Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
fav thing?
This poll is closed.
stabbing dean ambrose 18 12.50%
throwing poop on nxt 31 21.53%
nazis 47 32.64%
shut up 48 33.33%
Total: 144 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am genuinely depressed tonight. Raw did not help. I am genuinely concerned Seth will lose both titles, leading to a Shield reunion I will manage to not be excited for.

I like The New Day, The Dudleys, The WrestleBros, and The Wyatts including Giant Scary Babyman Braun Strowman. I also liked Owens/Cesaro, genuinely, even though there's nothing behind the feud.

Am I crazy or did Ambrose get the most face heat of the night except maybe The Dudleys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mukaikubo posted:

wrest

ling sucks

edit: I'm sorry that was emotional and unfair.

DOUBLE-YEW

DOUBLE-YEW EEE SUCKS

No they don't we're literally coming off of two really good (one loving GREAT) shows in one weekend. Raw was stinky butts but can we stop acting like WWE never does anything good? The PPVs are almost always quite good.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hace posted:

John Cena got the most heat

seth will only lose the us belt because there is no way the main event will have a finish

also you're a crazy person

No he didn't, there was barely any face pop for him when he came out. I was really taken aback by it actually.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just reiterating Raw was loving awful but I personally don't say the entire company is bad because of one bad Raw but that's just me thanks

And before someone says "All Raws are bad" I think on average they've been pretty solid recently, this one just happened to be the hottest of garbage

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hace posted:

Iiiiii remember a huge reaction but maybe I'm making that up?

I mean there was a reaction but I wouldn't call it a huge face reaction, I can't remember any reaction like it. The most face heat Cena got was playing off Seth's heeling. When Cena came out he said "They're going easy on me tonight" referring to the "JOHN CENA SUUUUUUUUUCKS~" singing which is 100% true but the pro-Cena side seemed to be taking it a bit easy themselves.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

If I was there live I sure wouldn't have had the energy

I can get that too I'm jussayin' it was a very strange reaction to cap off a very strange and bad night.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hace posted:

Yeah this is what I was feeling, people piped down reeeeeeal fast after the sting hit haha why am talking about measuring entrance pops

That could be true but if Cena was #1 Ambrose was comfortably #2 in Face Heat tonight.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dimebags Brain posted:

It only took me until the Spooky Ghost for me to figure out this was where we were headed. Welcome to the rest of us Foochs.

Actually I will only be Not Excited for it because in my darkest timeline one of the men holding a title is Sting, and there wouldn't be enough of a gradual build to it to strengthen the markout. I'd even be okay with Seth dropping both titles if Seth won but got cashed in on by Sheamus. Just please god don't have the titleholders be Cena and Sting, the latter even for 30 seconds. I mean yes Seth will have lost both titles but he'll have done it pulling double duty wrestling Cena first so that parts kind of whatever.

All some of you guys ever do is proclaim how everything is dogshit, ignore anything good in between, then as soon as something genuinely bad happens go I TOLD YOU SO. I called tonight's Raw dogshit and guess what, it actually takes people aback and go "MAN that show was bad", why? Because I don't do it every week.

Also I genuinely think that if we rate on a 1-10 scale and let's say I rated that Raw a 2.5 which sounds about right, if you took out all the Ziggler bullshit it'd probably be a 5. It cannot be overstated how loving awful that angle is, it is literally everything lovely about wrestling storylines. About the only thing keeping it from being legitimately my worst feud of all time is that Ziggler and Rusev can wrestle at least.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

sting isn't winning the world title

In a world where they had him face Rollins and verbally fellate HHH instead of helping Dean and Roman against The Wyatts I refuse to conclusively rule out any stupidity.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

Sting should be the champ because he is cool and good. It's not like they'll use Seth to give the rub to anyone else, so might as well let Sting have his good watch moment.

Get out of here. Sting in 2015 sucks the moment he cuts a promo and Seth Rollins is legitimately really, really good at his job, and I don't know why some people are acting like he sucks. The biggest criticisms you can direct at Seth are his awful taste in women and being a dumbass who acts like a lovesick teenager offscreen.

Chris James 2 posted:

I hope Big Show helps Dean and Reigns

And then Show and Reigns both turn on Dean for being a Bad Friend

Dean isn't a bad friend though, that's been Roman if anything.

then you should already know that triple h is winning the world title here

Still better than Sting.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

if he was heel sure, but

I dunno man I think Cena telling Seth "The Authority are assholes who are just going to use you" means that WWE would not under any circumstances want HHH to be seen as a face in that scenario. Cena is the voice of how WWE wants us to react, and his promo tonight absolutely cut Seth as the victim of his own stupidity and The Authority as manipulative douchebags.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

You're a jaded smark if you don't want Sting to win. Let the guy have a good moment in WWE so they have something to use for when he goes into the Hall of Fame.

