Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Leaning either Chief Mechanic or Security Officer, but still forming ideas, so if anyone has a better idea for either go ahead and take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Looks like I dallied too long on getting my preferred positions, oh well. Guess I'll try and make... whatever's open? Looks like Bridge Officer.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sorry, I was indecisive about what to make and then got sidetracked by MGS V. A lot.
---

Sylco used to be the average squib, a scavenger of junk. Even though he was moderately well off Sylco always had a feeling of discontent and despite trying he never found anything to banish these feelings. And possibly he never would have if it wasn't for a run in with Page's Commandos. During an operation that didn't go as expected for anyone involved, Sylco got dragged in and ended up saving the bacon of the New Republic commando team. And with that taste of action Sylco wanted more. Page, being a wholly reasonable person, told Sylco that he was in no way fit to be a member of Page's Commandos regardless of how he saved them seeing as Sylco hadn't fired a blaster before in his life. While this was enough to placate Sylco temporarily, he had a taste of action and wanted more.

After finding someone to teach him to shoot straight and a few other important tools of surviving a dangerous galaxy, Sylco managed to track down Page to join his Commando team as a trained individual. Swamped with trying to staff the FarStar and dredge up anything left behind by Imperials, the last thing Page needed was a cheerily insistent squib trying to badger him into letting an unproven person with something to prove onto the team. In a stroke genius, or desperation, he put Sylco onto the FarStar under the guise of using it to evaluate his ability and fit for the team.

pre:
Character Sheet: 

Career: Smuggler

Specializations: Scoundrel

Brawn: 1, Agility: 4, Intellect: 2, Cunning: 3, Willpower: 2, Presence: 2 
	Strain Threshold: 13
	Wound Threshold: 10
	Defense: 1|1 	Soak: 2

Skills: 
	Cool (Pr): 1 rank
	Deception (Cun): 1 rank
	Negotiation (Pr): 1 rank
	Perception (Cun): 1 rank
	Pilot - Space (Ag): 1 rank
	Ranged - Light (Ag): 2 ranks
	Skulduggery (Cun): 1 rank
	Streetwise (Cun): 1 rank
	Underworld (Int): 1 Rank

Talents: Rapid Reaction 1

Gear: 
	Comlink (Handheld) (25)
	Datapad (75)
	Blaster Pistol (400)
	Armored Clothes (1000)

Duty: Resource Acquisition (5)
	Despite Sylco's daring and thrill seeking, Page sent him with the FarStar
having someone to pick through everything and find anything of any kind of
value would be useful for the extended operation of a ship on a mission.

Obligation: Family (5)
	Sylco's family doesn't agree with him wanting to risk life and limb
because, as they see it, he was bored. They're willing to put up with him
being out and about in the galaxy if he can point business their way, or point
them at salvage for the family trade however.

Motivation: Ambition - Novelty/Wanderlust

Bookkeeping: 
Experience: 120 Experience Points, 20 Earned
	40 Experience spent bringing Agility from 3 to 4.
	30 Experience spent bringing Cunning from 2 to 3.
	10 Experience spent bringing Ranged - Light from 1 to 2. 
	5 Experience spent bringing Streetwise from 0 to 1.
	5 Experience spent bringing Underworld from 0 to 1.
	5 Experience spent bringing Skulduggery from 0 to 1.
	5 Experience spent purchasing Rapid Reaction.
	5 Experience spent purchasing Quick Draw.
	5 Experience spent purchasing Black Market Contacts.
	5 Experience spent purchasing Convincing Demeanor.
	5 Experience spent bringing Charm from 0 to 1.
Free Skill Advances: 
	Career Skills: Vigilance, Piloting - Space, Deception, Perception
	Specialization Skills: Cool, Ranged - Light
	Squib Skill: Negotiation 

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Sep 21, 2015

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
I thought that was filled but if it's open, sure.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Please, we all know Sylco's gonna die from volunteering for things he's in no way qualified to do long before thirst is an issue.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Purchased Black Market Contacts, Convincing Demeanor, Quick Draw, and 1 rank of Charm

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Pictured: The Good Guys, also the group that managed to pass themselves off as Imperials for like five minutes, c'man.

Edit: 5 Experience spent to bring Mechanics from 0 to 1
10 Experience spent to bring Gunnery from 0 to 1

Also noticed a few skills weren't in Roll20 (like my skulduggery actually has 1 rank) so I fixed that and added my level up.

