Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

"You're the only driver tonight but don't worry, its been slow all day." Three hours and 18 deliveries later... :suicide:

Tips were poo poo too since everything was like an hour late. Kinda wish theyd just pay me like 12-13 bucks an hour and get rid of tips entirely. Would really take the hurt out of nights like tonight where I get nothing because we were short staffed and falling behind. God forbid pizza hut spend any money on their employees though. Cheaper to train a new guy when people ragequit i guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

some texas redneck posted:

There's no excuse to schedule 1 driver for a dinner rush, even in a slow store

We had another guy, but we were over on hours last week (having appropriate staff levels now counts as over) because we were cleaning the store for an upcoming health inspection. So he got cut for the night so the area coaches excel spreadsheet would look better. Thanks buddy!

I feel bad for the gm. They're threatening to fire her because someone keeps stealing 2 liter sodas and she hasn't caught them yet. We have no security cameras and the ac won't pay anyone to install any. She's the hardest working person in the store by a wide margin and it's going to collapse without her.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

kastein posted:

You're talking about ceiling tiles right? My bet is they are designed to be used under sprinklers so you don't see the sprinklers till they go off. But I know very little about commercial building stuff.

Maybe they're so a bunch of water doesn't build up on top of them in case of a leak. Seems like a useful feature if they're in a room with a lot of paper or electronics inside. Then a small drip causes an immediate and noticeable problem before you drop a few gallons on your records or whatever.

Why someone would use them in a lobby is a mystery.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Get a 348 and put a SBC in it. Then take it to Ferrari meets and insist it must be the factory engine because it's so reliable.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Have you talked with your current employer about it? It sounds like they're under paying you quite a bit. Maybe you can work out a raise and stay at your current location.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

MrChips posted:

If any of you fuckers haven't bought Mad Max yet you can get it 40% off on GreenMan Gaming with this code:

MADMAX-SAVE40-MADMAX

E: I watched Weekend Of A Champion tonight; it's not a bad little movie.

I've never used GMG. How does it work, do they mail you a steam code?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

My wallet curses you all. :(

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

kimbo305 posted:

You'd be surprised. A car that can do the Ring in less than 8minutes has this for a shifter:

I know its probably the angle, but I really want to believe the shifter is hitting the ac controls there. It would be the most GM thing.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

14 INCH DICK posted:

Because dog lovers are mentally deficient?

Because it's a depressing bit of dramatic irony that touched on feelings of loss that the majority of the audience will be familiar with you weenie.

Still a serious fuckup on his part, and he's going to have to answer to both his boss and the owner. Unfortunately, the opening manager will also have to answer to them, as I took two triples today (that's a huge no-no).

You aren't supposed to do this? poo poo. I take two or three triples in a row on busy nights. My records seven at once. :v:

Doesnt help that of the four drivers scheduled on any given night one will call out and the other two will be gone by 9 because "that's when I'm scheduled to leave". Thanks for leaving me with 6 deliveries and the entire days worth of dishes you cunts.

Great Beer fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Sep 8, 2015

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Holy mother of air conditioning, how I've missed you. Worth every penny. :toot:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Oh lordy. 3/7 of our drivers and one of our cooks have quit since Tuesday and we haven't had but a single applicant for either position in 2 months. Gonna be a fun few days. :allears:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

It was not fun. Managed 23 deliveries in a little over 5 hours... made good money, but that was a killer for both me and the manager on duty.

My stress level has gone way down since I stopped giving a poo poo about the customer and if they get their food hot/on time. Staffing problems are none of my business. If they want poo poo done, they can hire more people or stop cutting us the second we hit 30 hours. Either way, not my problem. I don't get paid enough to bust my rear end for this company.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Eh, I do as much as I can to get the orders to the customer hot, but I don't stress. There's nothing I can do about staffing issues, so I just take a deep breath and roll with it. I'm good at dealing with upset customers face to face, and I have no problem offering a credit or comping their meal if it makes them happy (though I have a lot of leniency compared to most other drivers).

