Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
fav thing?
This poll is closed.
stabbing dean ambrose 18 12.50%
throwing poop on nxt 31 21.53%
nazis 47 32.64%
shut up 48 33.33%
Total: 144 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Literally all I said is it'd be better than Sting and I stand by that.

I know what a Triple H championship reign looks like, you don't want that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

You know those 20 minute long "I am the coolest and the best ever" Seth Rollins promos? Imagine those but delivered by Triple H. Every week. For all eternity.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hace posted:

They're both awful, but a universe exists where you can root for Sting

Nope! Not in a world title feud in 2015.

I can't think of an analogy that is not REALLY distasteful so I will simply say it is the peak of the "lesser of two evils" idea.

Peanut President posted:

I know what a Triple H championship reign looks like, you don't want that.

So do I. I have not taken a single week off watching since November 1998. Not only was I THERE for all of them, I never quit. My threshold for pain is that high. I want it more than Sting.

Luigi Thirty posted:

You know those 20 minute long "I am the coolest and the best ever" Seth Rollins promos? Imagine those but delivered by Triple H. Every week. For all eternity.

Imagine Sting doing it.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Alaois posted:

were people in the gdt saying he had a jheri curl because lmao

I counted at least three people that made a soul glo reference.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Hace posted:

They're both awful, but a universe exists where you can root for Sting

i hope sting wins because a lot of the people i watch ppvs with were wcw fans and they'll all flip out and it will be very fun see that with them but it's not happening

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yes if he's a heel, yes, yes, and yes.

I have never given a gently caress about Sting when he's doing anything that involves talking. He is cool in feuds where he can be silent and spooky. That's it. Kane is at least still somewhat believable as a monster, at least to the point that I find him winning less laughable than Sting. HHH doesn't wrestle often enough for me to hate him and when he has wrestled as a part-timer he's been quite good. Cena, much as I loathe him being Godking of WWE, is really really good. Sheamus would be fine, and better than Sting.

:lol: Get the gently caress outta here.

You want to see the same old poo poo that you know is bad rather than let an old, respected wrestler have a few moments in the sun to cap off a career.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I actually am starting to think Sting will win followed directly by a cash-in and Sheamus becoming the new corporate champion. Cena's whole promo seemed to set it up.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Welllll not the first time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ2jmIcKzpo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I have not taken a single week off watching since November 1998.

my loving god

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

dead serious even if i had a worst enemy in the universe i wouldn't wish that poo poo on them. Even on Hitler.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Imagine Sting doing it.

Sting would just talk about how great HHH is.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Niwrad posted:

I actually am starting to think Sting will win followed directly by a cash-in and Sheamus becoming the new corporate champion. Cena's whole promo seemed to set it up.

As a WCW guy who saw everything from Cactus Jack's debut all the way to the night Vince bought WCW, I would be perfectly okay with this except for the part where we get a Sheamus/Rollins feud :ughh:

Every time I see Sting in the ring, though, I get really nervous. He's the last thing left of WCW and Vince has yet to poo poo all over him, and I keep thinking this'll be the time it happens. I mean he got huge pops at WrestleMania but uh against Rollins? Sting's great at ring psychology but Rollins zooms around the ring and I get this feeling it's gonna be a bad pairing.

I just don't want the crowd to turn on the Stinger, I still believe in him :smith:

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Sep 1, 2015

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I just really want to hear what Dave thinks about the Dolph feud.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It is also worth noting I never watched WCW during its existence and while I can say in hindsight they did some good stuff I wish we could stop talking about it because I just do not care. I realize that likely affects my perception of the situation.

Codependent Poster posted:

:lol: Get the gently caress outta here.

You want to see the same old poo poo that you know is bad rather than let an old, respected wrestler have a few moments in the sun to cap off a career.

2015 Sting sucks, I am sorry to be the one to have to tell you this. He's old, unlike Taker he has no presence or mystique because the second he opens his mouth it kills anything about the gimmick, he is probably even less capable of putting on good part-timer matches than Taker at this point, and I sooner buy Taker as a badass, probably his closest analogue in terms of old broken down men who can barely go looking for the last moments to cap off their careers, as a threatening presence than Real Estate Steve.

I'm sorry, but not for one second do I want one of the best young talents in the world to be jobbed out to Sting when he technically survived Cena and Lesnar. Sting is like Taker only without any of the things that still allow Taker to make magic every once in a while.

Chris James 2 posted:

my loving god

Don't you loving dare give me poo poo for looking for hope ever again, pal. I have SEEN THINGS.

I would accept a Sting title reign if it was a dirty win. Clean? gently caress off.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Sep 1, 2015

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I read a good comparison on Twitter for Dolph. With blonde hair he looks like mini-Billy Gunn and he is good. With dark hair he looks like a sunburned Kerry Von Erich and he sucks a lot.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

WHERE IS HE?!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm legitimately sorry to have to be Scott Keith-esque about Sting here by the way. I'm sure some of you guys feel about Sting how I feel about Taker. I can respect that. TBH there are lots of things I'm upset about non-wrestling related and even then, in terms of wrestling talents. personal poo poo and being a dumbass aside, Seth Rollins is probably the #2 guy I think deserves success (who hasn't gotten enough of it yet) behind Dean Ambrose (not counting NXT guys). He is SO loving good, and the idea of him losing a world title to Sting in 2015 to me personally is just...eeeeeurgh.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

In the stupid Ziggler/Rusev feud, I can't tell which is worse. The sexual politics of it all, where women are nothing but fickle sluts who need a man to validate them, and also possessive harpies that won't let men gently caress around, (Even when said woman was a powerful, respected manager figure), or just how aggressively un-entertaining it is. Not boring, or bland, but actively bad.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BrigadierSensible posted:

