Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm pretty conflicted between Dredd and John Wick... I think I'm going to go with John Wick tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
A Fancy Bloke easily claims first post to inform you only one of those movies is from 2015

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
did they make a themed pinball machine for any of them?

if yes, then that one

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
still haven't seen mad max but since goons like it it's probably poo poo. John Wick was okay but kind of like jangling keys in front of a retarded baby to keep it occupied for a couple hours. Dredd was loving wicked good. Thamks for reading my post. :cheers:

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Mad Max is the correct answer. Always

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
john wick isnt even a scratch on mad max. john wick is pretty good for a brainless action movie. mad maxx is one of the best movies of the last 10 years

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Decebal posted:

Mad Max is the correct answer. Always

Yes because it's the only one to come out in 2015

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

A Fancy Bloke posted:

A Fancy Bloke easily claims first post to inform you only one of those movies is from 2015

lol what an idiot (me)

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I guess that's why I'm not "Professor Smart"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Mad Max was the best movie of 2015.

Dredd was the thirst best The Raid movie.

John Wick was the best movie of 1998.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
i vote drive because it invented dubstep music

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

i vote drive because it invented dubstep music

it made Autism a cool, popular disorder too

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i like max

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i like dradd

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
I'm playing the new Mad MAx vidya game and it's hella sweet, with copious violence

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

wrong, idiot

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Decebal posted:

it made Autism a cool, popular disorder too

um no, this is wrong, and bad. he di dnot have autism just because he doesnt talk or helps a lady who isnt going to do sex with him, this is offensive to some people, i think you should think more about something efore you post it, because what if you say something that, what if someone had autistic and reads your post? they might feel bad and sad, and they might not have seen the movie drive and theyu might feel confused, they might go and watch the movie and i tmight offend them that you said this about autism. in fact, a lot of autisms cannot drive, or have meaning ful relationships wit people let alone the opposide sex, and this is clear in the movie that he cares about the lady and her son, and the man is his friend, and thiw probably would not happy in a autism, i am starting to think that perhaps you dont really know what you are talking about and are, in fact, using hyperbole instead of making a fun and nice comment about something that people can enjoy and go away feeling good about temselves after reading, and i just think that if some people thought more before saying some thing we could all have a abetter place to hang out, and chat, and talk to friends about tyhing that are important to us, or talk about a movie or a book like this thread, and its only a little think but i think it could make a lot of difference in the world

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
john wick's nightclub shootout was the best action scene i've seen in years and tops any individual action scene from mad max easy, but mad max overall is probably the better action movie

the raid is okay but iko uwais is bland as gently caress

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

mad max sucked because violent action movies are supposed to have some violence in them

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

maybe its because they banned violence in australia that it seemed like a violent movie op

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The best Mad Max video game was the Max Max level in Super Time Force Ultra.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

but really it probably couldve been pg-13 or even pg

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Will we ever see something on the level of Predator ? That was a good action movie. So many buff guys that somehow looked manlier that todays buff guys . What's up with that ?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I absolutely cannot stand Tom Hardy; he has the acting ability of a brick.

I will go with Dredd.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I once criticized Tom Hardy for being muttering marble mouth mumbler and a goon flipped out on me for being deaf lol

Tom Hardy is a muttering marble mouth mumbler

I liked Drive

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Decebal posted:

Will we ever see something on the level of Predator ? That was a good action movie. So many buff guys that somehow looked manlier that todays buff guys . What's up with that ?

bulk with 'roids, cut with cocaine

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
if you hate mad max you are a trash person

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
Goon favorite Mad Max and the Furriest Roads is the best movie ever made because as a goon said it is popular and critically acclaimed. That means if you don't like it you're just a dumb hipster or something.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

drive invented the 1980s too

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
i say it's a 3-way tie but if you held a gun to my head then i would concede it's actually just a tie between max and dredd then spit in your eye

:twisted:

vudan
Dec 11, 2010

spud posted:

I absolutely cannot stand Tom Hardy; he has the acting ability of a brick.

I will go with Dredd.

You know I agree, but it's an opinion I see rarely shared. Thankfully he doesn't say much in mm, I like both Dredd and mm.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i liked the guy with the guitar and i was watching it thinking "the guitar guy should play the same thing the orchestral sound track is playing" and i think at one point he did and i thought "wow thats cool i like this movei" i didnt say it out loud though i just thought it.

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

Mad Max is the least good of those films but it was still OK

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If you're having a hard time figuring out which is the best, sometimes it's easy when you first discover which one was the worst.

Of the three, only one isn't getting a sequel.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

John Wick was the best movie of 1998.

Lol

I liked it though :shrug:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Android Bicyclist posted:

If you're having a hard time figuring out which is the best, sometimes it's easy when you first discover which one was the worst.

Of the three, only one isn't getting a sequel.

All three are getting sequels :confused:

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Professor Shark posted:

There's a Dredd sequel now? I thought they gave up on it?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Professor Shark posted:

Dredd 3D isn't AFAIK.
Source
Source