Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
fav thing?
This poll is closed.
stabbing dean ambrose 18 12.50%
throwing poop on nxt 31 21.53%
nazis 47 32.64%
shut up 48 33.33%
Total: 144 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
There was a shooting at the performance center

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/31/us/florida-wwe-shooting/index.html?sr=tw083115fixatedwrestler615pStoryLink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This also pisses me off in the sense that Dolph was legitimately a nice dude when I met him who wasn't a patronizing rear end in a top hat just because I'm in a wheelchair so to loathe his on-screen character so much is all the more disappointing. And Dolph is capable of being an awesome babyface! As someone said, look at the ADR feud! This entire feud and character is just gross.

I love how this feud has reached a stage where Ziggler is considered a legitimately bad person for letting it go through and someone who is a scumbag for even being a participant.

Christ this story sucks.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

HerraS posted:

Now that I think about how many loving on-screen girlfriends has Dolph had? Maria, Vickie, I'm sure he kissed Kaitlyn that one time, AJ, and now Lana and Hot Summer. And you just know he thinks this is the best thing ever and he looks so cool on tv with all these hot chicks lusting after him.

gently caress DOLPH ZIGGLER

Remember when Dolph drove like a hundred miles with a concussion to have sex with Sunny.

living the gimmick

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Prozach posted:

I love how this feud has reached a stage where Ziggler is considered a legitimately bad person for letting it go through and someone who is a scumbag for even being a participant.

Christ this story sucks.

It might literally be my most hated feud of all time.

Also I will shut up about Sting now, WOO or whatever.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Remember when the divas would fight over who would be on the cover of Playboy? And how that was probably better than how they're booking a generation of female wrestlers that have a history of awesome ****+ matches with each other that a big chunk of the fanbase has already seen?

gently caress.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Yeah, we determined it's why Rovert hasn't been posting.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Prozach posted:

Christ this story sucks.

Seriously, it's at the point now where Dolph could get poop dumped on him again and I'd probably be just fine with that.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Is Dolph even aware of how bad it is

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Shima Honnou posted:

Yeah, we determined it's why Rovert hasn't been posting.

Charlotte is gunning for the Divas title at the next PPV after beating out Becky and Sasha and he hasn't posted a word. He must not be long for this world even if he wasn't shot today.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Ziggler/Rusev isn't the dumbest feud I've ever seen from a story perspective but it is definitely one of the most heat-destroying. Lana was white-hot toward the end of the Rusev thing and now crowds don't give a poo poo, Ziggler was a perennial upper-midcard star for years and this has finally turned people against him, and Rusev and Summer were flailing until they started just getting weird with it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I like the new day. I'm not so hot on the rest of this show though. Lol at the divas segments. Apologize to jeffersonlives, psp

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I only watched the New Day segment because they own and I'd rather play Diablo 3 than watch what I was pretty sure was going to be a bad show. Looks like I chose wisely!

I don't know what's going on in the eternal Ziggler/Rusev feud, but they better loving do a double turn. Rusev has the best facial expressions and sells so well and is entertaining and funny and I really like him. Reunite him with Lana. Or keep him with Summer as Lana. Whatever. I get that Ziggler is loved but I don't understand why. Turn him heel or remove him from TV or whatever. He's the worst part of the story in which he is one of only 2 combatants.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

AlmightyPants posted:

I get that Ziggler is loved but I don't understand why. Turn him heel or remove him from TV or whatever. He's the worst part of the story in which he is one of only 2 combatants.

Ziggler is a good wrestler who is amazing at making other wrestlers look like a million bucks, and he is capable of being a fun, oddly lovable rear end in a top hat. What he is not good at is being a good guy, a face in peril or someone you're supposed to unironically admire. From a meta perspective, Ziggler has built up fan support because he was repeatedly given poo poo gimmicks like the Spirit Squad and the original "I say my name a lot" deal and busted his rear end to make them work anyway.

It is a testament to how this feud is forcing him to do all the things he loving sucks at and how utterly unlikable his place in the story is that it has in a matter of months eradicated the goodwill it took him years to earn.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
I spent my Monday binging through Narcos on Netflix, and while I'm slightly disappointed by the outcome (It was good, not great), it still sounded like better use of my time than RAW tonight.

E:also, they're not gonna punish Seth for the errors of his Nazi girlfriend, but Cena is winning his title belt cuz God Emperor Midcard Cena is best Cena.

Okuteru fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Sep 1, 2015

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Triple H is winning the belt.

Off of Sting.

And then dropping it to Sheamus.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Was the Dudleyz/New Day match worth seeking out

I assume it's gonna be on the Hulu replay, even if they cut out some of it for no loving reason again

Same question for Ambrose/Strawman I guess?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

abraham linksys posted:

Was the Dudleyz/New Day match worth seeking out

Yes, the match itself was pretty good but it was made 1000x better by Xavier just hollering endlessly throughout the entire thing. I'm almost certain at one point he got so loud that the entire crowd could hear him even without a microphone :allears:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Aside from how terrible the story is, the worst part is that Lana and Rusev were great together. Lana was a great heel manager and they easily could have kept that gimmick going for another year.

Even if they wanted to break them up they should have just kept all the love stuff out and just had Lana take over as manager for someone else (presumably a struggling star). Her new client could have gained success while Rusev struggled without her. Could have even used Summer Rae as her replacement but she keeps screwing up.

I still don't get how you can gently caress up a cool act like that this bad.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Sting: "You're half the man Triple H is, and he has twice the brains that I do!"

