Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I have an idea for the Transport Chief, but would be initially unavailable next Sunday is that alright ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Transport Chief Stikt Ttaktnakt

Stikt could easily have lead a quiet life. After all, his homeworld was a quite literal toxic dump under the cursory control of the Empire, of no strategic value whatsoever. He could have easily lived out his days picking through the mountains of scrap and refuse, plucking the metaphorical diamonds from the rough and selling them to passing traders before whatever it was fell apart again. He could have endlessly repaired the great modified sand trawler that the Ttaktnakt tribe called home. Perhaps he would one day have risen to a position of prominence in his clan, charting out its course across the wastes. But Stikt could not help but dream larger than that. He had heard the stories of how his ancestors had left barren Tatooine behind for this land of plenty (and plentiful it was!). But he had also heard the traders they dealt with speak among themselves of a great war in the stars, of battles in space between ships of unimaginable size and power, of the efforts of the Rebellion to oust the Empire. Stikt heard all this and knew that while his ancestors had improved their lot in life, they had stopped short of the mark.

He joined up with one of these traders, a Twi'lek by the name of Yerno'Soom who was more than happy to pay his clan handsomely (and put up with the smell) for the guarantee that the droids he had purchased would not cease to function before he could resell them. He got far more than he bargained for with Stikt, whose mechanical knack and nose for value where other ignored it soon had him raking in profits far beyond what he had ever imagined. Though none of this wealth found its way into Stikt's wages, he felt amply compensated by the experiences provided to him--that and the shuttle whose cockpit his modifications had rendered nigh-unusable by anyone of normal stature before he commandeered it and flew off. It was, by his reckoning, a fair trade. By the time Yerno'Soom had the chance to realize that the trade had been finalized, Stikt had already sold the Rebellion--soon to be the New Republic--on his mechanical aptitude and possession of a vessel he was willing to place at its command.

pre:
Character Sheet: 

Class: Technician
Specialization: Outlaw Tech 

Brawn: 2, Agility: 3, Intellect: 3, Cunning: 3, Willpower: 2, Presence: 2 
	Strain Threshold: 13
	Wound Threshold: 11

Skills: 
	Astrogation (Int): 1 rank
        Computers (Int): 1 rank
        Mechanics (Int): 3 ranks
        Piloting (Planetary) (Ag): 3 ranks
        Piloting (Space) (Ag): 1 rank
        Streetwise (Cun): 1 rank

Talents: 
        Speaks Binary (1)
        Utinni! (3)
        Grit (1)

Gear: 
	Tool Kit
        Restraining Bolt
        Datapad
        Comlink (Handheld)
        Canteen (2)

Duty: Tech Procurement (5)
	Stikt has always been inclined to procure all the tech he can possibly 
get his hands on. Getting paid for it, and deliberately placed in situations 
where he can put this skill to use is a dream come true.

Obligation: Bounty (10)
        Yerno'Soom was none too happy when he found out he'd lost both his
golden goose and one of his shuttles, and he intends to reclaim what's his.

Motivation: Ambition - Status
	The trawlers are mighty indeed... but they are limited by their 
planet-bound nature. Stikt dreams of starting his own clan, and trawling the 
stars for their riches. Work for the New Republic is but a stepping stone in that
direction. 

Bookkeeping: 10 XP from Obligation, Spent to bring Piloting (Space) to 1
25 XP spent to bring Piloting (Planetary) from 1 to 3
10 XP spent on Grit
25 XP spent to bring Computers from 1 to 3.
30 XP spent to bring Perception from 0 to 3.
20 XP spent on Sidestep
10 XP spent to bring Education from 0 to 2

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 21, 2015

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

That looks fantastic.

Also I fiddled with Stikt's sheet a bit. He's better at piloting his shuttle now, but Yerno's considerably angrier than he was before.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

It's looking like I should be able to jigger my schedule and make it if not, I'll be in around 9-ish.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

That was great! It's been way too long since I've been able to have a session of anything.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

My commission came in! :20bux: well spent.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Empty? I'll have you know that just because you all treat water like some kind of magical limitless resource doesn't mean I have to do the same. I know better than that. Laugh at me and my water cache all you want, but when the ugama hits the vapposza and you're all dying of thirst we'll see who's laughing :colbert:.

Next session is this Sunday at 8 central, right?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

10 xp spent to bring Piloting (Planetary) to 2, 10 xp spent on Grit.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Sorry I missed last week, I just moved to a new apartment and only got functional internet today. I'll definitely be there consistently from this point onwards.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I will be available tomorrow, and honestly, so long as we've got me, who else do we *really* need?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Meet 0-RB, the newest member of our team! 0-RB, an updated model of the old G0-T0 unit, was originally sent to Gandle Ott not long before Moff Sarne's fiefdom took a turn for the worse, and was intended to be the replacement Droid Administrator for the obsolete CUTH-BRT unit that had previously been installed. However, when Moff Sarne showed up to loot the planet, he ordered the switch be cancelled, as 0-RB would have been installed too late to be an obstacle for his pursuers, and as a result 0-RB was simply put into storage. Being the member of the crew who collaborated with Cuthbert to actually execute the stock market manipulation, Stikt learned of 0-RB's existence and casually liberated him from the dusty closet he had been stuffed in.

While 0-RB's ability to physically interact with the world is distinctly limited, it is a mental titan, its databases containing a truly staggering amount of knowledge in a wide variety of areas, as is necessary for effective planetary administration, and the processing power to match. Much of 0-RB's focus at any given time is spent day-trading on the Coruscant Financial Exchange, quietly managing Stikt's share of the fortune, building the funds for the eventual purchase of the first trawler in Stikt's future salvage fleet. Otherwise, it assists Stikt with his duties, doing day-to-day translation, serving as a reference database in a wide variety of areas, and providing network support for his computer-related activities.

G0-T0 units were highly prone to developing individual personalities, and that particular kink still hasn't been worked out as of the 0-RB line. Though usually quiet, and always polite, 0-RB is maybe a touch condescending to most of the crew of the FarStar--it's quite thankful to Stikt for rescuing it, giving it an interesting task, and treating it more as a business partner and companion than a possession, and it is also appreciative of his goals and overall mindset. Otherwise, the only other crew member it really respects is, strangely enough, Sylco, who 0-RB says is "in possession of a keen acumen for negotiation, and truly understands the value of effective communication." Stikt is pretty sure this is because Sylco has bribed 0-RB with something, but he's not entirely sure what and isn't about to pry.

((In terms of mechanics I mostly want 0-RB to be a boost on knowledge-y skills and Computers, if you want me to go through the process of statting him up I can))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

:(

Well, I had a good time, at least, and I can always choose to believe that Stikt hit the big time after this campaign. Thanks for the fun, I hope somebody starts another SW campaign.

• Locked thread