Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
someone else managed to snag the good spot in front of the building when the moving truck left :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Sharkie posted:

you know, like, a good guy? cool and nice and did good things. like how nero was not a good guy, but the opposite

he rebuilt a destroyed Rome, established public police and firefighters, ended a century of civil wars, established buffer states on the frontiers, expanded the road systems, reformed taxation, and ushered in 200 years of prosperity, gave free money to hundreds of thousands of people, and in general tried to be a model of republican virtue

on the other hand he invented the praetorian guard, was power-hungry, cruel to his opponents (where Caesar was legendary for his mercy) and ruthless in his ambition for unlimited power and subsumed an oligarchical "republic" into a monarchical state

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Disinterested posted:

I suspect we'll be getting thin by 2015

not to be a downer about my colleagues in the world of prehistory but do you know how loving speculative that poo poo is
eh, there's got to be at least something notable to mention

although past 2000 BCE all I could find were the Ur–Amorite wars, which were cool and I'd like to know more about now

Also 20 pages of posts last chat thread:cool:

E: 4 BCE:
The Governor of Syria, Publius Quintilius Varus, assembles three of his four legions, including Legio X Fretensis, and marched down to Jerusalem from Antioch to restore order. He crucifies 2,000 Jewish rebels.

Wow, not much has changed huh?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

SedanChair posted:

chat thread ur pace...has slackened

no amount of anime is going to make up for zouxposts

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Luigi Thirty posted:

he rebuilt a destroyed Rome, established public police and firefighters, ended a century of civil wars, established buffer states on the frontiers, expanded the road systems, reformed taxation, and ushered in 200 years of prosperity, gave free money to hundreds of thousands of people, and in general tried to be a model of republican virtue

on the other hand he invented the praetorian guard, was power-hungry, cruel to his opponents (where Caesar was legendary for his mercy) and ruthless in his ambition for unlimited power and subsumed an oligarchical "republic" into a monarchical state

also a dweeb on a personal level it seems, though it's hard to tell when you're dealing with the vicious and gossping harpies of roman history

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
i am curious if other dad chatters spend time sitting around a table pretending to be thinly veiled Tolkien ripoff a

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Dreylad posted:

Also MIGF spent a lot more time probated last chat thread than chat thread before that

never underestimate the shitposting power of MIGF

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The box wine of chat threads

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

euphronius posted:

so simultaneously underrated but still bad

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

LorrdErnie posted:

i am curious if other dad chatters spend time sitting around a table pretending to be thinly veiled Tolkien ripoff a

what, like you sit around and pretend you're an upper class white male conservative intellectual in 1950s Britain?

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

LorrdErnie posted:

i just write mine

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

the trash can looks like a toilet

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

fischmeched

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

icantfindaname posted:

aren't lots of the arabs in dearborn christian?

in that case, "we will be bombing centerville little kabul, fremont in 3...2...1..."

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

euphronius posted:

The md 20/20 of chat threads

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Rodatose posted:

put migf on ignore and stop posting about them.

they will be probated and banned as nature takes its course, you just have to be patient

Then Ralp said, “The outcry against My Imaginary GF is so great and their sin so grievous that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know.”

The posters turned away and went toward D&D, but Rodatose remained standing before the Ralp. Then Rodatose approached him and said: “Will you sweep away the good with the bad? What if there are fifty posters that like MIGF? Will you really sweep it away and not spare him for the sake of the fifty posters? Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the good posting with the bad , treating the good and the bad alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge of all the forums do right?”

The Ralp said, “If I find fifty posters that like MIGF, I will spare him for their sake"

Then Rodatose spoke up again: “Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the admin, though I am nothing but dust and ashes, what if the number of the posters is five less than fifty? Will you destroy MIGF for lack of five people?”

“If I find forty-five,” he said, “I will not destroy him.”

Once again he spoke to him, “What if only forty are found?”

He said, “For the sake of forty, I will not do it.”

Then he said, “May Ralp not be angry, but let me speak. What if only thirty can be found?”

He answered, “I will not do it if I find thirty.”

Rodatose said, “Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord, what if only twenty can be found?”

He said, “For the sake of twenty, I will not destroy him.”

Then he said, “May Ralp not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten can be found?”

He answered, “For the sake of ten, I will not destroy the worst loving poster on the forums.”

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

euphronius posted:

the man of the hour arrives

you missed the fun (read: misery) of Palmyra-chat

Also box wine is cool and good, like chat thread is cool and good

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i just write mine

this is on the same level as anime fans tracing fan-art of their favorite characters just FYI

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Disinterested posted:

so simultaneously underrated but still bad

reminder euph loves box wine

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

the major hillary email revelation was predictable, in hindsight

hillary is much more stupid than she is sinister

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

icantfindaname posted:

this is on the same level as anime fans tracing fan-art of their favorite characters just FYI

to be fair, mine is original universe

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

reminder euph loves box wine

liking bad things is euph's core identity

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Dreylad posted:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Disinterested posted:

what? are you talking about the "150 classified" emails that weren't classified when she sent/recv'd them

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Disinterested posted:

they will find another secret mail server, and on it will be proof that she personally strangled vilerat

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Luigi Thirty posted:

most importantly he was shitfucker moralist who believed the real problem with rome was women not knowing their place ruining the moral fabric of the nation

augustus was bad full stop

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

icantfindaname posted:

what, like you sit around and pretend you're an upper class white male conservative intellectual in 1950s Britain?

no but that actually sounds like a decently fun idea if you had a decent ruleset for it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

what? are you talking about the "150 classified" emails that weren't classified when she sent/recv'd them

no it was not knowing the current status of the gefilte fish

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
ew, why?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Raskolnikov38 posted:

He answered, “For the sake of ten, I will not destroy the worst loving poster on the forums.”

there are a lot worse posters outside of here. people who aren't a fake posting personality made to get under your skin

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

'efficient use of space'

'breaking society's taboos'

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lol, what did you use to make this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

UberJew posted:

most importantly he was shitfucker moralist who believed the real problem with rome was women not knowing their place ruining the moral fabric of the nation

augustus was bad full stop
so what you're saying is that nothing has changed in 2000 years

I look forward to knowing that the people in the year 4000 will be fighting the same poo poo we're fighting now
impressive:toot:

• Locked thread