Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

holy poo poo lol, 4 DMVs spread out over the ENTIRE state? That's going to be a goddamned nightmare for everyone involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

corn in the fridge posted:

hello everyone the weathers getting colder already but I'm actually looking forward to autumn this year for some reason

what about everyone else? 😗

I'm torn between being ready for the heat/humidity to gently caress off and wanting it to last a little longer. I didn't go swimming this summer at all :saddowns:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

where do you usually go swimming?

There's a couple local rivers that have a bunch of great swimming holes not super far from me, shits nice, not a ton of people to bug you.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
nuke/meteor 2016 y'all

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

14 INCH DICK posted:

The blackest burn I have ever seen went something along the lines of "with how many horrible tragedies happen almost daily in the United States, you'd almost think it was built on the top of thousands of ancient Indian burial grounds."

hahahaha :drat:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

bandman posted:

My ex wife's dad has one of those and he let me drive it a few times. It's a loving riot and devastatingly fast. His swap was done with an S54 transmission, which he had rebuilt and got a TRD LSD installed, so he can't do hard launches with it like you could if he'd used an E153 transmission.

S54 transmission? That would have been an SW20 MR2, not the ZZW30 which was called the MR-S in the states. The MR-S uses a Corolla/7g Celica drivetrain (1ZZ or 2ZZ)whereas the SW20 had a Camry (5SFE) or Celica AllTrac engine (3SGTE).

They're all incredibly fun cars, I just had to sperg.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Negromancer posted:

I want that dog.

Yea, but to do a 2gr v6 swap into a ZZW30 most people use the s54, same setup when they put a 2gr into a sw20.

I hadn't heard of this swap before and :monocle: I bet that's a riot

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

iwentdoodie posted:

Waiting on the 20k service for the Escape to be done.

There's a suuuuuuper religious couple in the waiting area, the poo poo about that clerk in KY came on the TV and he started muttering about "filthy atheists" in the same manner that Draco Malfoy muttered about mudbloods.

Try to slip a "hail satan" into your conversation with the service writer.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

14 INCH DICK posted:

Don't even try to slip it in simply end your conversation with it as if saying goodbye.

This is basically what I was aiming for, yeah

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
If you judge people based on what kind of OS their phone has you should probably loving kill yourself, hth

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

CommieGIR posted:

Iphone user spotted :smuggo:

It goes both ways, smug iPhone users are just as bad as smug Android people. It's a goddamn phone, pick whatever flavor makes you happy and shut the gently caress up.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
*reads back through chat thread*

LOL I guess this is a bad time to mention that I adopted a pit-bull last week, and he's literally the sweetest, most well behaved dog I've ever had. My cats only took a day or two before they were chilling next to him like they had been friends since small times.

gently caress you people

t :D

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

88h88 posted:

As Mooseykins noted, Heat and Ronin are top notch. I keep meaning to see Collateral but have somehow never managed it. I'll add the others to my list. Cheers.

Go watch Collateral immediately, one of the only Tom Cruise movies I really like.

I think his best work was in Tropic Thunder :v:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I like Collateral, I've seen it four or five times now including twice in the theater when it first came out. It absolutely has its moments, but its greatest strength is that it's not too ambitious for its characters.

Yeah, probably what makes Collateral such a good film is how believable the characters are. They aren't superhuman or hyper evil or anything, just normal well, in Cruise's character's case normal for a sociopath people.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
All politicians deserve a good burning.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

My biggest beef with the trailblazer is the economy isn't much better than a full size Tahoe.

That and the garbage electric fan on the 6 banger. The Denali model had a 5.3 in them, so you cannabinoid that noise.

I'd add the Commander to your short list. I didn't care for the fit and finish on the interior though.

That's an interesting auto-correct...

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

I hope you are all celebrating accordingly today

Silver Alicorn alt spotted :v:

They are pretty cute little buggers, I'll give them that.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Adiabatic posted:

OH poo poo I thought the work computer blocked USB data transfer but hey I was wrong, so enjoy these cool pics of a generic coal power station with no affiliation to any one company in particular:

Parallel coal mills/pulverizers:

There's 15 of them in a row.

Pretty bad steam leak out of a pump seal:

It's a smaller pump (like only the size of my torso) for an aux system so they're running anyways.

Giant 3 story condenser:

This big guy sits under the low pressure turbine and condenses the steam back into water via cooling water from the lake.

1st extraction feedwater heater:

This guy extracts steam from the turbines and uses it to heat the water before it comes into the boiler, via shell/tube heat exchangers. Think a giant circular radiator. There's 6 of these. Per boiler Three boilers here.

That valve hand wheel is about 6 ft in diameter, by the way.

Shot of the outside of one of the units:

The corrugated 12 story metal building to the right is the boiler. Everything you see outside here is emissions equipment working the boiler exhaust. It actually draws a lot of parallels to car exhaust emissions, interestingly enough.

Here's the inside shot of those ducts, as they come off the boiler and go out to the stack:

Forced draft fans:

8 of these per boiler, and they're huge. Not only that, there's another 8 on the exhaust side. Using the FD fans to push fresh air into the boiler, and using the Induced Draft (ID) fans on the exhaust, they can adjust the pressure in the boiler to very slightly below barometric.

More to come from my afternoon jaunt. The turbine room is insane. INSANE.

Best post in this thread in days, can't wait to see more. I love walking around massive industrial complexes like that.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

scuz posted:

reddit is basically trash, but then there are subs like https://www.reddit.com/r/justrolledintotheshop that are funny.

edit:
:siren: NEW ROADKILL :siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRh5KIVO3CM

loving awesome. Am I a bad person for thinking the new Charger tail-lights actually look good on the General Mayhem?

Also lol @ the General Maintenance. Oh, Mopar :allears:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

CommieGIR posted:

A gas tanker and another semi tumbled off i-285 onto Georgia 400.

I'm so glad I don't live there anymore.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I have a couple old Mac TiBooks that can still run the forums and do general computer stuff pretty well. Really need to finish fixing up the GHZ model (god damned hinges :argh: ) just to have a fuckaround laptop in case my main one dies.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Don't forget all the money he saved by insulating his stairs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

keykey posted:

That reminds me, I saw this gem last weekend:

can't see it too well, but it's also a dually.

That's an old Uhaul truck that someone has pulled the box off. In other words, awesome.

And holy gently caress that Trupra is loving amazing. I love that the supra dash fits in the truck cab with no modification.

• Locked thread