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Sep 28, 2015

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

"Stun and bind" is standard protocal for taking Imperials into custody.

Kaiya doesn't have time for Imperial bantha poodoo.

f/e: However, she does have time for jawa jabber.

What's Kaiya's stance on squib silliness?

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Looking at the Scoundrel's talent tree it looks like I can't buy the middle stuff until I get to the bottom? Is that intentional?

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Oh Sylco's checking it out for sure.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

karmicknight posted:

drat right we should, Sinc's got a bump of glitterstim burning a hole in his pocket that he needs Sylco to unload and magically transmute into a heavy blaster pistol and (hopefully) some modifications.

Double checking prices a single dose of Glitterstim is 100 credits. Heavy Blaster Pistol's 700. What I'm getting from this is seven instances of being telepathic is worth one heavy blaster.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
I mean I don't see why you're worried. Kaiya can stay on the FarStar as the rest of the Command Staff go to a known Pirate Hideout/Bar. We all know everyone around is perfectly responsible and won't get into any trouble at all.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Pirate Bar Mission Log, as dictated by Sylco

"So, once Kaiya went back up to the FarStar to do... Captain-y things I guess? Me, Sinc, and Thenn met up with Malcolm to grab him for a run to the bar. Would've been pretty boring without a fif-I mean we needed some more muscle and Malcom's a licensed bounty hunter. Also offsets Sinc's pretty obvious Core Worlder attitude. He was in the middle of interrogating what's left of the Imperial Science Team. Notably it looks like that lone Stormtrooper disappeared somewhere between us calming him down and us 'acquiring' the E-Web he was using to shoot the jungle. We pitched in on seeing what's what and who's who and finally got Malcolm to come with us. After I lifted-BORROWED Stikt's keyfob, we got to the bar and started 'gathering intelligence'. Which unfortunately got interrupted when a sniper took a shot at Jorwick.

Malcolm managed to shove Jorwick so the shot hit his shoulder instead of his chest before he stormed out to find the shooter. Sinc made a run for the ship while Thenn made sure Jorwick didn't bleed out. I finished some important networking before leaping into action. Even after the sniper got some reinforcements we managed to clean up all the three of them. This is where things get a little complicated. Turns out Jorwick's part of the Hidden Dagger pirate gang, and pretty influential in it. There's two other high up types who hate each other and haven't killed each other only because they both trust Jorwick. The sniper and his reinforcements are from the Binayre pirate gang, ruthless and cut-throat even for pirates. They've been enjoying the Hidden Dagger's two remaining leaders being mostly at each other's throat while Jorwick was caught up in that altereality cityship. Yeah, altereality. Workshopping that as a quick way to sum up the whole thing in case we run into another altereality thing. I think it's catchy.

Anyway, Tork, the leader of Binayre, apparently put a hit out on Jorwick if he ever showed his face around the area again, specifically to keep him away from an upcoming meeting with the local Pirate King. Which is Nihm. Or was is Nyhm? Hopefully a familiar name what with him kicking the Trade Federation out of the Outer Rim and keeping a fair few chunks of space his even during the Empire's reign. Or to speak plainly again if Sinc's listening, NOT A GOOD IDEA TO MESS WITH. Getting back on track, there was a big meeting at Nihm's space station, where he would expect tithes and gifts and then dole out sectors of space based on who he felt deserved the turf. Tork wanted the Hidden Dagger to not show up so he could get their turf. This is where a plan formed.

My thought was go with Jorwick, settle the infighting within the Hidden Dagger, show up and humiliate the Binayre, and get the Hidden Blade more turf. Now we have a New Republic friendly pirate gang harassing local Imperial efforts, freeing up more Republic resources for other things. On top of that, the current away crew, Me, Sinc, Thenn, and Malcolm, could come in posing as Bounty Hunters, give Nihm that altereality blaster to him as a gift to get any information he has on Sarne. Two womp rats one shot. Also would have a great place to fence some of the more illegal goods we've picked up at the literal pirate haven. So we mount up and go to the Hidden Blade's asteroid base and I don't think I need to cover the fact we got ambushed by a bunch of ships that were blocking their transponders. I know Kaiya's busy and all but I think she'd remember bringing the FarStar in to swat the flies. Military reports are weird.