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Aside from how terrible the story is, the worst part is that Lana and Rusev were great together. Lana was a great heel manager and they easily could have kept that gimmick going for another year.

Even if they wanted to break them up they should have just kept all the love stuff out and just had Lana take over as manager for someone else (presumably a struggling star). Her new client could have gained success while Rusev struggled without her. Could have even used Summer Rae as her replacement but she keeps screwing up.

I still don't get how you can gently caress up a cool act like that this bad.

This whole story would have worked if it was Zack Ryder

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Delsaber posted:

That's my favourite Homestar Runner character.

characters...?

eeeeemaaaaail

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Homestar Runner posted:

characters...?

eeeeemaaaaail

TOOOOONS!

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Owens pinned Cesaro clean and everyone who complained about dirty finishes and parity booking still got really mad

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
It says a lot about Vince's history of being unable to not only let nothing go, but do so in the most passive aggressive manner possible, that it makes perfect sense that Seth will get punished for something a girl he slept with did several years ago.

That whole statue thing? That's an insult to Hulk Hogan. It's not enough to break off the contract and remove him from their history, they have to parade around how they've erased him. Hell I recently read a column that suggested that Seth Rollins might hold the World Title longer than CM Punk just to spite Punk, even if Punk doesn't give a poo poo. This is the man running everything, and it's clear as he gets older, his restraint gets looser and looser.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The stupid thing with Sting v Rollins is WWE have completely booked themselves into a corner for NO REASON.

If Sting had gone over HHH at Mania then this would be a good way to put Seth over someone who can absorb the loss easily. Instead if Seth wins Sting is 0 and 2 in WWE and looks like garbage. If he wins, it's an old attitude era wrestler beating a younger guy AGAIN. Stupid all around.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

abraham linksys posted:

Thank you MotU for convincing me to go to the concert I had a ticket for instead of staying home and watching this shitshow. Speedy Ortiz was great and Raw was not and now I am playing MGS and everything is rad

I am v glad you went and enjoyed yourself and now I am sad that I no longer have friends around me that like going to concerts b/c they are all weirdos

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

DynamiteKidd posted:

Owens pinned Cesaro clean and everyone who complained about dirty finishes and parity booking still got really mad

It was the best possible result, it was still stupid to book that match.

'We have two guys who seem to be getting over, perhaps they should both lose lots of matches'

-WWE, for all eternity

Maybe Nikki Bella can tell us how wins and losses don't matter in an awesome Nikki promo again.

I'm sure none of this is relevant to why WWE is relying on 50 year old broken down has beens to carry every show lately

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

So is WWE just gonna have that countdown clock ending before NoC and not have Nikki defend it before then, just for shits and giggles?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Just moved and don't have tv at my new house yet. Looks like Raw was terrible so I didn't miss anything.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I lost track of last week's thread. I've managed to catch up with most things, but what's this about an NXT poo fan?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I lost track of last week's thread. I've managed to catch up with most things, but what's this about an NXT poo fan?

A nut job obsessed with AJ Lee and Lita who has been given a trespass ban from the performance center for pooping in a bucket and throwing it onto the walls was shot by a deputy in the center's parking lot.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Dolph Ziggler clean visual pin on Rusev 8/31/2015 Never Forget

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

i'll keep saying it, move all the women back to nxt and pay them main roster salaries in order to be the main draw of nxt along side balor. unless they're all going to keep pulling double duty if they're going to keep nxt as a touring brand taking away the women's division outside of bayley doesn't seem like a good idea

What do you mean?

Bayley vs Dana Brooke
Bayley vs Carmella
Bayley vs Eva Marie

Dana Brooke vs Eva Marie

:suicide:

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
The Bellas themselves said they'd rather go to NXT and do that. Clearly that'll never happen, but it's encouraging/sad that even the talent—and yes, I know the irony of referring to the Bellas as 'talent'—knows the Raw booking & writing is in an absolute state and would rather be elsewhere.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Cornwind Evil posted:

It says a lot about Vince's history of being unable to not only let nothing go, but do so in the most passive aggressive manner possible, that it makes perfect sense that Seth will get punished for something a girl he slept with did several years ago.

That whole statue thing? That's an insult to Hulk Hogan. It's not enough to break off the contract and remove him from their history, they have to parade around how they've erased him. Hell I recently read a column that suggested that Seth Rollins might hold the World Title longer than CM Punk just to spite Punk, even if Punk doesn't give a poo poo. This is the man running everything, and it's clear as he gets older, his restraint gets looser and looser.
Vince is a 70-year-old manchild and I could never imagine working for someone like him

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I am genuinely depressed tonight. Raw did not help. I am genuinely concerned Seth will lose both titles, leading to a Shield reunion I will manage to not be excited for.

I like The New Day, The Dudleys, The WrestleBros, and The Wyatts including Giant Scary Babyman Braun Strowman. I also liked Owens/Cesaro, genuinely, even though there's nothing behind the feud.

Am I crazy or did Ambrose get the most face heat of the night except maybe The Dudleys?

Dean Ambrose and the Dudleys remind them too much of their local hero, Florida Man

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Dolph "Cuck" Ziggler sucks

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Did the new Wyatt, Bruceman talk last night?

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Under the vegetable posted:

Triple H is winning the belt.

Off of Sting.

And then dropping it to Sheamus.

Where does Rock factor into this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
:lol: HHH will always be the coolest