Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Son of a bitch you actually did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Nothing this weekend, next game on the 20th.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks for the early notice on the cancelation yesterday.

Looking forward to the next session.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Was that sarcastic? I can't tell. I'm sorry I didn't give you guys more notice :(

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No, sorry. No sarcasm intended.

It was enough time for me to make other plans.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I will be there on Sunday, should have my computer and Internet setup in my new place by then.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Mustache Ride posted:

Was that sarcastic? I can't tell. I'm sorry I didn't give you guys more notice :(

You're totally fine.

I'll be there this Sun.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Still on Mustache?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yep. SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY. GET READY FOR THE BIG GAME

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I might be a little late, having dinner with the folks.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll have to join later tonight, but will hopefully be able to make it.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Cool, so next game is January 10th. I'll update the thread as we get closer, but until then:

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Slyco's Report on Operation Politico Imperio; "High Art? More like Wet Fart."

Ugh this morning was the worst, I had a killer headache and didn't really want to do anything, but it was like one of my two Away days and I didn't want to spend it in bed. So, with time to kill and someone actually signing off on our away time, a bunch of us decided to solve the mystery of the Mushroom Cutting and decided taking a tour would be the best cover. About half way through the museum we realized what the true toll of our clever plan was as we faced down the greatest challenge our group, no, the FarStar had ever faced!

It was cheese with hair on it. That was their art installation. Cheese, with some hair on it and near it. Wait I can...

Attached File timed to open at this point in the recording:

BEHOLD, THE ART OF GANDLE OTT. After that trainwreck the tour took us by an old Jedi Chapter House, which is just where the local jedi hung out and did their religious stuff. Stikt found an unopened hidden panel and even though I failed to open it, it was because I was trying to be subtle in front of the Imperial Major acting as our tour guide and babysitter. Resolving to come back to it later we finally went to the Mushroom Cutting Site to watch General.... Llllllang? Ladyface? Declare that "Moff Sarne" decided Gandle Ott should choose its own way and that they were starting elections to choose the next Planetary Governor, and that she'd be running to take the spot to just, toe the Imperial line regardless. Most of her supporters are old money, and the other general who's also running for the spot is of the mind of keeping to their older traditions, and is also backed by old money. Sinc offered to have the Republic act as an impartial mediator for the election and was politely told no, which let's be fair the Republic doesn't really have no horse in this race.

We also met a local reporter, I think the uh, Dana Cadwell mentioned in Nyhm's intel? I wasn't paying too much attention as I was investigating the mushrooms. She wanted to get off planet because it had absolutely nothing going on and she's been denied exit for a while, which I can sympathize with.

From there we decided to attend a dinner with General Lang but had to go shopping first. I got myself a nice outfit for the party, and a tuxedo for when we do the opera later. The dinner went fine, they tried to bug our table, I lied through my teeth at some smug rich jerk. Standard rich people party stuff, I assume.

After the party we tried to make our way back to the Jedi house but were stopped by an Imperial patrol enforcing curfew. With some excellent distraction work from Stikt I managed to give the patrol the slip before slipping into my disguise as a local teen. With no-one looking over my shoulder I easily cracked the hidden compartment open and found a lightsaber and some kind of symbol of faith, which is neat. Better in the Republic's hands than in Gandle Ott's, right?

After that we split up, Stikt went to acquire some information from the local net and the rest of the away crew went to the "bank" mentioned by the General, which are actually like, a board of publicly elected individuals who vote on matters regarding Gandle Ott as they think the public desires? Naturally its ability to do things under Imperial rule were next to nothing, but with Sarne gone they're pushing the Election to see what the public wants. If the public wants Imperial rule, they're gonna go with it, even if I can tell they want to be more democratic. Might be the most friendly to the New Republic coming in of the power players so far. Anyway, Stikt's gonna be messing around with the lightsaber soon so I need to get down to his shop to appreciate the work from a very healthy distance.
----
So, right now Sylco has 25 floating XP and is going to buy some kind of Force specialization, the question is if it's gonna be Force Sensitive Exile now or Ataru Striker after next session.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Ugh, this planet is boring. I only got to punch one guy! Let's go back to the pirates.

If Sylco's not actually going to use the lightsaber, you can pick any spec you want. They all do different things, Striker is just the one that lets you use agility for the lightsaber skill.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
So, is this happening this week or is it next week?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'm around tonight.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Fuzz posted:

I'm around tonight.

Yeah, but the GM wasn't.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Oh poo poo, I'm sorry guys, this completely slipped my mind. I've been so overworked over the holidays and the past few weeks...

Next Sunday for sure at 7.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Heh, I totally forgot, too. Just saw the thread now and was like "oh poo poo".

Guess I wasn't the only one.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I saw that the thrad hadn't bumped by yesterday afternoon and figured we weren't playing.

We can ruin more treaty negotiations next week.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I believe you mean we can bring the shining light of democracy to another huddled mass, oppressed by Imperial dogma and avaricious bureaucrats and bourgeoisie.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Mustache, we on this week?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yes, tomorrow night at 7 CST

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Because you beat Cuthbert and fixed the stock market, everyone gets 1 ridiculous thing for their character. Regardless of Price.

Post it Hear.

No ships.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Getting a personal shield generator.

4 defense.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sylco's purchased Dedication and a second rank of Side Step with XP. He's getting the Autopilot Droid Brain that karmic mentioned existing in Fly Casual to outfit his swoop with.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

If I still qualify, K'laal wil get some sort of cybernetic robo-suit, I'll take a look at the books.

