Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

She had a cast and arararagi got the poo poo kicked out of him in a train yard at the end. I watch 3 things yesterday that ended with people lying dead or near dead on train tracks

yea thats a good arc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Anime train yards ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oops I stuttered :P

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

the ending song for Bakemonogatari, Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari, is the best one in the whole series though

Agreed, that ED owns. I can't really remember any of the others at all.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Aurain posted:

Agreed, that ED owns. I can't really remember any of the others at all.
The one from Nise is the best part of that season outside of Kaiki.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

Oops I stuttered :P

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

*Gets ready to finally start binge-watching the first season or two*

*spit-takes remembering that Owari starts tomorrow*

*Curses skywards*

Should I...just avoid this thread for a while till I'm caught up? I really need to do so before I get myself spoiled.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Torquemadras: *watches Hanamonogatari Episode 2*
Kaiki: *has a beard*
Girlfriend: "Hey what are you doing"
Torquemadras: "Go away I don't need you anymore"
Torquemadras: *hugs screen, cries*

I don't even know how he survived. No explanation whatsoever. I kept thinking this must be an impostor (he even has the evil impostor beard! ...well, the impostor beard), or some trick by Ougi AKA "Possibly literal Lucifer", but he kept acting like a very convincing original. Also had some very Kaiki-like thoughts, going by several of the million title cards flying by at supersonic speed which reveal character's thoughts. Oh well. It's nice he's not gone, since his whole deal with the Gaen family was never resolved. I hope they do explain eventually how he survived that, though. I sense Ougi shenanigans.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's Kaiki, you can't kill Kaiki.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Bakemonogatari OP ranks

1- Staple Stable (Senjougahara)
2- Renai Circulation (Nadeko)
3- Ambivalent World (Kanbaru)
4- Sugar Sweet Nightmare (Tsubasa)
5- Kaerimichi (Mayoi)

They're all really good though....

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really like the first 4 seconds of the Hachikuji OP, and then it gets drowned by the screeching jpop synths

lizurcainnon
May 5, 2008

Torquemadras posted:

I don't even know how he survived. No explanation whatsoever. I kept thinking this must be an impostor (he even has the evil impostor beard! ...well, the impostor beard), or some trick by Ougi AKA "Possibly literal Lucifer", but he kept acting like a very convincing original. Also had some very Kaiki-like thoughts, going by several of the million title cards flying by at supersonic speed which reveal character's thoughts. Oh well. It's nice he's not gone, since his whole deal with the Gaen family was never resolved. I hope they do explain eventually how he survived that, though. I sense Ougi shenanigans.

Kaiki's starts the Hitagi End arc warning that you should be wary of whether what he's saying is true or not, but also that you may have already fallen into his trap by that point. I recommend rewatching that whole initial speech again, because it's great.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Torquemadras posted:

Kaiki is the ultimate deceiver.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Renai Circulation and Mousou Express (both, since one relies on the other) are the best OPs.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

In Training posted:

I really like the first 4 seconds of the Hachikuji OP, and then it gets drowned by the screeching jpop synths

ilove it

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the wildest rear end posted:

Renai Circulation and Mousou Express (both, since one relies on the other) are the best OPs.

yah

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

nadeko, hachikuji and senjou have the best ops

platinum disco is good too

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I just noticed that the Nadeko Snake OP shows her drawing a shitton of manga before we find out what her secret is in Nadeko Medusa.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Monogatari, is deep

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiWteiNxiSQ

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
You're supposed to watch Hanamonogatari before Koimonogatari (published order), so well.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

darkgray posted:

You're supposed to watch Hanamonogatari before Koimonogatari (published order), so well.

Hanamonogatari takes place after Koimonogatari, either way. Kaiki didn't even meet Suruga until Hanamono, he makes reference to that fact when considering the reasons he would take up the job in the first episode of Koi.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

The Colonel posted:

Hanamonogatari takes place after Koimonogatari, either way. Kaiki didn't even meet Suruga until Hanamono, he makes reference to that fact when considering the reasons he would take up the job in the first episode of Koi.

Nekomonogatari Kuro takes place before Bakemonogatari, but nobody is suggesting you go and watch that as the introduction to the series. Similarly, Kizumonogatari may have suffered the fate of endless production hell, but it should technically be seen right after Bakemonogatari once it's out, or you lose all the impact for the Nekomonogatari arcs.

Hanamonogatari should be watched right after Kabukimonogatari, so you can appreciate what a goddamn troll Nishio really is.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

You're supposed to watch kizunamonogatari before nekomonogatari (black) before bakemonogatari

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You watch them in the order of release, the same way you do with all media

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

In Training posted:

:agreed:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

smh at people who watch haruhi in chronological order

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

The novel publication order trumps the anime broadcast order, surely. Once they're available, anyway.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

nope

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

im going to watch teh episodes in reverse order, but the audio that plays during them will be from the proper episode, for example tsukimonogatari will have the audio of bakemonogatari episode 1 playing over it, slowed down 10% and then im going to reach enlightenment

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

darkgray posted:

The novel publication order trumps the anime broadcast order, surely. Once they're available, anyway.

If you're reading them, sure. But if you're watching the anime, it's the broadcast order

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

im going to watch teh episodes in reverse order, but the audio that plays during them will be from the proper episode, for example tsukimonogatari will have the audio of bakemonogatari episode 1 playing over it, slowed down 10% and then im going to reach enlightenment

Incidentally, the remarkable series Touka Gettan was broadcast in reverse order, causing much confusion.

In Training posted:

If you're reading them, sure. But if you're watching the anime, it's the broadcast order

For newcomers, this is a really dumb attitude. Kizumonogatari should absolutely be watched after Bakemonogatari, or you'll ruin a whole bunch of poo poo, including the upcoming Owarimonogatari adaptation.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In Training posted:

Any other order is always bad, as a general rule

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The people making the anime decided on their own order for the adapted work, so nothing is ruined by following their plan

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Srice posted:

The people making the anime decided on their own order for the adapted work, so nothing is ruined by following their plan

Kizumonogatari was initially announced for release in 2012, though, so they kind of hosed up their plan.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Plans can change and it's ultimately about what their final plan was, not the tentative plan.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I don't really feel like not being able to watch Kizumonogatari ruined any story arcs for me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

darkgray posted:

Incidentally, the remarkable series Touka Gettan was broadcast in reverse order, causing much confusion.

For newcomers, this is a really dumb attitude. Kizumonogatari should absolutely be watched after Bakemonogatari, or you'll ruin a whole bunch of poo poo, including the upcoming Owarimonogatari adaptation.

I couldn't watch this even if I wanted to, because I just googled and it doesn't even exist yet?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

The Colonel posted:

I don't really feel like not being able to watch Kizumonogatari ruined any story arcs for me.

Actually, I think it's the opposite: watching all the other arcs first have ruined Kizu because all of its twists have been treated as common knowledge since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

I couldn't watch this even if I wanted to, because I just googled and it doesn't even exist yet?

it might exist in 40 hours and 55 minutes and 55 seconds 31 seconds 8 seconds

40 hours 53 minutes 33 seconds 20 seconds