Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to watch strong men in swimsuits hug each other into submission pro wrestling this afternoon, and don't know if I'll be home in time to join the game.

I'm still interested in the campaign, but I've had plans the past two weekends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

We're playing tonight, right?

Also, goddrat I wish that'd been me with the "You can't spell Best without EST" line.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Sorry guys, I'm caught up looking at houses to buy again. Ill be about 15 minutes late today.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I'll be late, too. Everyone in my house is sick except me, so I'm on putting the wife and kids to bed duty.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I'm still sick in NYC, should be home in maybe 30 but I'm guessing that will be too late. :smith:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

I'll be late, too. Everyone in my house is sick except me, so I'm on putting the wife and kids to bed duty.

Crap dude, you left right before you were relevant. :(

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Gandle Ott - Pirate Notes

Before next session please choose where you want to move forward next time. You have several options:
a) Deactivated ISB Base that seems to have something of a presence in this sector.
b) Go back to Hot Tropic to follow another lead from university in regards to Darkstryder magic weapons
c) Contact Sylco's Bioweapon guy that might know about the Bioweapons that were being fired on Hot Tropic
d) Gandle Ott (see pirate notes above).

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 26, 2015

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

A

Oh dear. I just got Improved Armor Master and superior armor customization. I'm pretty sure Malcolm qualifies as an AFV now.

No, wait, I still need Cortosis.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sylco's Pirate King Station Report.

With the rest of the Away Team rejoining the rest of us, I managed to drink Captain Elise under the table at a bar because we had to kill time before meeting the Pirate King Nyhm. Captain Grimdark (Darson) bailed out to chat with fellow goth fashion enthusiasts. Then Jorwick revealed that he figured Elise and Grimdark were in love and wanted to hook them up to bring the Hidden Daggers together. The Doc went with him to pick out gifts since no one really knew anything about love. Turns out Jorwick was in fact a shady dude who backstabbed the group by knocking out the Doc and dragged him away. About then everyone realized "how the heck did Sylco out drink a pirate" and became INCREDIBLY SUSPICIOUS. Dargus Telsh, ex-Imperial and current New Republic Spy, entered the bar to make contact and let everyone know that we got played by lack of caring about romance. Tracking down Jorwick it turns out he took the doctor back to Stikt's shuttle, so the group hustled back there and with overwhelming numbers had a mexican standoff that ended when I made up a buncha lies about the Doctor being an ex-Imperial Agent famed for torture. Thinking his hostage was worthless Jorwick surrendered and revealed he was working with the Imperials to take over the Hidden Daggers before his little Mist induced nap and had a contact on the Pirate King's station. And it turns out his contact was the guy Stikt got his jetpack.

So we handed the Imperial data collecting murderbot back to them. Whoops. Thinking quickly, I decided that me and Stikt would feign being dissatisfied customers and the jetpack wasn't good. We managed to convince him back to ship, but spooked him enough to call in an imperial team with a panic button. A shoot out erupted in the hanger bay with four imperials, one manning an E-Web. All told it went very well besides me getting dropped by a very lucky slash good shot. After the fight ended the Pirate King's security entered and grabbed the people outside ship to talk to the King. The Doc patched me up and I immediately snuck off the ship and posed as a local scavenger to pick the bodies clean since Stikt was taken to meet the King. The meeting with the King turned out very well since he wanted to deal with the encroaching Imperials and we did with his favorite method, overwhelming firepower. So now him and Malcolm are friends on SpaceBook and he gave us the info he had on Sarne without us handing off the Altereality Rifle. A win all around I'd say!

----

Out of character it was actually eight storm troopers that met a messy end by Thermal Detonator and Disruptor Rifle that Malcolm and Sylco both agree should stay off the books for now. Also, my vote's for the ISB Base.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

ArkInBlack posted:

A shoot out erupted in the hanger bay with four imperials, one manning an E-Web.

tee hee

Also, we picked up the 1 functioning e-web, right?

