Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

http://www.ksat.com/news/ksatcom-exclusive-unedited-video-of-fatal-deputy-involved-shooting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

lol

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I lust for cop death

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
I wonder what its like being a black man who has filmed a cop crime and was just shown on television.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
the thugs are cops rite

thats the punchline

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
#BlueLivesMatter

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014
Well at least it was a white Hispanic this time.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Yeah you can't say racism was a thing with this one.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.
good thing they edited the video for language, now i can show my kids

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
If only he had a gun.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
My new favorite newspeak phrase is "officer involved shooting"

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
black cop took the shots #whitelivesmatter

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
or is this a game where white cops kill blacks, black cops kill whites and the one who gets away with the most at the end of the month gets a bonus

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"The Bexar County Sheriff's Office and District Attorney's office have addressed the incident, and commented on the video, which calls into question whether the shooting was justified."

I want to hear the web of bullshit to explain why they blew a guy away who had his hands over his head and was holding perfectly still.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

or is this a game where white cops kill blacks, black cops kill whites and the one who gets away with the most at the end of the month gets a bonus

Judging from all the names involved I think this might have been hispanic cops killing an hispanic dude.

I think these kinds of police have been misunderstood for years, always focusing on race. But truly being a lovely murderous douche bag transcends race and creed!

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Blazing Ownager posted:

"The Bexar County Sheriff's Office and District Attorney's office have addressed the incident, and commented on the video, which calls into question whether the shooting was justified."

I want to hear the web of bullshit to explain why they blew a guy away who had his hands over his head and was holding perfectly still.

"Furtive eye movements"

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JiveHonky posted:

"Furtive eye movements"

I'm half expecting "HE TRIED TO CAST A SPELL ON ME!"

Seriously though given it was a domestic violence call I half wonder if they decided to take Mike's Half-Measures speech a little too literally (and sloppily as poo poo, Mike would be disappointed).

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
they already said they can't see the left hand clearly, so its justifiable.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Lmao good

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The guy who took that video should probably move.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
poo poo happens.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

seems like if he didnt want to be shot, he shouldhave joined the police.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Wafflz posted:

I love how the put VIDEO BY [his name] right in the top corner, real professional newsmanship KSAT

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
They say he might have had a knife and, though I haven't seen the video, I read his one hand might have been obscured? Confirm anyone?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Crazyeyes posted:

They say he might have had a knife and, though I haven't seen the video, I read his one hand might have been obscured? Confirm anyone?

you can't see his left arm because of the telephone pole but if it was anything besides straight up like his right arm was you'd be able to see it because telephone poles are cylindrical

I guess maybe it could have been straight down like he was doing a pose like some sort of power rangers transformation poo poo

lol you can see his whole torso though so it wasn't like he made a move for his waistband or anything haha they murdered that guy in cold blood

proof of concept fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 1, 2015

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

quote:

VIEWERS ARE TO BE FULLY AWARE THAT THE VIDEO MAY BE DISTURBING TO THEM IF THEY CHOOSE TO VIEW IT.

quote:

Other than editing for language, the video is the entirety of what we received from Michael Thomas.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
OP using "thugs" is racist. You're racist.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

proof of concept posted:

you can't see his left arm because of the telephone pole but if it was anything besides straight up like his right arm was you'd be able to see it because telephone poles are cylindrical

I guess maybe it could have been straight down like he was doing a pose like some sort of power rangers transformation poo poo

lol you can see his whole torso though so it wasn't like he made a move for his waistband or anything haha they murdered that guy in cold blood

That's kinda what I figured. I just read it on CNN this morning as if that invalidated the video in some way.

"One less brown in my hometown" -Law Enforcement Proverb

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So the guy got caught cutting on his girlfriend and her baby. Cops did the right thing here.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
ugh suburbs, the size of those houses and probably only 3 or 4 people living in each, fucker deserved it

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I wonder what its like being a black man who has filmed a cop crime and was just shown on television.

Recently I saw a news story where a black guy caught police on camera strolling up to a mentally ill dude and shooting him in the stomach.

He went inside quickly because he didn't want the police to know they were witnessed.

Lol

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Wafflz posted:

and change his name

and possibly bleach his skin, just to be on the safe side

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
actually just put him in witness protection because anything else and his days are pretty much numbered at this point

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
This sort of poo poo happens so often that the most shocking thing about that video was how laughably fat those two cops looked.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Vin BioEthanol posted:

ugh suburbs, the size of those houses and probably only 3 or 4 people living in each, fucker deserved it

I can't tell if this is realpost or poe

lol if you don't live 9 people to a two bedroom apartment :goonsay:

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

we don't know the details yet but it looks to me like this is a clear case of self defense for the officers. you can see the suspects hands move in a threatening manner. it looks like he was grabbing for a weapon

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Not clicking that

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ROFLburger posted:

Not clicking that

thanks for the update. keep us posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
lol holy poo poo he did have his hands up before they shot him relentlessly.

• Locked thread