Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

wiegieman posted:

Gadgeteer is basically the "I want to fight and be dead loving hard" spec. It's a little bit better at combat than anything else in the book, because all the others split half their attention to doing leadership or something. Gadgeteer is just gear and fighting. It's a lot like how Sharpshooter is just really really good at shooting people in the head (there are 2 talents that are not about shooting people.)

It's still second to Marauder, which literally is "let me hit it with my sword" and is literally just health, health, more damage, health, ignore critical wounds, more damage, area damage, health, dedication point. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's an updated sheet -- now with Improved Field Commander.

[https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9sRi6dwkBJJbmdEQ3V0akV1aDA/view?usp=sharing

Gunner actually looks pretty nice. Can I apply Jury Rig to the FarStar's weapons? :v:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Of course! It needs it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

What's our current total? 120?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Fuzz posted:

What's our current total? 120?

Yes.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So, Sinc won't be able to join the party on Sunday, as I've got a comedy show I'm going to.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Actually I think I might cancel this week, and switch to every other week if everybody doesn't mind.

Is that a problem for anyone?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Mustache Ride posted:

Actually I think I might cancel this week, and switch to every other week if everybody doesn't mind.

Works fine for me.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Mustache Ride posted:

s'fine with me.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Real life takes precedence, so do what you need to.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I can do tomorrow but can't do next week, but I'm fine with whatever.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't worry if you need to cancel.

I'm cool with playing every other week.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I know I said every other week but it looks like things will have to be put on hold this week and next while I buy a house and move in this month.

Think we can put this on hold for November and start again the first weekend in December?

Sorry about this guys. :(

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Mustache Ride posted:

I know I said every other week but it looks like things will have to be put on hold this week and next while I buy a house and move in this month.

Think we can put this on hold for November and start again the first weekend in December?

Fine by me, good luck on the house purchasing! Having just bought an apartment in Manhattan, I feel your pain.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

It's cool man, the stuff you're doing is a way bigger deal than pretend space soldiers.

e: Just let me disintegrate more mooks when we get back to it, that's all I ask.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 15, 2015

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
Thenn will be ready whenever you're ready. Take care of business.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Mustache Ride posted:

No problem man, good luck on the home buying

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's fine. Good luck with the move and packing.

Also, don't try to repaint every room in the house in one week with only two people doing most of the work.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Nah, I won't do that. The previous owners painted it white (ugh) to sell it, and I'll repaint it as I start remodeling it room by room. Plus I know the value of a handful of Mexicans at the Home Depot as far as help with home repair.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

You're still busy this week Mustache?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Uhhhh

Yeah a little.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Nice cabinets.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I quite like the tile.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Finster Dexter posted:

I quite like the tile.

Tile is great until you have to clean it, then it's the grout catching on every cloth you own.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is that a sleeping bag next to a trombone?

Must have been one hell of a party.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Alright, who's up for some star wars this sunday? I finally have my computer put together and internet up and running, and am ready to do some gaming this weekend.

I know its Thanksgiving here, so if y'all are busy we can start next week, just thought I'd ask.

Also, totally not unpacked yet, it just shows how much of a nerd I am that my internet and computer are up and running before anything else.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Mustache Ride posted:

Alright, who's up for some star wars this sunday? I finally have my computer put together and internet up and running, and am ready to do some gaming this weekend.

I know its Thanksgiving here, so if y'all are busy we can start next week, just thought I'd ask.

Also, totally not unpacked yet, it just shows how much of a nerd I am that my internet and computer are up and running before anything else.

My computer is always the last thing to be packed and the first thing to be set up when I move. It also rides with me in the car and doesn't go on the moving truck.

I don't think I will be available this Sun. but I might be... not sure yet.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Sure, I'm good. I'll have 3 whole days to digest, which may be just enough.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
I'm down for Sunday

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Me too.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
And my funnier-in-my-head ideas!

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm working this weekend, and won't be available tomorrow.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I will be available tomorrow, and honestly, so long as we've got me, who else do we *really* need?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The Lord of Hats posted:

I will be available tomorrow, and honestly, so long as we've got me, who else do we *really* need?

Hehe, boooooo.

I might be a little late but will try to make it.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Actually, looks I was a little anxious and jumped the gun. Gonna need to skip tomorrow and we'll start the week after.

Stupid house isn't livable yet.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are we on for tomorrow?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yes. I actually have all my ducks in a row now (finally).

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I probably won't be able to make it tomorrow, but hopefully next week.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Installation of Bio-Ship “Space Dust” collection system on CR90 “FarStar”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sylco's Report of Operation Red Hot Nickel Box; It's Really Heating Up!

Attached files are audio from the days in hyperspace the time of the event.

So you're planning to jury rig a massive heatsink, so instead of the ENTIRE ship getting unbearably hot, it'll all be in this one room.

You realize the ship is very big and also very hot, right?

And the captain knows about this?

Well good luck with burning a hole straight through the ship, I'll be in your shuttle working on my bike.

Timestamp places this log after transition to normal space.

Well, fine, I'll give you that it hasn't burn a hole straight through the ship yet, but you know no one can go near that room without some seriously heavy duty equipment.

Fine, fine! Here's the credits. I only made that bet to motivate you anyway.

No, but I feel good about that lie if you had to ask.

Third file timestamp synchronized from local planet Gandle Ott time, 5 hours after FarStar docked

She wants a report on the stuff that happened during the compressor failure? Sure, Gandle Ott makes sense, some stuff happened. Compressor failure report, Stitk jury-rigged together a room sized heatsink and everyone wore a little as they were comfortable with. A couple crew members had to be asked to wear something, anything, we know it's too hot but please remain decent. I think I have a few other recordings I'll just stick them in. With that out of the way, Gandle Ott. I was mostly skimming those files we got from Nyhm while everyone else handled the talking as we got hailed. Turns out they're still pretty pro-Empire, but as the intel said Sarne grabbed all the officers worth grabbing and bailed. So we managed to circumvent a few things by mentioning our minor slash major emergency of our ship possibly going to explode, so we got a drydock access before anyone looked over our ship credentials. When it was noticed that the FarStar's New Republic we got shuffled to the highest ranking Imp on the station. Ensign Lang. Or Dave? Man I didn't catch it, but he was hilariously over his head and had to call down to confirm that yeah, he was the ranking Imperial officer and had to deal with us, which according to Sarne the New Republic are, direct quote, Rebel terrorist organization. Fun times. So, while he was desperately trying to find someone actually qualified to handle this situation we got a contract with some locals to do some much needed repairs on the FarStar and I visited a lovely local caf shop with some friends of friends. Always nice to run into people you know out in the galaxy. About the time I was coming back from that we had a meeting with the Vice-Planetary Governor, who explained that we were welcome to stay and get our ship repaired and were welcome to come down to the planet and spend our money at probably jacked up prices. Sounded like she was being forced to say all this, and there was a second person in the meeting who wasn't introduced but wore a uniform. Not an Imperial one but a uniform. So, colluding with Stikt we came up with a clever plan, wherein he made a distraction and I used the confusion to investigate. With some improvisation from all present I found out that the uniformed gentleman was one General Lang. Which the Ensign had told us to say told us we could stay. Somewhere along the way someone mentioned to me that the Ensign actually said to blame Lang and not that he was Lang, but in my defense it sounded pretty close to Lang. So now we have open passes to the planet and for some reason everyone and their mother wants us to make some kind of appearance somewhere on planet. That'll wrap this report.

• Locked thread