned to a vehicular combat game over what must have been a brutal series of publisher interventions.

it feels like they had a generic uncharted knock-off xbox 360 game on the shelf and someone gave them 6 months to make a mad max game out of it.

i love the car combat bits and upgrading the car and all that, but holy gently caress the climbing doesn't loving work, quit making me do it. and stop making me slog all the way back through your poorly designed levels after making it in the first time.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Marauder Stig posted:

Is there a "Hot Rod Drag Week Chat Thread" hiding in AI somewhere?

These days it seems you'd be more likely to find corollachat

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There's a 190mph in the 7s chevette at drag week :allears:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Slow is Fast posted:

I'm testing out a pair of Timberland Classics and I like them, but dear loving hell it sucked trying to clutch this morning when I'm used to wearing beat to gently caress broken in new blanaces all the time.

I wear size 17 steel toe boots everywhere that weigh about 7lbs a piece, i could probably bust zip ties with my calves.

I also have them broken in so well that i can slip my feet in and out of them like slippers.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Raluek posted:

:shobon: I guess some people are just hard on their things.

My Ford needed a rebuilt engine after 20 years, and has gone another 35. In that time it's needed new brushes for the generator, wheel bearings, a couple water pumps, a carb kit, wheel cylinders, clutch master, and somehow it chewed up the diff ring gear like 15 years ago. To me, that's all expected maintenance stuff, except the ring gear.

My dad's Ford is only 11 years old, but it's been trouble free except for the fuel pump that went out a couple years ago.

I think the Fords have been the most reliable vehicles we have had. The interior of the Honda that's only a year older than my dad's Ford is falling apart; all the plastic is getting fragile.

there are good ones and bad ones. i bought my 00 with 70k on it and put another 100k on it without issue. my 05 i bought with 100k and did 20k without issue. my 06 i bought with 120 and took to 150k with problem after problem. i've only put 3000kms on my F250 now, but it has been rock solid.

My 06 GMC duramax van was nothing but problems(mostly electrical) for 135k, that 01 cummins dodge was a pain in the rear end for ~40k

The GMC would eat rear transmission seals every 5000-1000kms, and all GM would do is replace the seal.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

I like just buying a lovely old car and then all the rattles and poo poo is to be expected. I think my mind would explode if I dropped five digits on a car and it made even the tiniest noise.

not only that, but you can patch a beater with duct tape because you can't devalue it any further. it was when you bought it and always will be a $1000 car.

With a $30k car, you have to put the actual official replacement part in, because every half-assed bodge job that works knocks a little bit of value off of it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The one i got has no bluetooth, only wifi, which is annoying as poo poo because as long as wifi is connected to it you got not internet. Although it is nice because it connects to my old first gen ipad. it also works well with scanXL even though manufacturer specific modules are expensive as hell. one cleared abs or TCS light pays for itself.

also, if you hit the "test results" screen it kills the powerstroke. some test most ODB readers send kills the powerstroke.

It's a shame, because torque pro has powerstroke specific PIDs like trans slip and exhaust backpressure, but i'm paranoid about leaving it in in case it tries something goofy and shuts me down on the highway.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MrChips posted:

And yet here we are in Alberta (basically, Texas North) and our gas prices just went up 16 cents per litre because gently caress you that's why. I can't wait to see what excuse the Oil Industry Speak 'n' Say comes up with this time.

Shell stations seem to be the first and the worst to jump.

I wish people were disciplined enough for a boycott. The suppliers work together a lot better than the people do.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CharlesM posted:

Looks like they have the "drivatars" enabled for single player now. They are supposed to take the driving style of the person. If you have friends theirs' come first (if they've played the game I think). When Forza 5 first came out all the drivatars seemed to have ramming set to 100%. I presume they've toned that down. I kind of want to get an Xbox One again.

There's a "limit aggression" setting now, but you still get rammed by the AI once in a while., and the AI in general is pretty poo poo.

There's also a screenshot function in the xbone, double click the xbone button and hit X, and then it shows up in your profile on the website.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

blk posted:

Those of you with more cars than garage space - how do you determine which cars go in the garage? Just had a...discussion with the wife about this and am curious how other people do it.

For me, with a 2 car garage, one side is the car being worked on, the other side is the one i like the most. I prefer to use the garage as a tool rather than a storage space.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

So the VW legally should be at 0.05 g/mile in the US, 0.12g/mile it's actually at about 2.2 g/mile.

My 7.3 with no emissions equipment whatsoever is only at about 5.9g/mile.

What's interesting is how this killed platinum prices, because the platinum catalyst used in a high NOx DPF system is basically useless now.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

But platinum is used in standard catalytic converters as well....

It's not completely dead, but down ~8% in 4 days. There are a whole lot of vehicles worldwide that aren't going to be using it anymore.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

Depends on the 'Fix' VW and others come up with. Might involve more.

I don't think so. I think the fix for older cars is a richer fuel mixture, hotter DPF burn and installation of a urea system.

Going forward, it's going to be full temp DPFs and urea for everybody!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Adiabatic posted:

They should just take a page out of Coal's book and inject limestone into the combustion chambers.

Or re-certify the cars for a 8,501 GVWR so it's classified as a heavy-duty vehicle where emissions are measured in g/bhp*h, then crank the car up to 250hp and it's legal.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Magnus Praeda posted:

I wish Subaru would bring the Baja back. They never will, but I love mine and I don't know what I'd replace it with if I had to.

as the XV bajatrek with a lift kit and 148hp.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Still seems like a pretty drat good deal.

I'm looking at $95 a tire for chinesium whitewalls for my car. granted they're probably twice that size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Geirskogul posted:

Holy poo poo that gets me, too. I'll be able to pick up, vacuum, sweep, then mop the downstairs (all tile), do the litter box, clean out the water dish, take out the trash, and start a load of laundry, in maybe a two hour span. I'll either be listening to a podcast or listening to nothing at all. She, on the other hand, will watch Netflix in-between bites of food, or between painting each nail, or between picking up each dirty dish to take downstairs.

Yeah, women seem to have a "cleaning day" every week and a "cleaning weekend" every month.

Men have a "cleaning hour" when needed.

and what's the deal with airline peanuts.

• Locked thread