Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

The Monogatari anime series is an adaptation of a popular light novel series that follows the adventures of ex-vampire Koyomi Ararararagi as he builds the most incredible harem ever seen in anime and solves his friends supernatural problems. The upcoming anime Owarimonogatari (coming out in October) will focus on mysterious boy/girl weirdo Ougi.

Light Novels
The next installment of the light novel series (Orokamonogatari) is coming out October 6th. The previous novels have been licensed for english release with the first one (Kizumonogatari) coming out in November.

Teh Anime
The viewing order is
Bakemonogatari (the last 3 episodes aren't available for streaming for some reason. You need to definitely watch them though)
Nisemonogatari
Nekomonogatari (Kuro)
Monogatari Second Season
Hanamonogatari
Tsukimonogatari
Owarimonogatari!!!

Monogatari FTW!!!!!!

Budget Prefuse fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

the greatest anime ever made

Budget Prefuse fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 3, 2015

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUqBM-Y4r9Q

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYkkhehAxWQ

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Thank you Nisioisin for the advent of short-haired Senjougahara.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Looking forward to hopefully finding out what the hell Ougi's deal is.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Seeing the Punch animated is going to be the best thing ever.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Show would be perfect if the author didn't cut all the girls' hair.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm02zZ-84SY

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Admoon posted:

short hair hanekawa is definitely 10x better looks and personality wise

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-dsLrkAQfw

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Arararararararararararagi.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

Arararararararararararagi.

Shiraragi

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I bit your tongue :(

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

:rip:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Between Hanamonogatari and the foreshadowing build-up on Kanbaru I'm ready for her to become the new protagonist and create a yuri harem.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I have never seen any of the Monogatari Series, but the thread title reminded me of Boogie Pop Phantom, which I have seen.

Those head tilts look kind of painful though.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Admoon posted:

:dogge:

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007

:stare: Woah

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

this is one of my favorite anime series and i am really looking forward to Owari. it is probably the best book and i am hype

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

this is one of my favorite anime series and i am really looking forward to Owari. it is probably the best book and i am hype

Imagine a world where the series was handled by somebody that wasn't shinbo, and be glad you aren't in that world.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gonzo's Monogatari

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Imagine a world where the series was handled by somebody that wasn't shinbo, and be glad you aren't in that world.

i dont want to imagine that

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i do want to imagine what it would be like if all the girls in the monogatari series were real, and i went to the same high school as them and if senjougahara was in my first period math class and every day we kind of steal glances towards each other and then on the day of the sadie hawkins dance she walks up to me and asks me if i would go with her

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Nate RFB posted:

Looking forward to hopefully finding out what the hell Ougi's deal is.

She's my wife.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I don't think they do Sadie Hawkins dances, anymore.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

whats sadie hawkins

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Namtab posted:

I bit your tongue :(

:cry: :hf: :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NlIH0rmrOM

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIKd7zFsdkU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm not sure of what's left to go in monogatari though. We already found out what's in nadeko's closet

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Namtab posted:

I'm not sure of what's left to go in monogatari though. We already found out what's in nadeko's closet

a new girl gets introduced in Owari

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

every short hair version is better, gently caress the guy who decided kanbaru should grow her hair long

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The best ops are

1. Phoenix
2. Doll
3. Devil

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I learned something today—here's an excerpt from the Bakemonogatari guidebook:

quote:

Nisio Isin: I have a question that I want to ask as well. In the future, what sort of characters does Hanazawa-san wish to tackle?
Hanazawa: I wish to take on the role of those characters with a very bad personality. As I had not acted for a really evil character before, I wish to challenge that at least once.
Nisio Isin: I understand. Then in the future, the <Bakemonogatari> series will have an evil girl added to it, so please be her voice actress as well. Or, I can write Nadeko as an evil girl - such a plot isn't too bad either.
Hanazawa: Which means to say that she will become 'Dark Nadeko'. *laughs* Please do that.

Otori was published two years after the first season aired.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Nadeko Medusa is kinda sorta a weaker link in S2 but Kana Hanazawa's performance in it is amazing and overall one of the big highlights of the whole season.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

pon alien posted:

She's my wifehusband.
FTFY

Sakurazuka posted:

Gonzo's Monogatari

i do want to imagine what it would be like if all the girls in the monogatari series were real, and i went to the same high school as them and if senjougahara was in my first period math class and every day we kind of steal glances towards each other and then on the day of the sadie hawkins dance she walks up to me and asks me if i would go with her

Pls don't steal my original stories on fanfiction.net :mad:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Davincie posted:

every short hair version is better, gently caress the guy who decided kanbaru should grow her hair long

This, only the exact opposite.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

a new "girl" gets introduced in Owari

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

if you wanna be that way about it then we get 2 new girls. one we have kind of met before the other is completely new