Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

My best gaming experience so far this year was a FATE game about crazy races all sharing an archipelago world that didn't really get far off the ground because people stopped posting.

I wish I had more gaming experiences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

From what I have heard it wasn't DTRPG that did this, it was the publishers.

E: remote the product, that is.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Sep 2, 2015

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

So I heard that a setting I hear from time to time called Glorantha has apparently the best lore since Middle Earth; I would like to check it out, what would you recommend? For now I've been reading the Prince of Sartar webcomic:
http://www.princeofsartar.com/

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Incredibly enough, my old Ipad whose software I can no longer update beyond 5.something can just barely contain this game. Surely this is a good omen.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

If you think about it, Dungeon Master is probably the worst of the bunch. Sounds like an amateur BDSM enthusiast.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Is Dorian Gray, technically, a lich?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Can someone explain to me why is Felicia Day so disliked?
I only follow Geek and Sundry on Youtube, wherein she is sort of bratty but still plenty of fun, and know that she apparently once mentioned how worried she felt upon seeing two guys wearing gaming t-shirts that they might belong to the Movement Which Shall Not Be Named. Is there anything else?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Maybe they mean "tell us what we are doing wrong instead of shouting that this is garbage or triggers you"? But if that was the case they could have just said "constructive". I don't know if I trust these guys enough to give them the benefit of the doubt.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 14, 2015

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

The concept of GOTY is frankly kind of stupid. Different games are good for different audiences, and gaming covers so many different audiences nowadays that it makes no sense to declare one game superior to everything else.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Witchers are pretty much Gary Stu dick bags so it's a shades of gray dick bag story as opposed to a broader, open ended story. The writer of the Witcher is the Polish love child of George R.R. Martin and R.A. Salvatore.

I agree that Salvatore's characters really are kind of Gary Stu-ish, but I don't think Martin's are. Unless you meant to say that his characters are dick bags, which is true for at least half of them.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

WhyIthinkRPGsAreValuable.txt

We really need aomething like this in opposition to grognards.txt

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Everyone needs to calm the fudge down for a minute.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Okay, so you believe that some other prejudice is at play in these forums. Now we are getting somewhere. I don't know where that somewhere is but we are getting there.

What sort of prejudice do you feel are unjustly tolerated here?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I am not equipped to handle a discussion like this at 1 am. I'll read your post again in the morning and see if it makes sense then.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

There is a Fate thread that covers that as well, since it is powered by Fate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

This might be worth looking into. What's it called?

• Locked thread