Well I guess the one wrinkle is that we recovered one of the transponders and it was for Hidden Blade stuff, which got the two other high mucky mucks arguing. Oh, I guess I should mention their names? Captain Elise and uh... Darson! Yeah, looked like he had cut a deal or something with Hot Tropic with how he dressed. Ridiculous. Anyway, Jorwick and Sinc got 'em calmed down and we're heading to the Pirate King's space station, the Spinning Pillar I think? Either way I'll finish this later. End recording."
---
End of the day, Sylco has a personal swoop, a second swoop, requisitioned a blaster pistol, traded the third swoop, Malcolm's Repeating Blaster, and a dose of glitterstim to get Malcolm a Disruptor Rifle. And got four Thermal Detonators :getin:

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Mustache Ride posted:

Bio-Rifle:

Encumbrance: 5
Hard Points: 2
Rarity: 10
Price: 5,000
Damage: 14
Range: Long
Critical: 4
Skill: Ranged - Heavy
Qualities: Breach 1, Cumbersome 2, Vicious 4

:stare:

And here we just bought Malcolm a Disruptor Rifle

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Using the 10 XP from this session to buy another rank of Convincing Demeanor. 15xp away from being able to stash Thermal Detonators ANYWHERE.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sylco's Pirate King Station Report.

With the rest of the Away Team rejoining the rest of us, I managed to drink Captain Elise under the table at a bar because we had to kill time before meeting the Pirate King Nyhm. Captain Grimdark (Darson) bailed out to chat with fellow goth fashion enthusiasts. Then Jorwick revealed that he figured Elise and Grimdark were in love and wanted to hook them up to bring the Hidden Daggers together. The Doc went with him to pick out gifts since no one really knew anything about love. Turns out Jorwick was in fact a shady dude who backstabbed the group by knocking out the Doc and dragged him away. About then everyone realized "how the heck did Sylco out drink a pirate" and became INCREDIBLY SUSPICIOUS. Dargus Telsh, ex-Imperial and current New Republic Spy, entered the bar to make contact and let everyone know that we got played by lack of caring about romance. Tracking down Jorwick it turns out he took the doctor back to Stikt's shuttle, so the group hustled back there and with overwhelming numbers had a mexican standoff that ended when I made up a buncha lies about the Doctor being an ex-Imperial Agent famed for torture. Thinking his hostage was worthless Jorwick surrendered and revealed he was working with the Imperials to take over the Hidden Daggers before his little Mist induced nap and had a contact on the Pirate King's station. And it turns out his contact was the guy Stikt got his jetpack.

So we handed the Imperial data collecting murderbot back to them. Whoops. Thinking quickly, I decided that me and Stikt would feign being dissatisfied customers and the jetpack wasn't good. We managed to convince him back to ship, but spooked him enough to call in an imperial team with a panic button. A shoot out erupted in the hanger bay with four imperials, one manning an E-Web. All told it went very well besides me getting dropped by a very lucky slash good shot. After the fight ended the Pirate King's security entered and grabbed the people outside ship to talk to the King. The Doc patched me up and I immediately snuck off the ship and posed as a local scavenger to pick the bodies clean since Stikt was taken to meet the King. The meeting with the King turned out very well since he wanted to deal with the encroaching Imperials and we did with his favorite method, overwhelming firepower. So now him and Malcolm are friends on SpaceBook and he gave us the info he had on Sarne without us handing off the Altereality Rifle. A win all around I'd say!

----

Out of character it was actually eight storm troopers that met a messy end by Thermal Detonator and Disruptor Rifle that Malcolm and Sylco both agree should stay off the books for now. Also, my vote's for the ISB Base.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
So, related to the above, looking things over, would Sylco picking up a Security Droid be okay as his looted item from the spy's shop?

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sylco's Report on The Case of the FarStars' On-Board Bored Droid Brain

So, today started great. Kaff seemed fresher than normal and the mess hall was just the right level of rowdy. Found a dose of Avabush in an engineer's pocket...

What? Why would I tell you or Brealus about it? What'd I do? I confronted him about it like they do in the Holo-Dramas. A lot of dramatic pauses and letting him try and clean it up himself, which won't happen until something tragic happens to a close friend because he was doped up... Yes this is relevant Captain, I'm recording today's mission report and it happened this morning.

