Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

remusclaw posted:

The world is not binary, The bad may have good ideas, and the good may have bad. Master of Ceremonies sounds OK, if still a little pompous.

just LOL if you don't call yourself a hollyhock god for every game you master and also in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
It's october already in my heart.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Getsuya posted:

I played a bunch of Japanese tabletop RPGs in Japan and I was all starry-eyed with the idea of taking a bunch of the books back and starting up a small group here in my new town to try out the systems. We would meet once a month and try out a one-shot on a different system, the month between giving me time to translate enough of the system that they picked for character creation and then the rest of the rules I would explain verbally as we played. I figured it would be a pretty easy thing to do. Sadly I've been here for about a month, posted up ads in the various roleplayer hangouts/various local messageboards/even Craigslist and out of the 4 people I would need I've gotten all of 1.

At this point I'm about ready to give up and just make a group with 4 goons and do it over Skype instead, sacrificing meeting actual people in real life to actually being able to do this an justify the hundreds I spent on getting together a collection of Japanese RPG books.

I would be very interested in this.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Hey why the hell has nobody made the october thread over a week into the month?

• Locked thread