Who else would you rather have Seth lose to? HHH? Kane? Cena? Sheamus? Because those are your other options.

Let Sting win, have his feel good moment, then let Sheamus cash in and go from there.

Yes if he's a heel, yes, yes, and yes.

I have never given a gently caress about Sting when he's doing anything that involves talking. He is cool in feuds where he can be silent and spooky. That's it. Kane is at least still somewhat believable as a monster, at least to the point that I find him winning less laughable than Sting. HHH doesn't wrestle often enough for me to hate him and when he has wrestled as a part-timer he's been quite good. Cena, much as I loathe him being Godking of WWE, is really really good. Sheamus would be fine, and better than Sting.

Hace posted:

On the other hand Big Haitch was put over by The Vigilante Sting as a noble hand-shaking badass who is insanely better than Seth, and even himself.

I thought about this but Sting has never been a good promo ever ever ever and possibly didn't have much of a script, and like I said Cena is more a Vince Avatar than Sting would ever be so that's a thing. And it really would be Seth as the victim if The Authority hosed him over somehow, because he put HHH over but simply said "It's my turn now", he didn't call HHH a run down old man like he did to Sting. Not to mention it would prove Cena right: The Authority just uses people..

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Peanut President posted:

Also people in this thread wanting HHH to be champion. :staredog:

Literally all I said is it'd be better than Sting and I stand by that.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hace posted:

They're both awful, but a universe exists where you can root for Sting

Nope! Not in a world title feud in 2015.

I can't think of an analogy that is not REALLY distasteful so I will simply say it is the peak of the "lesser of two evils" idea.

Peanut President posted:

I know what a Triple H championship reign looks like, you don't want that.

So do I. I have not taken a single week off watching since November 1998. Not only was I THERE for all of them, I never quit. My threshold for pain is that high. I want it more than Sting.

Luigi Thirty posted:

You know those 20 minute long "I am the coolest and the best ever" Seth Rollins promos? Imagine those but delivered by Triple H. Every week. For all eternity.

Imagine Sting doing it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It is also worth noting I never watched WCW during its existence and while I can say in hindsight they did some good stuff I wish we could stop talking about it because I just do not care. I realize that likely affects my perception of the situation.

:lol: Get the gently caress outta here.

You want to see the same old poo poo that you know is bad rather than let an old, respected wrestler have a few moments in the sun to cap off a career.

2015 Sting sucks, I am sorry to be the one to have to tell you this. He's old, unlike Taker he has no presence or mystique because the second he opens his mouth it kills anything about the gimmick, he is probably even less capable of putting on good part-timer matches than Taker at this point, and I sooner buy Taker as a badass, probably his closest analogue in terms of old broken down men who can barely go looking for the last moments to cap off their careers, as a threatening presence than Real Estate Steve.

I'm sorry, but not for one second do I want one of the best young talents in the world to be jobbed out to Sting when he technically survived Cena and Lesnar. Sting is like Taker only without any of the things that still allow Taker to make magic every once in a while.

Chris James 2 posted:

my loving god

Don't you loving dare give me poo poo for looking for hope ever again, pal. I have SEEN THINGS.

I would accept a Sting title reign if it was a dirty win. Clean? gently caress off.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Sep 1, 2015

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm legitimately sorry to have to be Scott Keith-esque about Sting here by the way. I'm sure some of you guys feel about Sting how I feel about Taker. I can respect that. TBH there are lots of things I'm upset about non-wrestling related and even then, in terms of wrestling talents. personal poo poo and being a dumbass aside, Seth Rollins is probably the #2 guy I think deserves success (who hasn't gotten enough of it yet) behind Dean Ambrose (not counting NXT guys). He is SO loving good, and the idea of him losing a world title to Sting in 2015 to me personally is just...eeeeeurgh.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BrigadierSensible posted:

In the stupid Ziggler/Rusev feud, I can't tell which is worse. The sexual politics of it all, where women are nothing but fickle sluts who need a man to validate them, and also possessive harpies that won't let men gently caress around, (Even when said woman was a powerful, respected manager figure), or just how aggressively un-entertaining it is. Not boring, or bland, but actively bad.

It really is just awful. In terms of misogyny I'm starting to think it rivals anything Attitude Era. Probably worse, because at least the AE was consistent in its horrificness, whereas this aggressively dogshit feud is being juxtaposed with the disingenuous Divas Revolution angle and the legitimately great women's division in NXT which makes this all the more offensively bad.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This also pisses me off in the sense that Dolph was legitimately a nice dude when I met him who wasn't a patronizing rear end in a top hat just because I'm in a wheelchair so to loathe his on-screen character so much is all the more disappointing. And Dolph is capable of being an awesome babyface! As someone said, look at the ADR feud! This entire feud and character is just gross.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shine posted:

Nobody cares.