Then he can be a near-invisible cyborg wolfman! :unsmigghh:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Meet 0-RB, the newest member of our team! 0-RB, an updated model of the old G0-T0 unit, was originally sent to Gandle Ott not long before Moff Sarne's fiefdom took a turn for the worse, and was intended to be the replacement Droid Administrator for the obsolete CUTH-BRT unit that had previously been installed. However, when Moff Sarne showed up to loot the planet, he ordered the switch be cancelled, as 0-RB would have been installed too late to be an obstacle for his pursuers, and as a result 0-RB was simply put into storage. Being the member of the crew who collaborated with Cuthbert to actually execute the stock market manipulation, Stikt learned of 0-RB's existence and casually liberated him from the dusty closet he had been stuffed in.

While 0-RB's ability to physically interact with the world is distinctly limited, it is a mental titan, its databases containing a truly staggering amount of knowledge in a wide variety of areas, as is necessary for effective planetary administration, and the processing power to match. Much of 0-RB's focus at any given time is spent day-trading on the Coruscant Financial Exchange, quietly managing Stikt's share of the fortune, building the funds for the eventual purchase of the first trawler in Stikt's future salvage fleet. Otherwise, it assists Stikt with his duties, doing day-to-day translation, serving as a reference database in a wide variety of areas, and providing network support for his computer-related activities.

G0-T0 units were highly prone to developing individual personalities, and that particular kink still hasn't been worked out as of the 0-RB line. Though usually quiet, and always polite, 0-RB is maybe a touch condescending to most of the crew of the FarStar--it's quite thankful to Stikt for rescuing it, giving it an interesting task, and treating it more as a business partner and companion than a possession, and it is also appreciative of his goals and overall mindset. Otherwise, the only other crew member it really respects is, strangely enough, Sylco, who 0-RB says is "in possession of a keen acumen for negotiation, and truly understands the value of effective communication." Stikt is pretty sure this is because Sylco has bribed 0-RB with something, but he's not entirely sure what and isn't about to pry.

((In terms of mechanics I mostly want 0-RB to be a boost on knowledge-y skills and Computers, if you want me to go through the process of statting him up I can))

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Operation Opera House, AKA "The General was fine with us stealing this ludicrously expensive wine from his political opponent, let's put him into power."

Man I was up bright and early for this. I loved going to opera's when dad had saved up enough credits for 'em. Field seating only but I was excited to see what was in store for us. Stikt only needed the barest prompting to put that expensive robe again, which I managed to run through a fresher before hand without him noticing, and Malcolm... Had his armor spray painted still. He put in an effort and I'm not about to argue with the man with a disruptor rifle, that's for sure. Kaiya surprised me by having a tuxedo ready and didn't even need to be reminded that an opera was a formal event and should be treated as such! Apparently she was a planetary governor before the Imperials took over and she joined the Rebellion, which, dang.

I'm not sure why I had my hopes up with the opera after the thrilling display of art, though. Probably should have seen it coming but the piece being performed was... Locally done, detailing the history of the planet putting down a droid uprising. Focused way too much on the premise of combat, the main characters were as flat as a steel deck plate, and only one person out of the entire cast had a singing voice that wasn't vaguely unpleasant to listen to. Which, kind of a big deal when you're in an opera!

Also, I guess some droids tried to assassinate us which, typical really. We kind of expected it hard so Stikt got some good footage of us dismantling that before me and Sinc went to argue semantics at a manager so we could get away from the god awful presentation on the stage. Eventually we tracked the droids to a large government building and upon further prying realized that the entire thing was droid run! And that Sarne had slammed a restraining bolt onto a droid built to manage the planet, forcing the droid to kill any pursuing Republic forces with all he had available. It was a bunch of protocol droids with blaster rifles, mostly. After some precision hacking from Thenn and Stikt we managed to shoot up the restraining bolt and I talked circles at the droid to try and get him to short circuit and explode. That didn't happen and instead he decided he didn't need to listen to Sarne and could go back to ensuring the planet doesn't implode from debt, which was fine by us. He even managed to find some funds he could allocate us to repair the FarStar so we could bring Sarne to justice. All told, a fine night out if I do say so myself.

-----
Attached video file pulled from outgoing transmission to HoloNet. Playing.

A shot of Sylco holding his half-mask in one hand, sitting in one of the seats in the box overlooking the stage. "Back at it again at the opera house."

A sudden cut to a shot of the box entrance, the curtain pushed open by two blaster rifle holding droids, whose heads turn to look at each other before a blaster shot and a disruptor shot come into view, the disruptor shot hitting one droid squarely in the chest and the blaster striking the other's neck. Suddenly from the direction the blaster shot came from Sylco flies on screen, kicking the back of the droid's head which goes flying off and into the camera, which goes tumbling over with a shout of UTINNI! from the holder before the video ends.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The ship is being completely overhauled, so can we change its stats to the CR-92A Assassin from Suns of Fortune?

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
I'd settle for not breaking down every time we make a hyperspace jump frankly.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are we playing this weekend or still doing every other week?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I'm going to PAX next weekend, so we're playing this Sunday Night, if everyone is available.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I might be a little late, but should make it this week.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Mustache Ride posted:

I'm going to PAX next weekend, so we're playing this Sunday Night, if everyone is available.

Sure.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

poo poo I'm sorry for the late notice guys, but I got busy up at the farm and I'm not going to be able to DM tonight.

I really apologize, I didn't mean for this to happen.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

It's cool, I have a birthday thing that came out of nowhere tonight anyway.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

haha crap, I finally had a week where weird stuff didn't come up for me at the last minute... it's cool though, man. Catch ya next time

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

No worries, so... then 2 weeks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are we playing this Sunday?

I realized the Superbowl starts at 6:30.

• Locked thread