Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Speaking of cancer and awesomeness, this video appeared the other day and the guy in it is a friend of a friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lj_gFyI1Qs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

00.33am here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs069dndIYk

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Ferremit posted:

Urgh... Im halfway through a lime mortar technology course doing heritage restoration on some buildings in one of our national parks. Its part stone masonry, part lime mortar use and my GOD am i sore. Think i batched and moved about a tonne of mortar today between morning tea and lunch, running two concrete mixers flat out.

3 more days, I think im going to die!

I used to work at a bike shop, quite a big one. So when Christmas rolled around there were an awful lot of bikes flying out of the store. This meant replenishment about twice a week and the warehouse had shelves stacked to the ceiling. 100+ bikes a week averaging 15-20kg each is a lot of weight to be hauling around. Fittest I've ever been...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

The whole cheesiness of the series is the appeal to me. MGS2 is probably my favorite one just for how off the rails the plot was. Having a fat guy on roller skates, gay vampires and some dude possessed by an arm were high points in the franchise from my point of view.

Yup, MGS games are fairly batshit and probably the most homoerotic piece of entertainment since Commando.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The 'bimmerbimmerbimmerbimmer' bit made me laugh pretty hard. And yes, I'm loving these videos.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Coredump posted:

I'd like Moog a lot more if he'd gain 10 or 20 pounds.

I'd like him a lot more if he studied music theory and actually had knowledge of the genres he tries to make as his attempts always come across like he heard one song and assumes that's what it all sounds like.

...and also if he'd gain 10 or 20 lbs.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Summer needs to arrive first before we have autumn. It's the rules.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Coredump posted:

I was waiting for someone to bite, might as well been you. Okay Cat I know this is going to the most American thing you hear all day but ever since I started watching MCM Moog's face just seems "off" to me. Then I finally figured out what bothered me about him. He's got high cheekbones and his cheeks sink in on the side of his face. When he talks his lips pull back from his teeth a lot. Couple this with somewhat sunken eyes annddd... Yeah Moog looks like dead.

Yeah yeah I know, "fat American doesn't know what a healthy person looks like, blah blah." I get it, and you're probably right. But from seeing too many gore videos and pictures linked on these forums thru the years Moog looks like some of the people I've seen near death from starvation or some who just recently passed. I dunno if anyone else sees it but go watch some MCM videos and tell me if Moog's face doesn't look slightly sunken in while he's talking.

Moog is a vegetarian and he doesn't seem to snack on sweet poo poo much which would explain his narrowness and general lack of heft.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Tomarse posted:

Get quotes from the indie merchants as they are often cheaper than tp/jewson/buildbase.

Indie merchants also usually have better quality inventory. I called up all the big places looking for Baltic birch ply sheets and all they had was garbage tier 3 ply poo poo with veneer faces.

Found this one local place that had the real poo poo, 10 ply, no voids and only the odd jigsaw patch. It was soooooo much nicer to work with than the stuff from the bigger places, so straight and true. Heavy as gently caress too.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Phone posted:

Pick a lane, jackass.

I was thinking this.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Watched John Wick with the sound way up. He drove about in an old Mustang and played with it a bit on an airfield. Sounded so good. Also Keanu Reeves playing a part really well? What's going on here?? Greatly enjoyed that film.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yes, but about 5 minutes later you're cheering for the hellish shitfest Wick rains down and it doesnt matter anymore. TBH it's the basest of audience manipulation and normally that's stupid. Not in this case - in John Wick it's simple and it puts you square in Wicks corner in lusting for bullet flying revenge.

There's simple and then there's well executed. Wick is one of the truly rare examples of when both happen.

I enjoy films with simple set ups, if I want ridiculously thick plotlines and confusing bullshit there's plenty to watch. Sometimes I want to sit down and watch something play out in a very satisfying, straightforward manner and this was it. The line he delivers about his wife and dog and what it meant was delivered pretty loving impressively. Reeves did a fine job with this part. Also it looked glorious, the lighting in the scenes and general locations were fantastic.

I have two MINOR niggles with it and that is the CGI blood and the soundtrack being a little odd in places. Outside of that it was glorious. 100 minute run time too so it was perfect.