Okay, I guess I'm starting from when all the bridge station panels light up like a Life Day celebration. That happened and pretty much everyone was some level of freaking out. Even me, since I went straight for one of the emergency air masks. At first I thought Stikt did too, but turns out he was ankle deep in the wall to do quick diagnostics on the computer system. About the time I got the mask on and the Captain had hit the intercom button he revealed that it was just the computer system sending false positives and all of the ship's systems weren't some level of exploding, non-functional, or non-existent. Finally we decided that since we had the time we should march down to the droid brain Sarne had rigged up to the ship and give it a good talking to with a side of memory wipe and or extermination via the Full Malcolm. Once down in engineering we ran right into a problem. Nobody had figured out the administrator account's password. Stikt got to work on that and in about two hands of pazaak he was in and talking with the droid brain... Probably could use a name at this point... NearStar? Just Near? I'll workshop it around see what comes up. Where was I? Right so Stikt was in and found out Near was bored out of it's mind and all this stuff was just it going stir crazy. So where as I get scolded for rifling through pockets when I'm bored, the Captain asked it what we could do to make it not bored. It said something about ships I think and then Sinc's face lit up like the panels did earlier and he ran off, only to show back up with a big chair computer combo between him and a couple of his jock buddies. Apparently it was a ship simulator they used to show off without wasting the Republic's credits.

No I didn't mean train, you bring up who's got the best score everyday at lunch.

Anyway, everyone jumped into the assembled chairs to have a go with the droid brain because we're all sick of its antics. And Sinc wanted to show off. He said a lot of words that boiled down to "You three follow me to the SimStar and distract it, you four fly in and shoot torpedoes at it after we distract it" and we did that and the SimStar blew up. Then another SimStar popped in at the power of cheating and blew my ship up, before everyone turned around and blew it up. Yes, I am bitter about that.

Anyway, with the droid brain entertained by getting in on the fighter jocks' racket we finally got to what was supposed to be the ISB base that probe-turned-assassin droid was broadcasting to. What greeted us instead was a large blank expanse of space, until some scanning found us a messed up derelict ship. We're moving to board it now so I guess I'll pause this recording... where's that button? Uh...

Additional recording attached, dated thirty Galactic Standard Minutes after previous recording:

...right, gotta record this, talk about the karking Imperial Cyborg with the karking firebomb, thinks he's so karking clever with that vent trick... Gyuh, I still smell like smoke and burnt hair and I've used the sonic five times already! It's worse than Stikt's personal 'cologne'! Okay we went on that ship and it turns out it was a buncha Imperial spy guys whose leader managed to get the drop on us after me and Malcolm used the standard New Republic Tower of Power to smear his lackies. The karking jerk had a disruptor pistol and at least one firebomb and used them to great effect before Malcolm managed to put him down with his disssss-ahem. A taste of his heavily modified aftermarket blaster rifle... Gyurk, ugh! This is more then enough about the fake derelict right now. I gotta wash this smell outta my fur!

The recording continues for another ten minutes with brief periods of quieting humming in the background before automatically ending due to inactivity.

-----

Helpful reminder, squibs smell through their fur.

Also picked up Toughened and a second rank in Skulduggery with the XP from this session and Hidden Storage with last sessions' XP. So yes every conceivable person and thing has a hidden pocket Sylco can stash things in. Gonna pick up Mod VI Cyberarms since the planned chauffeur was shot down if those are cool. Not installed, just stashed away for a rainy day. Also for reference, Sylco has one thermal det on his person, one stashed in his Swoop, the Last Card, and one stashed nebulously somewhere on the FarStar. The Last Card is stashed in the hidden compartment on Stikt's shuttle.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Mustache Ride posted:

Actually I think I might cancel this week, and switch to every other week if everybody doesn't mind.

Is that a problem for anyone?

s'fine with me.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
And my funnier-in-my-head ideas!

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sylco's Report of Operation Red Hot Nickel Box; It's Really Heating Up!

Attached files are audio from the days in hyperspace the time of the event.

So you're planning to jury rig a massive heatsink, so instead of the ENTIRE ship getting unbearably hot, it'll all be in this one room.

You realize the ship is very big and also very hot, right?

And the captain knows about this?

Well good luck with burning a hole straight through the ship, I'll be in your shuttle working on my bike.

Timestamp places this log after transition to normal space.

Well, fine, I'll give you that it hasn't burn a hole straight through the ship yet, but you know no one can go near that room without some seriously heavy duty equipment.

Fine, fine! Here's the credits. I only made that bet to motivate you anyway.

No, but I feel good about that lie if you had to ask.

