Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
there was never a peak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I still believe that the Impact Crow was the best thing to happen to TNA.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Vinnie Verhei being really really mad about how fat Chris Harris was when he came back for a program with Storm is probably my favorite TNA moment.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
I will acknowledge that Don West was bad in the announcer role, but I still loved him it the announce booth. He was better as a heel, but I still loved his riduculous overexaggerated calls like AWWWWWWW YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! and when a face gets screwed he would just go WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Why are we trying to find a peak in a sinkhole, again?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The Eric Young Goes To Hollywood segments are my second favorite TNA 'actually good' thing right behind the Flair-Off that has already been posted

Those two things were legitimately funny and entertaining. I don't remember anything else being good. Wait I'll add anything Scott Steiner does and Joseph Park.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DynamiteKidd posted:

My favorite thing is the spiel about drawing money and putting asses in seats when TNA doesn't and didn't sell tickets -- Impact tapings were free to attend because it was a theme park attraction, there's no extra cost to get into the Impact Zone once you've paid admission for Universal Studios.

So like Hogan's fascination with the idea that nobody but him has ever drawn money and that these young guys can't draw... like this is a scenario where it's utterly inapplicable because nobody draws money from ticket sales in TNA. And incidentally TNA has had a harder and harder time even getting people to see their shows for free ever since Hogan came in.

There was no cost to attend TNA tapngs in Universal period, you didn't need a ticket to the park.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

The Kins posted:

Styles/Daniels/Joe is the Mauna Loa of TNA.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

DynamiteKidd posted:

Vinnie Verhei being really really mad about how fat Chris Harris was when he came back for a program with Storm is probably my favorite TNA moment.

Any episode in particular?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

dsriggs posted:

Any episode in particular?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnwj-w8yfs

It is a good rant.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

The Kins posted:

Speaking of holes.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
TNA was legitimately decent from like 2005-7. On average, a bit worse than WWE programming. There was tons of poo poo in there, but also some remarkable high points like Joe-Styles-Daniels, Scott Steiner owning, early-TNA Kurt Angle, and of course Shark Boy.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I always thought they were good for a 3 month period in 05, got worse in 06 and then 07 was one of the worst years for them ever.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

KungFu Grip posted:

there was never a peak

Scott Steiner's peaks.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

HulkaMatt posted:

I always thought they were good for a 3 month period in 05, got worse in 06 and then 07 was one of the worst years for them ever.

Angle signing in 2006 was the peak of TNA, and then it started going downhill with the signing of every WWE reject they could get their hands on. TNA at that point also had to compete with WWECW and homegrown guys like Monty Brown being scooped up by WWE.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

The Eric Young Goes To Hollywood segments are my second favorite TNA 'actually good' thing right behind the Flair-Off that has already been posted

Those two things were legitimately funny and entertaining. I don't remember anything else being good. Wait I'll add anything Scott Steiner does and Joseph Park.

What about the Paparazzi Productions stuff with Alex Shelley and Nash

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Aesop Poprock posted:

What about the Paparazzi Productions stuff with Alex Shelley and Nash

This is the truth.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
This is my favorite promo in TNA history.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

EugeneJ posted:

Angle signing in 2006 was the peak of TNA, and then it started going downhill with the signing of every WWE reject they could get their hands on. TNA at that point also had to compete with WWECW and homegrown guys like Monty Brown being scooped up by WWE.

signing angle should have been the peak but then they rehired Vince Russo and rushed the Angle/Joe feud and pissed it all away in record time

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

signing angle should have been the peak but then they rehired Vince Russo and rushed the Angle/Joe feud and pissed it all away in record time
"Pissed it all away in record time" is the theme of TNA. When they had the opportunity to push the Knockouts to the moon, "The boys in the back" got jealous of how much attention they were getting and then Bubba the Food Sponge came in, started a fight with Awesome Kong, lost, and then had her fired.

They also had probably one of the best Tag-Team divisions in wrestling at one time with The Young Bucks/Beer Money/Motor City and instead of expanding that and getting American Wolves & Briscoe Bros or even just for ONE TIME copying the WWE and putting those 3 into the next Dudley/Hardy/E&C TLC feud they fizzled out so quick.

