Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Sex tag and no sex?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CornHolio posted:

Not for you, no.

:smith:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Not yet jerks :colbert:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

EST is the only time zone that matters in the US so it's September now.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

They've gotta do something while they're at work :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

She doesn't blink, it's hypnotic.......Totally would.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

The buyback money I got for my Viper is already starting to burn a hole in my pocket. My random thoughts so far:
- Ferrari 348
- Solstice GXP (seem the same price as NCs)
- an already built Factory 5 818

348s are cheap enough that I can get one and have the funds to keep it running. I think 355s are rising in price, and pushing 348s down because of it.
A 348 would tick off 3 things I want on my car ownership checklist: gated shifter, midengine, Italian.

The 818 ticks MR and <2000lbs, and it's only $20k.

I local I know has a 348 spider that he uses for his beach car, almost like a Jeep. I don't think he's ever had the top up because the interior is trashed, full of sand and poo poo. It's clearly neglected, the dude beats on it but it keeps going and it's awesome.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Unless I let people talk me into staying in. I've been in the navy for 7 years, made E6 at 5 years, so I could technically ride out the next thirteen and retire at age 41 and get a paycheck for life. But gently caress me this poo poo is dumb as gently caress and I'm tired of the politics of it.

Oh you want a good eval? Better spend all of your off time and $100+ a month on volunteer poo poo! Plus god loving drat am I tired of running.

Haha. I was slightly tempted by the "16 more years and you can retire and get that sweet pay!"

Glad I said gently caress that, I couldn't imagine still being in the military, I still have nightmares about it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

rndmnmbr posted:

There was a bug of some sort in Street Rod II, where if you bought a car for between $1050 - $1150 right off the bat, turned around and resold, refused the first two offers but accepted the third, it would give you like $30k. Then you could buy all the badass parts for the badass cars without racing a shitload first.

Wish I could do that irl.

Oh wait, I could just import old lovely GTRs!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Bought License to Ill on vinyl for two bucks earlier. Day is made.

And also a backstreet boys 45, cause that poo poo is hilarious. Oh, and Warrant - Sure Feels good to me.

I love cheap, cheesy vinyl.

I met Warrant when I was stationed in Japan, partied with them all night and Jani Lane paid for all the drinks. I was sad when I heard he died, he was a cool guy :smith:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

mafoose posted:

My $300 shitbox 323 is up to $480 including registration. I spent $40 and all day making a side exit exhaust for it to be emissions tested. Turns out since the car was purchased in October, I have to go through emissions again in one month...
I also found out RockAuto has a wholesaler closeout of the full cat back system for $60... So I ordered that as well because I can't find a 2in in/out muffler with with centered ports for under $50, and the car sounds like poo poo unmuffled.

What year 323 is it? :allears:

I'm currently looking for a BF chassis project, could be a long search :(

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

mafoose posted:

I wish it was a boxy BF, sadly it's a BG (it's a 91). Took it on the highway yesterday, it cruises nicely at 75 despite having 88hp.

Sucks that it has some body damage, I'm the 3rd owner and it has 112k on it.
I'm doing some trade work for some 3 piece Volk wheels that I might put on it haha.

I love BGs too and have owned a bunch of them. Check out clubprotege.com, pretty good community with lots of good info and a wealth of parts if you need something that's hard to find.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Don't feel bad, I once ordered the wrong engine for a warranty replacement and management was none to happy with me :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

We eat our mistakes here, monsieur leica.

I'd eat an LSx or maybe a K series, no way in hell I'm eating a Renesis :colbert:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It's already in convenient Dorito form.

Not fond of the burnt oil/destroyed apex seal flavor.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Was going to post the exact same thing, Race car was going too fast, go figure.

It sucks that those people got killed, but honestly it was a risk they were willing to take.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

Downgrading to a manual top with plastic rear window is what it's all about.

So you're getting a NA Miata?

:v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

InitialDave posted:

Yeah, especially with rallying. At a circuit, you generally expect that the runoffs, walls and fences should make it unlikely that a car can hit spectators, but that's a world away from "If it looks a bit sketchy, I'll jump behind that tree real quick like, and try not to drop my scotch egg".

I had to google what a scotch egg was, looks.......interesting.

mafoose posted:

Awesome, thanks for the info! Most of the places I've come across are eerily quiet now. You know what I'd love? Canadian seat belts. Especially since the drivers one gets stuck halfway on the track.