Also also, I vote for the abandoned ISB base because DUTY

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Oh, also, if we used Com Scramblers, we would all need them, right? Hook one into our shuttle and then each person would need one for their own comlink? Dargus is very concerned about OPSEC.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Mustache Ride posted:

Crap dude, you left right before you were relevant. :(

Goddammit, sorry. I had to go tend to a daughter-based emergency.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I will definitely be there next week! Getting the shakes...

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Fuzz posted:

I will definitely be there next week! Getting the shakes...

Pretty sure Doctor Fish has something for that...

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm in for tomorrow.

Can I add XP from the past two weeks or should leave it as-is when I update my sheet?

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
let's talk to that bioweapon guy so we can learn to use it

edit: i mean destroy it

Hairy Right Hook fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 31, 2015

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'll be there tomorrow.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

I'm in for tomorrow.

Can I add XP from the past two weeks or should leave it as-is when I update my sheet?

You can add xp for the last 2 weeks, sure.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Mustache Ride posted:

You can add xp for the last 2 weeks, sure.

What's our total at this point? I need to update my poo poo!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Fuzz posted:

What's our total at this point? I need to update my poo poo!

We have received a total of 90 xp.

Also, I'm voting we go to the ISB base.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Are we just applying xp for missed sessions? I missed a lot

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

https://www.dropbox.com/s/33wc19k7cta5zon/Kl%27aal.pdf?dl=0

Updated sheet. :ese:

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
:zoid: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByrTYj2nEdXTSVhiVkR6ekdvS2s/view?usp=sharing :zoid:

I updated my sheet too

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Whoa, that's a neat sheet. How'd you make that?

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
OggDude does it when you print compact

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I'm gonna be late again tonight. I'm being interviewed about work and games and game design from 19:00-21:00. I'll hop on Roll20 as soon as I get home.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Jawdins posted:

Are we just applying xp for missed sessions? I missed a lot

Yes, thats fine. Unless you'd rather be that far behind.

edit: vv hey look a locked file

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 2, 2015

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's the current sheet for Kaiya.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9sRi6dwkBJJVXhtRGRlZjA3OVE/view

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

So, originally, I was thinking of grabbing a force pike from the jetpack agent, but I think that would just be too awkward to carry around... so I'm wondering if it's okay if I get a Security Sweeper from the diplomat book.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
So, related to the above, looking things over, would Sylco picking up a Security Droid be okay as his looted item from the spy's shop?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

A security sweeper is fine, yes, but a security droid is not. Nothing that has a personality, please, there are enough of those as it is.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Where's Sylco after action report ArkInBlack?

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sylco's Report on The Case of the FarStars' On-Board Bored Droid Brain

So, today started great. Kaff seemed fresher than normal and the mess hall was just the right level of rowdy. Found a dose of Avabush in an engineer's pocket...

What? Why would I tell you or Brealus about it? What'd I do? I confronted him about it like they do in the Holo-Dramas. A lot of dramatic pauses and letting him try and clean it up himself, which won't happen until something tragic happens to a close friend because he was doped up... Yes this is relevant Captain, I'm recording today's mission report and it happened this morning.

Okay, I guess I'm starting from when all the bridge station panels light up like a Life Day celebration. That happened and pretty much everyone was some level of freaking out. Even me, since I went straight for one of the emergency air masks. At first I thought Stikt did too, but turns out he was ankle deep in the wall to do quick diagnostics on the computer system. About the time I got the mask on and the Captain had hit the intercom button he revealed that it was just the computer system sending false positives and all of the ship's systems weren't some level of exploding, non-functional, or non-existent. Finally we decided that since we had the time we should march down to the droid brain Sarne had rigged up to the ship and give it a good talking to with a side of memory wipe and or extermination via the Full Malcolm. Once down in engineering we ran right into a problem. Nobody had figured out the administrator account's password. Stikt got to work on that and in about two hands of pazaak he was in and talking with the droid brain... Probably could use a name at this point... NearStar? Just Near? I'll workshop it around see what comes up. Where was I? Right so Stikt was in and found out Near was bored out of it's mind and all this stuff was just it going stir crazy. So where as I get scolded for rifling through pockets when I'm bored, the Captain asked it what we could do to make it not bored. It said something about ships I think and then Sinc's face lit up like the panels did earlier and he ran off, only to show back up with a big chair computer combo between him and a couple of his jock buddies. Apparently it was a ship simulator they used to show off without wasting the Republic's credits.