Third file timestamp synchronized from local planet Gandle Ott time, 5 hours after FarStar docked

She wants a report on the stuff that happened during the compressor failure? Sure, Gandle Ott makes sense, some stuff happened. Compressor failure report, Stitk jury-rigged together a room sized heatsink and everyone wore a little as they were comfortable with. A couple crew members had to be asked to wear something, anything, we know it's too hot but please remain decent. I think I have a few other recordings I'll just stick them in. With that out of the way, Gandle Ott. I was mostly skimming those files we got from Nyhm while everyone else handled the talking as we got hailed. Turns out they're still pretty pro-Empire, but as the intel said Sarne grabbed all the officers worth grabbing and bailed. So we managed to circumvent a few things by mentioning our minor slash major emergency of our ship possibly going to explode, so we got a drydock access before anyone looked over our ship credentials. When it was noticed that the FarStar's New Republic we got shuffled to the highest ranking Imp on the station. Ensign Lang. Or Dave? Man I didn't catch it, but he was hilariously over his head and had to call down to confirm that yeah, he was the ranking Imperial officer and had to deal with us, which according to Sarne the New Republic are, direct quote, Rebel terrorist organization. Fun times. So, while he was desperately trying to find someone actually qualified to handle this situation we got a contract with some locals to do some much needed repairs on the FarStar and I visited a lovely local caf shop with some friends of friends. Always nice to run into people you know out in the galaxy. About the time I was coming back from that we had a meeting with the Vice-Planetary Governor, who explained that we were welcome to stay and get our ship repaired and were welcome to come down to the planet and spend our money at probably jacked up prices. Sounded like she was being forced to say all this, and there was a second person in the meeting who wasn't introduced but wore a uniform. Not an Imperial one but a uniform. So, colluding with Stikt we came up with a clever plan, wherein he made a distraction and I used the confusion to investigate. With some improvisation from all present I found out that the uniformed gentleman was one General Lang. Which the Ensign had told us to say told us we could stay. Somewhere along the way someone mentioned to me that the Ensign actually said to blame Lang and not that he was Lang, but in my defense it sounded pretty close to Lang. So now we have open passes to the planet and for some reason everyone and their mother wants us to make some kind of appearance somewhere on planet. That'll wrap this report.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Slyco's Report on Operation Politico Imperio; "High Art? More like Wet Fart."

Ugh this morning was the worst, I had a killer headache and didn't really want to do anything, but it was like one of my two Away days and I didn't want to spend it in bed. So, with time to kill and someone actually signing off on our away time, a bunch of us decided to solve the mystery of the Mushroom Cutting and decided taking a tour would be the best cover. About half way through the museum we realized what the true toll of our clever plan was as we faced down the greatest challenge our group, no, the FarStar had ever faced!

It was cheese with hair on it. That was their art installation. Cheese, with some hair on it and near it. Wait I can...

Attached File timed to open at this point in the recording:

BEHOLD, THE ART OF GANDLE OTT. After that trainwreck the tour took us by an old Jedi Chapter House, which is just where the local jedi hung out and did their religious stuff. Stikt found an unopened hidden panel and even though I failed to open it, it was because I was trying to be subtle in front of the Imperial Major acting as our tour guide and babysitter. Resolving to come back to it later we finally went to the Mushroom Cutting Site to watch General.... Llllllang? Ladyface? Declare that "Moff Sarne" decided Gandle Ott should choose its own way and that they were starting elections to choose the next Planetary Governor, and that she'd be running to take the spot to just, toe the Imperial line regardless. Most of her supporters are old money, and the other general who's also running for the spot is of the mind of keeping to their older traditions, and is also backed by old money. Sinc offered to have the Republic act as an impartial mediator for the election and was politely told no, which let's be fair the Republic doesn't really have no horse in this race.

We also met a local reporter, I think the uh, Dana Cadwell mentioned in Nyhm's intel? I wasn't paying too much attention as I was investigating the mushrooms. She wanted to get off planet because it had absolutely nothing going on and she's been denied exit for a while, which I can sympathize with.

From there we decided to attend a dinner with General Lang but had to go shopping first. I got myself a nice outfit for the party, and a tuxedo for when we do the opera later. The dinner went fine, they tried to bug our table, I lied through my teeth at some smug rich jerk. Standard rich people party stuff, I assume.

