Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Covok posted:

It's September now. It's still hot. It's still humid.

Why not cool off by hiding in your house, behind your computer, yelling about elfgames?

To start things off, why not a quick discussion on your best gaming experience this year, so far?

I am torn between two experiences and SURPRISE ONE OF THEM IS ABOUT YELLING AND ELFGAMES

1. 13th Age skype game! Our party is a group of Imperial mail carriers looking into THE MYSTERY OF gnomes or w/e the gently caress stealing all the mail. As we're walking into kobold town or wherever with designs on FINALLY GETTING TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS MYSTERY, I turn a remark from one of the other party members into an excuse to go on this breathless, whimperingsobbing rant (I don't remember how it started, but I remember lots of me gasping and shuddering and fake-crying and i think the words YOURE NOT EVEN MY REAL MOM I GUESS YOU JUST WANT TO SELL ME TO THE CIRCUS coming up she was not my character's mom) that eventually gave way to my genderweird goblin bard slash con woman and the ageless dark-elf graverobber who wrote chaste shoujo-ai fic of the Priestess having a TEARFUL RECONCILIATION while the other party members sneak into a storeroom containing a sack of stolen mail that was guarded until, uh....

The GM stammers out something about how he was just going to make us roll a background to sneak in.

2. I'm in this Monsterhearts game, and it's one of my best PBP experiences both on the whole (it didn't die in like a month! There are a bunch of people on SA who are lovely or Weird About MH and none of them are in this game! I'm legit having a lot of fun writing my character!) and 'cos a few months back an encounter I literally waited eight months for happened and ~character development~ and RPing fallout and messy complicated feelings and aaaaaaaaaa

It's also the first game i've been in that actually lasted more than eight months. A-and Kprime's a swell GM. So, y'know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Winson_Paine posted:

I CAN TASTE PISS

i can't think of any good pee puns and it's making me feel a little pisspirited :(

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

SNORTS A LINE OF FINELY SHREDDED ELFGAME PAGE

"ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhghghghgghfuck that's the good stuff" i muse to myself before dressing up like an ethereal faerie princess and flipping over a cop car in a terrifying blur of wonder and whimsy and cocaine-fueled rage

a bloodcurdling scream escapes my lips as the few surviving onlookers stare, frozen and horrified

"that's like five xp right"

"does eoris have xp"

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

at first i was like haha that's funny and also kind of vicariously embarrassing but with the mental illness and drug abuse stuff it's just kind of depressing :ohdear:

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Serf posted:

E-even Portable Ops? Ghost Babel? Ac!d? Have mercy!

am i like Defective or something if i genuinely kinda liked Ghost Babel and the Ac!d games

portable ops was trash tho

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

after looking marionette owl up on the wiki 'cos it's been like a decade since i actually played ghost babel i am kind of torn between wanting to just be like 'wellllllllllllllll sploosh' and uh

'what the poo poo metal gear wiki'

'why do you keep saying feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemales instead of women'

'what is THE GAME BOY DEMOGRAPHIC and why would this androgyne dollperson who is also an owlperson who is also an anime-haired blue space goth or w/e who kills feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemales they like a bunch to strip 'em for parts like an old beater and make POSTHUMOUS PUPPET PALS appeal to ~~~~THE GAME BOY DEMOGRAPHIC~~~~~'

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

giiiiiiiiiiiiirl if u lookin for qts u best look in the mirror :wink:

or in a game boy screen in bright light that's kind of like a mirror iguess

also THE METAL GEAR EXPERIENCE can be condensed into 'david hayter has rambling homoerotic robot adventures then wants to kill himself the end'

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

i think u mean

kaz the moenotaur

sorry not sorry

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

PublicOpinion posted:

To be fair, if you walk around the side of the building, she's in a room that doesn't physically exist, and there's the tape in Ground Zeroes where the guy is "yeah to fit the bomb we removed several organs she needs to live, she's got 24 hours max".
wellllllllllllllll i will never not be glad i didn't loving listen to the tapes in ground zeroes

also hallucination or no, that entire subplot in tpp feels weird and pandery and creepygratuitous in a way i'm not entirely sure how to articulate other than 'nooooooooooooope'