I thought we were cool :(

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Prozach posted:

I love how this feud has reached a stage where Ziggler is considered a legitimately bad person for letting it go through and someone who is a scumbag for even being a participant.

Christ this story sucks.

It might literally be my most hated feud of all time.

Also I will shut up about Sting now, WOO or whatever.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Muddy Burphy posted:

Foochs, I appreciate your typically never ending optimism, but you sure used a lot of words to say that the Monday Night War is still real to you.

No, I just don't think Sting is any good now really.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jetfire posted:

I just wanted to mention that I loved how Stephanie was like "Seth, this isn't about the statue" and Seth's like "You're RIGHT! STING GIVE ME BACK MY STATUE"

Yeah I laughed at that too.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Muddy Burphy posted:

Maybe it was just bad writing, but I saw it as an example of how both Rollins and the Authority are just using each other.

Oh I 100% saw it as characterization, I just thought it sounded hilarious.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bradzilla posted:

People keep mentioning Triple H and the title, was it implied that he would be next in line to challenge or are you guys just being goons

They're mostly being goons but not completely. I more took it as planting seeds for a heel HHH/face Rollins feud down the line after Seth drops the titles and The Authority ousts him.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hace posted:

Sting put over HHH as being better than everybody including himself, and Steph said HHH is also the best and even better than Seth!!

They're gonna feud yo

Doesn't mean it'll happen for the title. I've always thought HHH/Rollins would happen and that feud would own. I just think it'll be after Seth drops the titles.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Even if the statute isn't up, wouldn't the time that's passed make it a lot harder to prove, especially since in Vince's case there's no physical crime/evidence? Snuka on the other hand...

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

nobody on the forums is saying any of these things, these things exist only in your lovely brain my friend

I've said I think Seth is losing but that's because WWE booking, not because of who he's dating.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Xenoletum posted:

FWIW they go pretty balls to the wall for the MSG shows, and everyone is expected to be on the top of their game for these. Even though they're not televised it's still one of the most important shows of the year for them.

And this one's on the Network.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Sales of Arrow's shirt raised nearly $229k for Emily's Care (Canada children's hospice) AND they aren't ruling out bringing him back for #OneMoreMatch :3:

Am I the only one legit hype for this?

Also charity money always owns.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I hope it's Rowan, then Rowan turns on the faces, THEN they take time building the Shield Reunion.

This is my dream scenario which means instead the faces will go over, the feud will end, Dean will turn on Roman for no reason and I will hate life.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheHoosier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aGKA_3JXfU

Crossposting from the MGSV thread. PC players can put custom tracks into the game for the helicopter loudspeakers to blare during battle. This is drat near perfect

I was not expecting to laugh that hard, but goddamn.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Shield's theme would legit own for this :colbert:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Someone already got the best one for Big Boss.

That is THE GREATEST.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fibby Boy posted:

House Show trip report:

First house show since ECW was a thing. That is this is the first time since WWECW that WWE has stopped by my time.

Place was absolutely packed. Clearly Reigns and Bray are a draw here. People were singing along to Bray's theme as he came out.

I got to see Brad Maddox! He jobbed out to Jimmy Uso.

R-Truth vs. Bo was incredibly fun. Impromptu dance competition during the match. Truth danced to his theme while Bo danced to "I'm to sexy for my shirt." Bo was the winner in my heart.

Stardust vs. Neville was fun. Crowd popped hard for the red arrow.

Elimination tag between Los Matadores, The Ascension, and the team of Sandow and Axel. Sandow and Axel won just barely. Ascension were put over really strong. Crowd loving loved them.

Big show vs. Ryback was meh.

Harper vs. Ambrose was incredibly fun. Harper kept flexing to get cheap heat from the crowd and would chase after the announcers for reasons.

Best part of the night was listening to the kid behind me give the guys new names. El Torito was Ninja Cow, Stardust was Shiny Butt, and Harper was Fluffy Mustache. I am going to refer to Stardust as Shiny Butt from now on.

Kids own hard. How over was Ambrose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fibby Boy posted:

The end of the Bray/Roman match featured Harper come out to help. Then Strowman showed up (I loving lost my poo poo at that.). It looked like Roman was gonna lose. Then Ambrose's music hit. The screams and cheers could be heard at the apartment complex about a quarter mile away.

So basically people around here loving love Ambrose. Fairly sure he's more loved than Roman.

People everywhere love Ambrose.

• Locked thread