Once you post enough one of the Canadian guys would probably find some at a yard and send them to you, or just keep an eye on ebay, they pop up from time to time. But yeah gently caress those automatic seat belts they are the worst. One of the reasons i want a BF and not a BG :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I saw a 370z up close the other day and I thought it was pretty sweet, much better looking than a 350. I'd drive one.

If you like it and you like the way it drives I don't see what the big deal is.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

I love Genesis owners.

They're either 50+, or the same assholes who drive bro trucks. No in between.

And they're always posting pictures of them wtf

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Move to the states. The accent alone will get you friends like that.

Not if he looks anything like his avatar :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MustardFacial posted:

I didn't want to say this to her but, I don't really see an upside to it. Having a kid shuts a lot of doors for you, it takes all of your spare cash, and there's also the fact that if you gently caress this up you end up raising the kid to be a lovely person.

I can barely take care of myself. How well am I going to be able to take care of a kid?

Taking care of your own child isn't difficult because you'll want to do it.

But if you're worried about it taking up your spare cash and time then yeah, you probably should not have kids.

[edit] and this is fine, you just need to communicate it to your wife.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 8, 2015

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

14 INCH DICK posted:

I hate that people give pit bulls such a bad rap they 'adorable balls of misunderstood love, my pit has never bit anyone because he was raised right except for that one time he mauled the neighbor's daughter to death but that wasn't possible to see coming these things just happen

gently caress pit bull owners they suck, and that's every pit bull owner's response after it mauls a child. They have that reputation for a reason, don't tell me how your pit bull is the nicest pit bull ever gently caress your god drat pit bull.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

:lol: this is literally every pit bull owner I run across.

Also as a former multiple cat owner yes they stink and the fight against hair getting on everything everywhere is a losing battle.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MustardFacial posted:

I'm mostly worried about loving it up. I didn't have the best childhood growing up, and I don't want to give that to my kids. However I don't want to go so far down the other end that they grow up being useless people who don't know how to use a can opener or boil water.

I don't know, maybe I'm spinning this poo poo inside my head too much. Maybe I just need to do it and shut the gently caress up.

Missed this part. You will NOT gently caress it up, you know why? Because as a result of your lovely childhood you know exactly what NOT to do.

It sounds strange, but having a lovely childhood puts you at an advantage to be a good father.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I need to go on a home improvement rant. Who the gently caress thought it was a good idea to install a bathroom vanity into a wall in the corner of the bathroom and then tile around it? Was that standard procedure in the 60's? To save maybe 40 bucks? It's the original vanity and looks like dog poo poo, but it's an odd size so there's nothing that can replace it that will cover up the giant hole in the tiled wall if I take it out. It literally looks like a 5th grade wood shop project, but to replace it I'll have to spend a ton of money on something custom or just tear out all the loving tile and start over. All I want is a vanity that doesn't look like is was built by the Romans and won't cost me a shitload of money, if they would have tiled the loving wall first THEN put in the vanity I could have just got a drat vanity from Home Depot for 300 bucks and be done with it but noooooo I have to look at this lovely piece of poo poo until I can afford to renovate the entire loving bathroom!

[/rant]

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It looks much worse in person. I've looked it over really well inside and out and it appears that it was built on site on to the wall using the studs and then they tiled around it. Yes the tile is pink but it's still in really good shape, and wraps around the entire bathroom. If I could just replace the vanity and then tile over the terazzo floor it would be fine for a decade or more. But if I can't find something reasonably priced I might as well tear the whole thing apart and start from scratch.

My bathroom is the last part of the house that hasn't been touched, everything else has been renovated.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

some texas redneck posted:

:stare:

I know a custom built one will be $$$, but will it be cheaper than re-tiling the bathroom? It'll definitely be easier...

e: any chance of just finding a more modern sink/faucet that will fit? The vanity honestly doesn't look bad at all, the sink makes it look ancient though.

If I start over I'm only going to tile the shower. And trust me the vanity is bad, it only looks passable because it was recently painted.

Thought for sure Ikea would have something but no dice :(

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ether Frenzy posted:

I vote for start over. That pink tile is never going to be okay for another decade. You'll thank me when it's gone.

I think you're right. No point wasting money on polishing a turd I suppose.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MustardFacial posted:

Also, go get your loving eyes checked properly even if your prescription doesn't change. It's insane the amount of seemingly-unrelated health problems the optometrist will give you early warning on just by looking at the back of your eye.

