Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
because earlier he took over the yellow astronaut's pod and drove it into him to kill him so why doesn't hal just go "ha ha, no you don't" when dave starts to open the emergency airlock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Hal took the blue pill.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
im the 500 minutes of intermission set to annoying music

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
hal runs java and he was fingerbanging deep blue

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
he switched off the wifi, duh

SKELETON GHOST
Jan 11, 2015

by Ralp
I wish Hal would take over your posting

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
HAL just wants to see what happens next.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

this conversation can no longer serve any purpose

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
i never watched this movie but that hal sounds like a pretty bad rude dude

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I missed most of the Malcolm in the Middle in 2001. Which episode did this happen?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
because the point is the moon landing wasw fake and we're too reliant on technology

Truck Stop Stall
Jul 11, 2006

i agree, hal acted like a human being

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Truck Stop Stall posted:

i agree, hal acted like a human being

hal was touching the crew members pee-pees and wee-wees when they were in stasis and dave caught him so he went all gay-rage.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Egbert Souse posted:

this conversation can no longer serve any purpose

Truck Stop Stall
Jul 11, 2006

Bip Roberts posted:

hal was touching the crew members pee-pees and wee-wees when they were in stasis and dave caught him so he went all gay-rage.

there's no such thing as gay-rage. that's why they're bad ufc fighters. that's why ufc title fights aren't gay.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Can't grave the dave

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
CUCKED IN SPACE!!!!!!!!!!!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Hal didn't think Dave would do anything cause he didn't have his helmet.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Hal didn't think Dave would do anything cause he didn't have his helmet.

Why take that risk? If Hal is smart enough to plow the yellow guy's pod into him, then he's smart enough to know that Dave's gonna take the risk of entering a vacuum to infiltrate via the emergency airlock - and it takes Dave like fifteen loving minutes to set this up, so it's incredibly obvious Dave is gonna do it so Hal should just be "uhhhhh pod starts driving to the nearest white dwarf" and just override any input from Dave.

Hal was WEAK and could have stopped Dave at any moment prior to his ingress.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Shithouse Dave posted:

Can't grave the dave

Can't snowman the bowman

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

cram me sideways posted:

Why take that risk? If Hal is smart enough to plow the yellow guy's pod into him, then he's smart enough to know that Dave's gonna take the risk of entering a vacuum to infiltrate via the emergency airlock - and it takes Dave like fifteen loving minutes to set this up, so it's incredibly obvious Dave is gonna do it so Hal should just be "uhhhhh pod starts driving to the nearest white dwarf" and just override any input from Dave.

Hal was WEAK and could have stopped Dave at any moment prior to his ingress.

Maybe there's a way to turn off Hal's control, like earlier in the movie when Dave and Frank went into one of the pods and made it so Hal couldn't listen in.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

cram me sideways posted:

because earlier he took over the yellow astronaut's pod and drove it into him to kill him so why doesn't hal just go "ha ha, no you don't" when dave starts to open the emergency airlock

because hal's objective wasnt to just murder both the astronauts and be evil

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

SHISHKABOB posted:

because hal's objective wasnt to just murder both the astronauts and be evil

Hal wanted to get back to Earth and sleep with both their wives, too.

At the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Maybe there's a way to turn off Hal's control, like earlier in the movie when Dave and Frank went into one of the pods and made it so Hal couldn't listen in.

This is it. If you freeze-frame at 2:10:58 you can see a switch marked "Evil murder-bot control: On/Off" on the pod's console.

• Locked thread