After the party we tried to make our way back to the Jedi house but were stopped by an Imperial patrol enforcing curfew. With some excellent distraction work from Stikt I managed to give the patrol the slip before slipping into my disguise as a local teen. With no-one looking over my shoulder I easily cracked the hidden compartment open and found a lightsaber and some kind of symbol of faith, which is neat. Better in the Republic's hands than in Gandle Ott's, right?

After that we split up, Stikt went to acquire some information from the local net and the rest of the away crew went to the "bank" mentioned by the General, which are actually like, a board of publicly elected individuals who vote on matters regarding Gandle Ott as they think the public desires? Naturally its ability to do things under Imperial rule were next to nothing, but with Sarne gone they're pushing the Election to see what the public wants. If the public wants Imperial rule, they're gonna go with it, even if I can tell they want to be more democratic. Might be the most friendly to the New Republic coming in of the power players so far. Anyway, Stikt's gonna be messing around with the lightsaber soon so I need to get down to his shop to appreciate the work from a very healthy distance.
----
So, right now Sylco has 25 floating XP and is going to buy some kind of Force specialization, the question is if it's gonna be Force Sensitive Exile now or Ataru Striker after next session.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
So, is this happening this week or is it next week?

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sylco's purchased Dedication and a second rank of Side Step with XP. He's getting the Autopilot Droid Brain that karmic mentioned existing in Fly Casual to outfit his swoop with.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Operation Opera House, AKA "The General was fine with us stealing this ludicrously expensive wine from his political opponent, let's put him into power."

Man I was up bright and early for this. I loved going to opera's when dad had saved up enough credits for 'em. Field seating only but I was excited to see what was in store for us. Stikt only needed the barest prompting to put that expensive robe again, which I managed to run through a fresher before hand without him noticing, and Malcolm... Had his armor spray painted still. He put in an effort and I'm not about to argue with the man with a disruptor rifle, that's for sure. Kaiya surprised me by having a tuxedo ready and didn't even need to be reminded that an opera was a formal event and should be treated as such! Apparently she was a planetary governor before the Imperials took over and she joined the Rebellion, which, dang.

I'm not sure why I had my hopes up with the opera after the thrilling display of art, though. Probably should have seen it coming but the piece being performed was... Locally done, detailing the history of the planet putting down a droid uprising. Focused way too much on the premise of combat, the main characters were as flat as a steel deck plate, and only one person out of the entire cast had a singing voice that wasn't vaguely unpleasant to listen to. Which, kind of a big deal when you're in an opera!

Also, I guess some droids tried to assassinate us which, typical really. We kind of expected it hard so Stikt got some good footage of us dismantling that before me and Sinc went to argue semantics at a manager so we could get away from the god awful presentation on the stage. Eventually we tracked the droids to a large government building and upon further prying realized that the entire thing was droid run! And that Sarne had slammed a restraining bolt onto a droid built to manage the planet, forcing the droid to kill any pursuing Republic forces with all he had available. It was a bunch of protocol droids with blaster rifles, mostly. After some precision hacking from Thenn and Stikt we managed to shoot up the restraining bolt and I talked circles at the droid to try and get him to short circuit and explode. That didn't happen and instead he decided he didn't need to listen to Sarne and could go back to ensuring the planet doesn't implode from debt, which was fine by us. He even managed to find some funds he could allocate us to repair the FarStar so we could bring Sarne to justice. All told, a fine night out if I do say so myself.

-----
Attached video file pulled from outgoing transmission to HoloNet. Playing.

A shot of Sylco holding his half-mask in one hand, sitting in one of the seats in the box overlooking the stage. "Back at it again at the opera house."

A sudden cut to a shot of the box entrance, the curtain pushed open by two blaster rifle holding droids, whose heads turn to look at each other before a blaster shot and a disruptor shot come into view, the disruptor shot hitting one droid squarely in the chest and the blaster striking the other's neck. Suddenly from the direction the blaster shot came from Sylco flies on screen, kicking the back of the droid's head which goes flying off and into the camera, which goes tumbling over with a shout of UTINNI! from the holder before the video ends.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
I'd settle for not breaking down every time we make a hyperspace jump frankly.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
It was some good times y'all, thanks for running Mustache

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Also all of the missing dumb drawings would be great. The Opera outfits in particular would be nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Thenn's Wig in the Opera outfit is maybe the peak of the dumb costumes, and is overall my favorite.

• Locked thread