Any more films like that? I'm already well aware of the two Raid films, Dredd and indeed a whole stack of classic Hong Kong action films but I need more.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Kingsmen. Great simple action and also hilarious. The church brawl has to be seen to be believed

Saw that at the cinema when it came out, there's was gently caress all buzz about it and I didn't know what I was going to be seeing as I didn't even find out what it was about before getting there. Really enjoyed it! I loved the obvious nods to lovely James Bond film sets and architecture, and that church scene was immense. :D

angryhampster posted:

I really liked The Equalizer, with Denzel Washington. It's very comparable to John Wick, with the action being a little less clever.

Backov posted:

No it's really not. By itself it's crap. Compared to John Wick? :getout:

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

NitroSpazzz posted:

Kingsmen is a great one because it doesn't take itself seriously at all http://imgur.com/gallery/wyFbOHm

I was the only person in the entire cinema that laughed out loud at this.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

DrakeriderCa posted:

mehhhhh

I liked John Wick but it was 100% Hollywood formula action with some more realistic gunplay. It seemed like they were planning the action scenes and decided the way to make it better was just to add more of it. I think it's just a personal thing but I've been enjoying more realistic action as opposed to "übermensch grinds through x nameless underlings before epic boss fight".

List what you've been watching please, I need a film list.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

DrakeriderCa posted:

Uh man tbqh I don't watch a lot of movies anymore but a quick list of my favorites with some action:
Heat
Collateral
A Walk Among The Tombstones
Flame And Citron
Hanna
Ronin

I'm no connoisseur so that's the best I can do. My memory is terrible though, so I'll probably think of some more afterwards

As Mooseykins noted, Heat and Ronin are top notch. I keep meaning to see Collateral but have somehow never managed it. I'll add the others to my list. Cheers.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Terrible Robot posted:

Go watch Collateral immediately, one of the only Tom Cruise movies I really like.

I think his best work was in Tropic Thunder :v:

Cruise is one of those actors I don't really like but on occasion think is pretty good, him going apeshit in Tropic Thunder was a particular highlight. I actually enjoyed Live, Die, Repeat/Edge of Tomorrow it was like some dark comedy and pretty cool in concept.

Collateral that good then?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

DrakeriderCa posted:

As others have said, Collateral is excellent. If you like Heat, you'll like Collateral. Both directed by Michael Mann, and with a similar feel. Stripped down but stylish.

Other great movies based on above comments:
Layer Cake
Lock, Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels
True Romance
Zero Dark Thirty (did I say that already?)
Oldboy (Korean version only. For the love of god don't watch the remake)

As an English, I've seen all the wideboy local gangster flicks. Not bad, more comedy than anything else though. Ritchie's schtick gets a bit boring after a while. Oldboy is a classic and I'm fairly sure there's not been a decent US remake of any foreign film so there's no fear of me ever going near one.

Again, cheers.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah the frame game is silly marked up. I paid £270 for some frames years ago and my sister remarked that she liked them. She went and had a look online and found (and bought) the exact same ones (same model code) for £70. I was not happy.

I hate paying over the odds for anything but 20p's worth of plastic? :/

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

MustardFacial posted:

I have had this song stuck in my head since 7:00am. :shepicide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeN8saLI1IE

I get this song stuck in my head fairly often. This morning though it was this, and mostly the intro...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcjpags7JT8

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

How many types of rakes are there in the world? If someone says 'rake' to me I instantly assume a garden rake, which is used to rake leaves.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

PaintVagrant posted:

Is this the AI singularity

I think AI is on its period.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Our combined coolant/oil leaks have synced up? HOORAY!

Seems so.

I'm chill, I've been watching Goodwood Revival live on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4sGzQKKzVc

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Sigma X posted:

I imagined , but there's the type of rakes used to rake garden/dirt (bow rake), with stiff metal tines like so: . There's also a hay rake, which is a farming implement, rake as it refers to a group of train cars, and the the literary archetype of the rake - usually a male character of charm but dubious morals.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, also a bird.

Rakechat.

