Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Uhaul is funny - they won't let me choose any package. I guess the mid-90's Ford Explorer's reputation for sitting on all four wheels falling over lives on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Y'all mean mgs5 right

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Can anyone try to make me an animated avatar from about 3:22 or so, the focus on the Bartender going "b-b-b-b"

It's for an idea I have.

https://youtu.be/r4OhIU-PmB8

For reference:

http://www.clipconverter.cc/

then

http://ezgif.com/maker

You can then crop and do other easy poo poo.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvkJzYHCdHI

I like this recent series.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
How big can avatars be again?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Speaking of peeps what happened to West Saab Story: Kindle Edition?

(also I want to say I read SA before joining but I was hardcore into the Megatokyo forums before this and thought SA was for neckbearded people that blow up gamecubes and lose fingats. Yeah, much shame, to this day.)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Guys why is there ethereal music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B0yWq7yhfk

What is going on am I having a stroke?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Trim a lot of the uppermost branches and the widest branches to match the loss of the destroyed roots. Water heavily but don't overwater to the point of rot when re-planting.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Agree with MustardFacial. If you want to think about how absurd game pre-ordering is (especially, but not solely, in this digital era), replace "game" with "box of cereal." It just wouldn't make sense - you'd want to taste the cereal first, or at least hear about how friends liked it, before you bought it.

E: it turns out my favorite woodworker on YouTube (Jimmy DiResta) just bought a 71 C10 and may start a series of videos on it. Check out his daily driver as well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9shHd0c9UiE

E: poo poo C10 freudian slip

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 3, 2015

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The subaru Baja is hilarious and it's on my list of "if I find a good runner for less than 2k" cars that I'd drain my savings for.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

fjelltorsk posted:

we really need a truck tho. we could drive a mile closer and shave off 50% off the walk with some more ground clearance. will be checking out some amaroks and hiluxes the next week, and also a forrester.

You know my vw bus is high enough off the ground I have never used a jack, even when changing the brake lines and pushrod tubes.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

BrokenKnucklez posted:

They are popular with the stance crowd lately.

This. I would sell my ACVWs if they became popular with the stance crowd (I know there are tons of slammed ones, which can be sexy, I'm talking about stanced)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Okay so the previous owner on my bus thought duct tape was the right way to go for wiring. Also he directly wired 12v to the antenna line (intentionally, used a spade connector and homemade adapter and everything), which explains why the radio didn't work anyway. This is getting interesting.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Continually falling prices written in paint pen are a good sign, right?

Final price: Ten O'clock

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Is that the pickup that looks like a jetta on steroids?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I don't hate people with kids, I just don't want my own. That's why I got a vasectomy :shrug:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

InitialDave posted:

Also, watch Narcos, it's really good.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
As the licensed optician of the group, I highly recommend seeing an eye doctor every two years, even if the Rx doesn't change. You'd be amazed at what else can change. And if they offer fundus photography for something like $50, then go for it. That's the moneymaker right there, along with the physical slit lamp examination by the doc (the part where you see the reflections of your own eye veins in your vision).

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

leica posted:

What do you mean, like he can tell if you have some sort of disease or a health condition by looking at your eyes?

Ummm, yes. This is actually the reason all states make corrective Rxs expire, because it forces your lazy rear end into the office every now and again for the health check*.

The 7 years I did it, I saw multiple people with ocular nerve cancer, early onset macular degeneration, etc, that either saved their eyesight, or their lives, by having the disease or cancer spotted in the yearly exam. Better to lose your eye than your brain.

Cancer is the obvious one, but things like MD or glaucoma are those diseases that can have their progression slowed or halted, but the damage can never be reversed, so the earliest detection is the key to saving your eyesight.

*not true, but is a convenient motivator

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
So you can't flash a custom recovery, sideload the image, and flash it? I was having the exact issues you are having, but with my HTC One M7, and I had to go through that song and dance night before last. Took a few hours, but recovered my bricked phone. Ended up stepping through like four different custom recoveries until one would stick, on two different computers. TWRP allows bypassing the security requirements on-device for when it fails through adp.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

meatpimp posted:

What in the gently caress is going on with my local craigslist tonight?

Within the past hour there's been a 1972 VW Westphalia camper with 46k original miles for $9900 posted, along with an original 1958 Isetta 600 limo for $20k...

I've already left a message for the Isetta and emailed the Westie.

Unicorn day.

Buy both right now!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I'm going to run some wire tomorrow, if I'm not as sick as a dog, on the bus. I already have planned on a large 4 or 6 awg wire for stuff to be powered off of the second battery up front. Then two pair of 12 awg wires for miscellany (speakers?), two separate 14/16 awg wires (dedicated ground? Rear dash cam? LED lighting? Oil pressure sender? Who knows?), and a length of stranded CAT 5e (always useful). So far, the bundle is about one inch in diameter, maybe less.

Am I missing anything? I did the same for the beetle, minus the 4 awg second battery wire, of course, and I think I've got all possible accessories/sensor wires covered.

PS if this headache ends up killing me, it was the fumes from shop 3609. Goddamn I feel like poo poo.

E: meant for the stupid question thread but you're all homies here.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Mine has a gps sensor that embeds location and speed data in the video stream, which I think could be useful. I also have two G1Ws that have worked flawlessly in Phoenix for over a year now.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I switched to a UniFi AP, connected to whatever flavor of gigabit router with DD-WRT installed with the stock WiFi radio disabled. Haven't had any issues, and disabling the onboard WiFi on the router greatly reduces heat and increases stability. The UniFi AP is rock-loving-solid and has an excellent range, too.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Tusen Takk posted:

if you do the punishment is buying me a new avatar :)

Oh god I finally clicked on the view post thing and this is amazing. MBR.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Vcc'uum For'tnn wgah'nagl nnngof'nn

(In the house of fourteen the vacuum watches children)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 17, 2015

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
GASCHAT

I had a digornio pizza yesterday and added chipotle peppers to it and now my partner in the ambulance hates me.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The UK has a laugh at Australia because Tony Abbott eats a raw onion. But now the UK's PM is outed as literally hosed a dead pig.

hosed. A. Dead. Pig. Goddaaaaaaaaammmmmmn we aint topping that poo poo.

I think I saw a black mirror episode about this, hold on.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

Episode 2 (maybe 3) of it made me want to loving cry, and I honestly might have. The one with the guy who spends his points to send the chick to the talent show.

gently caress that show.

White Bear gets me every time. Really, really creepy.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Sigma X posted:

Technically speaking, yeah, 49.9...% of people fall below average intelligence.

Not necessarily. It depends on the distribution.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
You could...just...stay out of YOSPOS?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
And I like putting people with crazy avatars on ignore but if I did that then half of AI would be in there and I like most of these guys.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Guys, Mister Rogers is on Netflix.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Guys, what is your most anticipated movie, and why is is The Martian?

I just discovered the Ares Live youtube channel.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Make sure you find the Grover thread, he's a pretty handy guy and did some amazing work to his house.

Did you know drywall can be load bearing? I didn't. Apparently the only prerequisite is that you build your house on a garage-depth foundation with no footers in the middle of a swamp.

Groverhaus

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Wait why didn't anybody say the latest MCM was with a beetle? :allears:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Come at me bro <:mad:>

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Hmmmm...

Whitewalls...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Geirskogul posted:

Hmmmm...

Whitewalls...

I bought these. I know people say that the bus needs "C"-rated 8-ply tires, but the only ones I can find that fit are trailer tires with lovely tread patterns. I already have 205/75-14 car tires on there, and these are a real, non-chinesium brand, and whitewalls.

• Locked thread