What do you mean, like he can tell if you have some sort of disease or a health condition by looking at your eyes?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

IOwnCalculus posted:

Not all that big (~1400 sq ft), treatment is through a company our regular pest-control (which doesn't do termites, I guess?) recommended. I guess the $6xx one would cover two years, $8xx would cover five.

I'm thinking I might get a second opinion from Terminix or someone else just to have another reference point since I doubt your place is any smaller than mine.

I got some Termidor online and did it myself, you just dig a trench around your house and pour it in. I also injected it under the concrete slab of my porch. poo poo is nasty though so you have to be careful, I had some splash on to my face and it made my face numb for a few hours lol.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

IOwnCalculus posted:

This, unironically. :sigh:

Tempting thought, but the ground here is rock loving hard so that's a hell of a lot of labor. Did you have to drill any concrete / what did you patch it up with after drilling if you did?

If the ground is rock hard then you can just spray around the foundation, as long as it will seep down into the ground really good. Otherwise you'd need a pick axe or something to dig a bit of a trench., in which case you just mix it in a 5 gallon bucket and pour the poo poo in the trench then cover it back up. It lasts quite awhile, ten years IIRC.

For the slab I drilled holes and rigged up an injector setup for the sprayer with some plumbing parts I got at a hardware store. I could send you pics of the setup it's really easy to make. Then all you need is a hammer drill and a bit that's a bit bigger in diameter than the injector, drill the holes and inject the poo poo, then plug up the holes with grey silicone. That way the next time you need to do it all you have to do is pull the silicone out. Or if you're anal just fill the holes with cement.

[edit] or what you could do if the ground if super hard, just drill a bunch of holes right into the loving ground next to the foundation and inject it in, would be a lot easier than digging trenches.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 11, 2015

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Goober Peas posted:

I'll throw a clip on the Youtubes in a bit. I'll have to find the clip where Golden Road was played for a Ferrari 308. Contestant was painfully oblivious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD4OSrY2bIM

edit: Ferrari as promised. Note Barker didn't host the 80s Syndicated version (not that anyone cares).

Good thing he lost because he probably wouldn't have been able to afford the taxes :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If anyone wants a glimpse into the world of English soccer fans just read Among The Thugs by Bill Buford.

Truly the shittiest sports fan base on the entire planet.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Yeah rear end in a top hat I took a 50% paycut what else would I be bitching about?

If STR can write 9 pages about delivering pizzas everyday and you guys can talk about smoking squirrel poo poo everyday, I can talk about whatever I want too. In this Misc. Chat Thread.

Haha. Sure you can post about whatever you want, but don't expect not to get your balls busted, take it in stride man.

MrChips posted:

There's a difference between having a couple of jail cells in a stadium, and the entire seating area being effectively a giant jail cell. Or in the case of Hillsbourough, a giant barbecue pit.

English football fans are like roving gangs creating carnage wherever they go, traveling to rival cities just to get drunk, gently caress with the locals and get into fights then get beat up by the police. The actual games aren't even the half of it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Elect Trump and it will all stop

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just bought a warranty for my shitbox '97 Miata SUCK ON THAT HYUNDAI

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Holy poo poo, Sunday night game delivered.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Anyone know how to get fix-a-leak out of a cooling system? I tried the prestone flush and it didn't do squat, so someone on youtube says to use this

http://www.amazon.com/Irontite-Thoro-Flush-9110-16-16-oz/dp/B00JJ1FB28

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

fjelltorsk posted:

Is hopkins and shock trauma the same thing?

She really wants this, because it is really hard to get mass experiance as a trauma surgeon in Norway due to people being less shooty-stabby and this is the woman who put her career on hold to care for me the first six months of cancer treatment, after having to pause her training for the pregnancy and taking an additional year off due to the twins. The consultant firm can run without me, i am just a partner. I am checking via the firehouse if i can possibly work as a firefighter doing some sort of work exchange... the economics would not be impossible if i cant work, but i would probably go bonkers. we also sorta want to get it over with before the kids starts elemantary school in norway...

This girl has sacrificed so much for me, and our family that if we can make this happen... its happening...

she can probably do the fellowship at other hospitals too, would be cool to end up in an area with some ai goons

Baltimore is pretty loving rough, just watch a few episodes of The Wire to get an idea what it's like. Yeah it's good experience for her because everyone there is trying to kill each other, but it's like that for a reason so you have to weigh the risk factor. No way in hell I'd move my family to Baltimore.

I'd try to persuade her to hold out for somewhere less volatile where she could get just as much experience, because honestly this whole country is shooty-stabby.

• Locked thread