For the longest time TNA had every chance in the world to succeed, having both the best roster and being the only compelling alternative to the WWE at the time while still on national TV, and they loving blew it

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

HE

SOLD

FOR

THE

GOD

drat

BIRD

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I honestly and truly wish WWE can get the TNA library because I just want to experience the madness. There was that thread that went over in detail all the weekly PPVs but it sadly sorta ended after the 4th one. I really want to go from start to finish and learn about it all. Like, even when it started there was a homophobic tag team? Another tag team that dressed as actual dicks? There was a vaguely racist angle involving NASCAR drivers?

It sounds insane.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Sep 12, 2015

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

OldTennisCourt posted:

I honestly and truly wish WWE can get the TNA library because I just want to experience the madness. There was that thread that went over in detail all the weekly PPVs but it sadly sorta ended after the 4th one. I really want to go from start to finish and learn about it all.

Grab some snacks and tell everyone you're incommunicado tonight

http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=LOLTNA_History

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

DynamiteKidd posted:

It's the south, Hermie Sadler was a face for calling black people uncivilized

edit: and Joel Gertner was a heel for saying you shouldn't hassle gay people for being gay

Gertner was in TNA!?!?!?!?

I mean I love Gertner, but what's Gertner with him being censored or not able to say what he would when was in ECW?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Mob posted:

Thank you for this :allears:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Flameingblack posted:

"Pissed it all away in record time" is the theme of TNA. When they had the opportunity to push the Knockouts to the moon, "The boys in the back" got jealous of how much attention they were getting and then Bubba the Food Sponge came in, started a fight with Awesome Kong, lost, and then had her fired.

Yeah but Bubba the Love Sponge got knocked the gently caress out by Mick Foley, the nicest guy on the planet.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

syzpid posted:

Gertner was in TNA!?!?!?!?

I mean I love Gertner, but what's Gertner with him being censored or not able to say what he would when was in ECW?

I know he was at some PPV of theirs where they brought back a bunch of ECW alumni.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://youtu.be/UmpR-p212vg

TNA looked really good at one point. I remember how excited I was the first time that I saw this.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
TNA Red Shirt Security vs Black Shirt Security was a feud the likes of which the world hadn't seen since Wolfpac vs nWo Hollywood.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

DJExile posted:

I know he was at some PPV of theirs where they brought back a bunch of ECW alumni.

He was at one of the earliest weekly PPVs as the manager for the Rainbow Express

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

TNA's peak was having female cage dancers on their weekly PPV shows. They seemed to focus on one in particular (I think her name was Lollipop). This would culminate in a few weeks with her top being ripped off in the middle of the ring. Announcers blew their load over nipples being shown.

It was never mentioned again.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

TNA's peak was having female cage dancers on their weekly PPV shows. They seemed to focus on one in particular (I think her name was Lollipop). This would culminate in a few weeks with her top being ripped off in the middle of the ring. Announcers blew their load over nipples being shown.

It was never mentioned again.

It may have never been mentioned again but it meant they lost their UK television contract immediately and were off the air there for like a year.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Good TNA: When Styles, Daniels, and Joe were beating the poo poo out of each other so much that they opened a show with the three of them already beating the poo poo out of each other because they couldn't wait for the production crew to get set up.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Mob posted:

This is incredible.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Akileese posted:

94,000 fans and the 700lb giant. Holy gently caress.

This should be the unironic peak of TNA http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5acti_scott-steiner-maths_sport

A better, illustrated version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFoC3TR5rzI

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Flameingblack posted:

They also had probably one of the best Tag-Team divisions in wrestling at one time with The Young Bucks/Beer Money/Motor City and instead of expanding that and getting American Wolves & Briscoe Bros or even just for ONE TIME copying the WWE and putting those 3 into the next Dudley/Hardy/E&C TLC feud they fizzled out so quick.

For the longest time TNA had every chance in the world to succeed, having both the best roster and being the only compelling alternative to the WWE at the time while still on national TV, and they loving blew it

Remember when they re-debuted Jeff Hardy with a run-in after a clusterfuck of an Asylum match on their first live Monday Night Impact? One of the hottest stars from WWE, immediately squandered and misused.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
That was so half-assed too. Of course in theory Jeff Hardy is an X-Division star, he's a huge risk taker and was known for his TLC and Ladder matches. But I don't think Jeff spent hardly any time actually in the X-Division so what was the goddamn point

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
So impact is staying?

How the gently caress is this company still alive?

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

fart blood posted:

So impact is staying?

Dark Magics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

fart blood posted:

So impact is staying?

millions of dollars

millions of dollars

millions of dollars

• Locked thread