I care to the extent that our lack of staff prevents me from doing my real job: washing all the dishes and mopping the floors. Delivering, answering phones, working cut table, all of it is just an obstacle to the two things I have to do before I can go home for the night.

Our staffing problem is so bad that I called out sick a few weeks ago and delivery had to be shut down at 8 on a Saturday because there was nobody else who was able to work due either to hours restrictions or simply not giving a poo poo. And for 4.90 an hour I can't really blame them.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Going to look at a miata today. Hopefully I don't get murdered, it's in kind of a lovely area and the price is suspiciously good. :toot:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I was not murdered. Miatas interior was not in good shape, transmission felt odd, and there were a bunch of holes in the trunk lid suspiciously in the pattern of an auto zone wing. Passing on it. Same place also had a wj grand Cherokee that was in good shape except for the bullet hole in the bumper and the o2 sensor throwing a code. Oh well. :/

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Cripes, even a manager couldn't give enough of a poo poo to do deliveries? When poo poo hits the fan, the GM will drive as long as there's another manager inside the store. Every GM I've worked under at the Hut has been willing to do that.

If she did, there would be only one person running both make and cut tables and they'd get overwhelmed fast. The one cook we are able to schedule gets in at 7 when the gm leaves. The shift manager can't do it either since she's the one running cut table. We just don't have the people. We lost a server and our new cook yesterday too.

They're about to get screwed hard tomorrow too. I'm off for the first time in 9 days leaving them with four people, two of whom will be gone by 8pm. I'm turning my phone off and going to a football game. RIP our delivery average.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

Nowhere near as amusing as OU/Tenn.

Just got back from that one. Christ UTs offense was terrible. Our receivers were asleep or something and our running back decided straight up the middle for 1-2 yards was a good idea every single time.

Also a reminder: Oklahoma was down by 14 with 9 minutes left in the fourth and still won.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

When did 10 year old 150k+ mile econoboxes get so expensive? I swear everyone around here is trying to get 5k or more for their 01 corolla/cobalt/neon/whatever.

Rhyno posted:

GASCHAT

I think my favorite thing about the current "low" gas prices is how they gently caress over drivers who need premium now. I keep a gas log of all my fillups, mileage, gallons pumped, gas price etc and a year ago if 87 octane was 3.79, 89/90/91 was $3.89 and 93 was $3.99. Now, 87 is $2.29 and 93 is $2.99 or more.

You're welcome. :smithicide:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Welp, I bought a miata. rip me.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Motherfucking wasp got into my room, bit me just below my eyebrow while I was trying to sleep, and then had the gall to try again when I went to murder him. You started that poo poo but I ended it, bitch. :mad:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

NitroSpazzz posted:

Titan is one of the systems I usually work on, 200 cabinets of XK7 and uses about 9 megawatts when running.

A class I was in did a tour of ORNL a while back and we got to see Titan just after it had been installed. Very cool poo poo. Do they use still use those fuckoff huge flywheels as part of the backup power supply?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Its legit, but its footprint is hilariously huge. It'll never go full grid outside of the plains states.

There's a cluster of them near oak ridge, tn sitting on top of a mountain and Hawaii has a bunch of them on the big island. They're big but the USA has a lot of otherwise useless space.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

"Hey, they sent us the wrong regulator for your window. We'll have the new one thursday evening, so come by Friday morning. Also the PO bodged your old regulator so badly we weren't able to put it back in and theres nothing to hold the window up. We covered your passenger side in sticky plastic in the meantime, hopefully it will hold through three days of rain we're supposed to have."

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

mafoose posted:

Also, your mechanic sucks if they aren't willing to jam your window up with a dowel or pcv pipe. Just do it yourself next time, it's easy.

Its the dealers in house shop. Works being done free so the price is right at least. I asked about shoving a dowel in there and they claimed its a liability issue if the bodge lets go and the window breaks and I didn't push the issue because hey, free. They were nice guys though. I don't think they did it out of incompetence or laziness.

I'll try putting the glass back in and propping it up if it stops raining for five minutes tomorrow. It can't be that hard, right?

• Locked thread