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

yeah no i know about The Thing with chico and paz and Ghoul Zorro let's maybe not talk about that bc it's gross

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

look at all these fuckin bad opinion havers

the TRUE GOTY 2015-2016 is obviously Ittle Dew 2: Ittle Dew Harder

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

paradoxGentleman posted:

The concept of anything other than Ittle Dew 2: A Machine for Pigs being GOTY is frankly kind of stupid. Different games are good for different audiences, and gaming covers so many different audiences nowadays that it makes no sense to declare one non-Ittle Dew game superior to everything else. Quite simply, Ittle Dew.

fixed for u

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

oh oh maybe one of the factions is a bunch of suddenly unemployed weather channel reporters calling themselves "stormfront"

too subtle?

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

ettin: FRIEND TO MURDERERS??????????? OR JUST MURDERERS OF GOOD TASTE

also aaaa plague of hats that's p. heartwarming

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

SunAndSpring posted:

People who get mad at Plutonis and Effectronica are sad people who I don't wish to speak to.
ah yes if only we opened our hearts to I'm A Gimmick Poster And My Gimmick Is Racism Guy and an abrasive weirdo

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Bedlamdan posted:

No, I mean that's literally what I was told later on. You said to him: "I'm in a bad mood and that's all the justification I need." I don't know if it's true that's why you banned him or not, but I can't really be mad if it was, it's a private channel.

Sarpkowski is a hack, yeah, but I think the games' writers were able to tell good stories with the characters and the setting they were given.
for someone who claims to think bwf bans are meaningless you sure can't let poo poo go haha

Serf posted:

I swear when I find the guy who keeps putting up those anime posters on my Mother Base I am gonna throw him overboard. I'll bet its Huey. Its Huey isn't it? gently caress Huey.
the answer will be revealed in my new thread, "[Ask] me about my Phantom Pain AU where Quiet and Ocelot's models got swapped and Ocelot really loving likes Weird Anachronistic War Criminal Idolmas"

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

look at this fuckin bad opinion haver

quiet moving and acting like d-dog and soaking up War Criminal Solidarity Tummyrubs or w/e and occasionally pulling an electric knife out of her bikini top to shank ppl but in a cuddly nonlethal way is basically ~MY FURSONA~ and also amazing

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Effectronica posted:

Yeah, nothing hosed up about treating women like animals.
idk i wouldn't really argue with getting treats and walks and pettings and a comfy doggy bed shaped like mother base and a little d-walker chew toy that i sniff at once and then ignore forever because so dulllllllllllllllll

for some reason i can't bring myself to care about using or upgrading d-walker when i have cute murderpuppy and cool+slightly embarrassing gal pal

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Bedlamdan posted:

D-Dog I raised you better than this. I'm your puppy-daddy and you are grounded young hound :(

nnnnnnnnnnnnnope

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Evil Sagan posted:

otoh pet play is extremely the poo poo

i KNOW RIGHT

Elfgames posted:

It's october already in my heart.
is this one of those double leap years where we just skip over the second half of september because who cares

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Serf posted:

I actually don't know, but it would make sense. You move pretty drat fast when sprinting. I never get tired of six million dollar manning dudes from out of nowhere with the sprint + bionic arm.
real talk I kind of want to get the precision/mobility upgrades so I can run (and reload and crawl and etc.) faster but ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh snake

like i like kiefer sutherland but ever since i found out how to deploy as whoever you want i can't not play TPP as the batshit adventures of Judy the perpetually blood-drenched Horse  Island President-for-Life and Quiet, Best Gal Pals

meanwhile i guess i found Peak Blue Rose dot jpeg and it is AMAZING

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

wait can you not rank up yr soldiers past A/A+ or something

speaking of flaming, i am sorely disappointed i haven't literally found soldiers named FIRE WHALE yet

really i'm disappointed with a lot of mgs5 but THAT MORE THAN ANYTHING UGH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

best of luck with the livegame thing, but if it doesn't work i'm totes interested in a skypething too because i'm a huge weeb

• Locked thread