I've actually learned something today so thank you.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Great Beer posted:

Going to look at a miata today. Hopefully I don't get murdered, it's in kind of a lovely area and the price is suspiciously good. :toot:

RIP Beer.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

RillAkBea posted:

The Japanese car magazine rumor mills are flush with varying "leaked" S2000 concepts. Except each one looks slightly different and all of them look like the S660 and the NSX Concept had a baby. In a bad way.

However they all seem to agree that it'll be a 2+2 coupe, because that's what everyone remembers most fondly about the original S2000. :psyduck: On the one hand it seems pretty ridiculous, on the other hand I half believe Honda would try something like that.

(Also had another RX-9 concept rumor in one of the magazines made of a new Mazda 6 photshopped to be a 2-door, but https://youtu.be/X-LZWMc-OEY?t=21 :allears:)

Just had a quick image search. I quite like this one...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

You lot are a bunch of dweebs. Outtrigger trolling is about an obscure Sega arcade FPS which had a Dreamcast release.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Still watching Goodwood revival, 60s GT cars currently. Watching a lovely E-type spanking a field of AC Cobras.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4sGzQKKzVc

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Mooseykins posted:

I delivered there the other day, and am going back tomorrow to collect.

Unfortunately my contractor pass specifically said "Does not allow access to show."

Bastards.

Pity, it looks like great fun. Might have to go next year.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The Locator posted:

I've never seen so many Cobra's before in my life.

What a glorious racket they make too! That yellow one at several points was three wheeling round the corners too...!

The Locator posted:

So the estimated value of the field is 'over 150 million British pounds'. :stare:

Edit: That's over $231 million US.

Someone in the chat first mentioned the insurance company sponsoring the event said they valued it at £85 million which itself was a sillyyyyyyyyyyyyy amount but then the commentator mentioned £150 million which is just mindblowing. A lot of that was probably the Ferrari 250.

KozmoNaut posted:

Now I'm wondering whether I should report her to the police as well.

Yup, gently caress that shady bint.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

MustardFacial posted:

It's ok to like bikes as well as cars right? Like the two things aren't mutually exclusive right?

Anything that can go fast or you can have fun with = good.

Also I get the keys for my new place today which has a pretty decent sized garage so now I need to start putting cash away for a fun car.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I spend the weekend moving into a sweet new house with a garage and I wake up this morning to Cameron having put his cock in the severed head of a big 'for the lulz' ?

WHAT A TIME WE LIVE IN.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

14 INCH DICK posted:

a nice spur of the moment red box rental of Sin City a Dame to Kill For.

You truly are a glutton for punishment.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

David Cameron hosed a pig. I am having a hard time believing this is an actual headline today.

loving serves the Tory oval office right.

The pig did not deserve Cameron's tiny flaccid cock in its mouth. :(

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

corn in the fridge posted:

you have suspiciously descriptive knowledge of David Camerons penis

corn in the fridge posted:

and of the event in question :tinfoil:

Who do you think leaked the story? :bigtran:

Tomarse posted:

So if even you guys in Australia recognise that Cameron is a oval office, how the gently caress are there enough people here in the UK who voted for him :bang:

Sadly because 'average intelligence' is a thing, a lot of people fall below it. And these people can vote, and drive cars and breed.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

In't Tomarse one of us though?

*edit: yes.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Tomarse posted:

I think he's a poo poo prime minister. Largely because he and all his mates are all cunts.

Yeah - I'm english too, but I live in the North which might as well be a different country for how much Cameron knows about what it is like here or what it is like to be a normal person.

Seeing as he put his cock in the severed head of a pig whilst it was nestled in the crotch of his mate so he could join in a drinking club it seems he's pretty well away from the normos. That's like the sort of thing I'd expect to see in the retard 'o tron video series.

I bet he played soggy biscuit too and deliberately came last so he could chomp down on his mate's jizz the greedy goat.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

meatpimp posted:

Come on, did he ever say he liked it?

He didn't deny he did it...

Watched Interstellar tonight, wasn't aware Nolan wanted to be M Night Shyamalan.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Turns out they dug up a one tonne unexploded Nazi bomb in my area yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rhyno posted:

This would be better if you lived in Nebraska or something.

...aside from the whole having to live in Nebraska thing, yeah.

• Locked thread