No I didn't mean train, you bring up who's got the best score everyday at lunch.

Anyway, everyone jumped into the assembled chairs to have a go with the droid brain because we're all sick of its antics. And Sinc wanted to show off. He said a lot of words that boiled down to "You three follow me to the SimStar and distract it, you four fly in and shoot torpedoes at it after we distract it" and we did that and the SimStar blew up. Then another SimStar popped in at the power of cheating and blew my ship up, before everyone turned around and blew it up. Yes, I am bitter about that.

Anyway, with the droid brain entertained by getting in on the fighter jocks' racket we finally got to what was supposed to be the ISB base that probe-turned-assassin droid was broadcasting to. What greeted us instead was a large blank expanse of space, until some scanning found us a messed up derelict ship. We're moving to board it now so I guess I'll pause this recording... where's that button? Uh...

Additional recording attached, dated thirty Galactic Standard Minutes after previous recording:

...right, gotta record this, talk about the karking Imperial Cyborg with the karking firebomb, thinks he's so karking clever with that vent trick... Gyuh, I still smell like smoke and burnt hair and I've used the sonic five times already! It's worse than Stikt's personal 'cologne'! Okay we went on that ship and it turns out it was a buncha Imperial spy guys whose leader managed to get the drop on us after me and Malcolm used the standard New Republic Tower of Power to smear his lackies. The karking jerk had a disruptor pistol and at least one firebomb and used them to great effect before Malcolm managed to put him down with his disssss-ahem. A taste of his heavily modified aftermarket blaster rifle... Gyurk, ugh! This is more then enough about the fake derelict right now. I gotta wash this smell outta my fur!

The recording continues for another ten minutes with brief periods of quieting humming in the background before automatically ending due to inactivity.

-----

Helpful reminder, squibs smell through their fur.

Also picked up Toughened and a second rank in Skulduggery with the XP from this session and Hidden Storage with last sessions' XP. So yes every conceivable person and thing has a hidden pocket Sylco can stash things in. Gonna pick up Mod VI Cyberarms since the planned chauffeur was shot down if those are cool. Not installed, just stashed away for a rainy day. Also for reference, Sylco has one thermal det on his person, one stashed in his Swoop, the Last Card, and one stashed nebulously somewhere on the FarStar. The Last Card is stashed in the hidden compartment on Stikt's shuttle.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Hooray for boring levels where you only buy skills. I guess I could use more than 0 perception.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks for another summary!

I'm definitely buying Improved Field Commander, but feel like I should I should pick-up another specialization next.

I don't have any interest in the Tactician's Bodyguard or wilderness talents. Any suggestions for Kaiya's personal and professional development?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

If you'd rather do something less commandery and more "lets kick the poo poo out of these grunts" theres always either Soldier or Commando.

Sharpshooter would also be cool since you're one of the few that has a rifle (I think).

Other than that, look up one of the specs from the Desperate Allies book. Sabatuer or Anarchist or something. That'd be fun from a talky perspective.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I might be taking Sharpshooter next too, for some more ranged power. It's a tossup between that and Commando to get even tankier.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

You could always take an EotE spec... Outlaw Tech and start pimping out your weapons and armor with fancy extra mods, or Bodyguard to add some more streetwise and coercion and fun talents. Gadgeteer for similar to Outlaw Tech style but with more combat talents. Gunner so that when we finally do get into a fight in space, someone will be able to man the guns and tear poo poo up.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 3, 2015

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking I'm going to do. Go into Bounty Hunter - Assassin to get some of those talents and continue my Stealth/Skulduggery development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Gadgeteer is basically the "I want to fight and be dead loving hard" spec. It's a little bit better at combat than anything else in the book, because all the others split half their attention to doing leadership or something. Gadgeteer is just gear and fighting. It's a lot like how Sharpshooter is just really really good at shooting people in the head (there are 2 talents that are not about shooting people.)

• Locked thread