In the stupid Ziggler/Rusev feud, I can't tell which is worse. The sexual politics of it all, where women are nothing but fickle sluts who need a man to validate them, and also possessive harpies that won't let men gently caress around, (Even when said woman was a powerful, respected manager figure), or just how aggressively un-entertaining it is. Not boring, or bland, but actively bad.

otoh summer rae and lana's rear end

Yeah, I know, that's part and indicative of the problem

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm legitimately sorry to have to be Scott Keith-esque about Sting here by the way. I'm sure some of you guys feel about Sting how I feel about Taker. I can respect that. TBH there are lots of things I'm upset about non-wrestling related and even then, in terms of wrestling talents. personal poo poo and being a dumbass aside, Seth Rollins is probably the #2 guy I think deserves success (who hasn't gotten enough of it yet) behind Dean Ambrose (not counting NXT guys). He is SO loving good, and the idea of him losing a world title to Sting in 2015 to me personally is just...eeeeeurgh.

Counterpoint: my childhood hero deserves the strap basically for existing, instead of HHH or heaven help us Sheamus getting it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

It really is just awful. In terms of misogyny I'm starting to think it rivals anything Attitude Era. Probably worse, because at least the AE was consistent in its horrificness, whereas this aggressively dogshit feud is being juxtaposed with the disingenuous Divas Revolution angle and the legitimately great women's division in NXT which makes this all the more offensively bad.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
You know how Dolph left and that angle somehow got better simply because Rusev and Summer were dragging it to entertainment? And then Dolph came back and the feud went straight into the loving toilet?

There's a common denominator here.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It really is just awful. In terms of misogyny I'm starting to think it rivals anything Attitude Era. Probably worse, because at least the AE was consistent in its horrificness, whereas this aggressively dogshit feud is being juxtaposed with the disingenuous Divas Revolution angle and the legitimately great women's division in NXT which makes this all the more offensively bad.

I agree. I am actually noticing how offensively misogynist the main roster 'Divas' are forced to be when compared with NXT, where they are actual characters with actual stories, (and also put on good matches, which in a wrestling context helps no end).

To rephrase, I am noticing it more now than before, because I don't think there ever was a time when the WWE was good to it's womenfolk.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The Ziggler/Rusev feud was great when it was sad Rusev trying to get the girl he liked back, but he's a dumb evil guy so his plan was Step 1) make her jealous with a new Lana, Step 2) have new Lana beat up old Lana, and I can only assume Step 3 was to have old Lana beat up new Lana so badly that it scared that sissy little man Ziggler away with her incredible Russian might.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Now that I think about how many loving on-screen girlfriends has Dolph had? Maria, Vickie, I'm sure he kissed Kaitlyn that one time, AJ, and now Lana and Hot Summer. And you just know he thinks this is the best thing ever and he looks so cool on tv with all these hot chicks lusting after him.

gently caress DOLPH ZIGGLER

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I just want to know who thought "Pensacola streetwalker" was the best look for Lana so I can fire them into the sun.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This also pisses me off in the sense that Dolph was legitimately a nice dude when I met him who wasn't a patronizing rear end in a top hat just because I'm in a wheelchair so to loathe his on-screen character so much is all the more disappointing. And Dolph is capable of being an awesome babyface! As someone said, look at the ADR feud! This entire feud and character is just gross.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It is also worth noting I never watched WCW during its existence and while I can say in hindsight they did some good stuff I wish we could stop talking about it because I just do not care. I realize that likely affects my perception of the situation.

Nobody cares.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ain't he great

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I agree. I am actually noticing how offensively misogynist the main roster 'Divas' are forced to be when compared with NXT, where they are actual characters with actual stories, (and also put on good matches, which in a wrestling context helps no end).

To rephrase, I am noticing it more now than before, because I don't think there ever was a time when the WWE was good to it's womenfolk.

It's nowhere near as bad as the attitude era

When's the last time we saw a bra and panties or gravy match

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
When sting wins the title he should wear cena's "the champ is here *points to crotch/belt* shirt and pose as a fan outside the ring, when seth does a whiny promo, he should come out from the crowd, kick him in the nuts, and take off his shirt to reveal the real title belt.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Smoking Crow posted:

It's nowhere near as bad as the attitude era

When's the last time we saw a bra and panties or gravy match

Vickie Guerrero's retirement match vs. Stephanie last year.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Teddybear posted:

remember when aj and paige were lesbian frenemies for countless months?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Teddybear posted:

That was last year :psyduck:

Time really does move slower when you're having an awful time

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

you know what would get me back into "the product?" If the Wyatts turned Four Horsemen and started breaking arms in the parking lot. Now that's a feud.

also, debut the female nazi wrestler with a nazi woman gimmick instead of firing her

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

JT Smiley posted:

I counted at least three people that made a soul glo reference.

He should curl it, it's a cool, if demanding, style.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Sting loving owns Fooch I'm sorry you never experienced WCW. Sting can still go for a couple more matches and throughout ALLLLLL the bullshit he's been put through by this business he MORE than deserves a title reign before be retires.

You missed half the fun of the 90s by not watching WCW

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Just make sure Xavier knows to stay away from open flame after applying jheri curls to himself.

E: Also make sure to warn all the other wrestlers not to touch his head region while he has them, because you'll never wash that off no matter how much you try.

Shima Honnou fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Sep 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shine posted:

Nobody cares.

I thought we were cool :(

• Locked thread