Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

From Wikipedia:

Ohio Congressman Mike Turner vowed to fight the change, commenting that "I’m certain [Obama] didn’t notify President McKinley’s descendants, who find this outrageous." (Both of McKinley's daughters died in early childhood, leaving no descendants.

He's not wrong :v:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Is there nothing the GOP won't complain about?

You'd think he'd just changed the name to "Mount Kill Whitey" or something with all the bitching going on, holy poo poo.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Monkey Fracas posted:

You'd think he'd just changed the name to "Mount Kill Whitey" or something with all the bitching going on, holy poo poo.

Actually, the genius bloggers at Allen West's website do appear to think that.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Fried Chicken posted:

So Jeb Bush went on a 5 minute tear today in Spanish, crying about Trump

Among the comments (translated by Mac Caputo)

Yes, he did say "blah blah blah" in Spanish

The whole thing (this and the English bits) is a grown rear end man having a temper tantrum and it's amazing. Because he doesn't just flip out about Trump, he started screeching about Politico reporting he is having money troubles, and the rest of the press going after things he said instead of "policy" (that would be the stuff he said on Iraq, women's health care, and immigration)

Basically a little brat who has always had everything handed to him isn't getting deferred to and feted, and he's pissed about it.

Someone in the RSF already said it but it bears repeating that Trump could just play Bush talking in spanish without subtitles and it would help him in the republican primary.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Before this name change, how many americans do you goons think knew that there was a mountain named after McKinley. Or that it was even named after a president. Or that he was from Ohio. Or that the mountain reachest the highest elevation in North America. Or that the mountain was in Alaska.

Well, John Boehner knew, I guess. And those imaginary McKinley descendants, god bless their non-existent hearts.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Phone posted:

Oh man, that card Obama likes MUSTARD on his sandwiches.

Am I doing it right? Am I appropriately making fun of politicians for doing completely OK things?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Before this name change, how many americans do you goons think knew that there was a mountain named after McKinley. Or that it was even named after a president. Or that he was from Ohio. Or that the mountain reachest the highest elevation in North America. Or that the mountain was in Alaska.

Well, John Boehner knew, I guess. And those imaginary McKinley descendants, god bless their non-existent hearts.
The tallest peaks on each continent is something you're taught in geography class, who knows how many people retain that knowledge though

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Lemon in his tea? It's probably not even half sugar by volume! :bahgawd:

twodot
Aug 7, 2005

You are objectively correct that this person is dumb and has said dumb things

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I was under impression knowledge of both the mountain and its historic names were common knowledge, with it being the highest mountain and also a car is named after it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMC_Denali
Most people probably wouldn't recognize McKinley as a president though.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

JT Jag posted:

The tallest peaks on each continent is something you're taught in geography class, who knows how many people retain that knowledge though

I'm pretty sure the only thing public education teaches you is the precise amount of late night cramming you have to do to retain information long enough to pass a standardized test the following day.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
'MERICA

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I'm basically following Snopes to stay on top of whatever is present in the syphilitic mind of American discourse nowadays.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Klaus88 posted:

I demand he provide fresh material for Lloyd Bridges style lampooning! :argh:

Holy poo poo, some goons here probably haven't seen Airplane or either of the hot shots movies. :smith:

Jon Stewart chose the wrong week to quit huffing news. :smith:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Man, they're just letting anyone sneak past the white house fences these days.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

I don't know which I find more hilarious, concern trolling about McKinley's legacy and Native Americans, or the idea that Obama is eradicating white people from American history.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
We can't talk about shootings again, someone's been shooting up cars at random in Arizona. No deaths, only one person injured.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

JT Jag posted:

there's no reason to remember it past whatever test it was on

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Thanks, Obama

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Republicans somehow always find a way get more petty and childish.

CarterUSM
Mar 17, 2004
Cornfield aviator

JT Jag posted:

Aconcagua
Denali
Everest
Kilimanjaro
Blanc

...I'm gonna get a wedgie in the bathroom, aren't I?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Joementum posted:

Thanks, Obama

I don't get it, did Obama give up some American territory that I can't remember?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

president pabst noooooooo!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't get it, did Obama give up some American territory that I can't remember?

Obama changed all churches to mosques and schools to re-education camps.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

I am reading more, usually smart people, say that Trump might not actually go away and I don't think I can live in that world.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Samurai Sanders posted:

Are you denying that it is both true that Obama is President and the Philippines aren't part of the US?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I love all the concern about "McKinley's legacy :qq:". This is probably the first and last time in a while that most Americans even remember McKinley existed.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I can't wait for: AND ON DAY ONE I WILL RENAME MOUNT MCKINNLEY

because our loving country is awful

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Happened yesterday.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Trump has already said this.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I loving hate modern politics. Seriously when Donald Trump is a legitimate candidate for the highest office in the nation, and our campaign breaks down into a running series of "and on day one, I will completely change these things I don't agree with for ~reasons~" it's time to salt the goddamn earth.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Joementum posted:

Are you denying that it is both true that Obama is President and the Philippines aren't part of the US?

At least we'll always have Liberia.... right? :ohdear:

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am reading more, usually smart people, say that Trump might not actually go away and I don't think I can live in that world.

http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/when-youre-feeling-low-just-remember-ill-be-dead-i-31008

:)

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Technically didn't Cuba take Cuba back?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

BigRed0427 posted:

Technically didn't Cuba take Cuba back?

They had a little help.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
CNN intends to make sure that Carly Fiorina is in the next Republican debate.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

This was a good batch of Clinton emails though because it's just boring inane poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Every time people talk up Fiorina based on her “executive experience“ I laugh inside and sometimes outside as well.

• Locked thread