Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
It's me I'm the fucker who thought a fishing net would be a cool weapon for gladiatorial combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

whoflungpoop posted:

actually my favorite story about tiberius' time on capri from suetonius goes like this:

:reject: im tiberius, sitting on a rock on the shore by myself. i want to be alone because im a creepy loving goon.

:downs: hi emperor! im a fisherman and i just caught this :coolfish:. id like to offer it to u as a gift because ur totally cool.

:reject: I SAID I WANTED TO BE ALONE! Guards, take that fish and scrub that man's face with it as punishment for disrupting my goony solitude.

:histdowns: come here, rear end in a top hat [holds fisherman down, scrubs his face cheesegrater-like with the fish's rough scales]

:saddowns: ow! ow... good thing i didnt offer u this crab i caught too :v:

:reject: GUARRRRRDS!

:histdowns: come here again, rear end in a top hat [holds fisherman down, slices wounds into his face with crab claws]

sounds like that peasant got owned

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Fellbat posted:

It's me I'm the fucker who thought a fishing net would be a cool weapon for gladiatorial combat.

thats weird. im the fish hat

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

*joins the Vestal Virgins*
*has sex with a dude*
*is immediately buried alive*

:(

*Is richest man in Rome and possibly the history of the world*
*bangs Vestal Virgin for her property*
*goes to trial*
*defense is "I only wanted her property at below cost. Why would I tap that forbidden fruit?"*
*is acquitted*

Republican-era Roman scandals are the loving best. The whole political class is like a high school.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Sep 2, 2015

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
*wishes he was Greek instead of Roman*

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
*gently caress the wives of all my political opponents*
*wonder why I'm getting stabbed*

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
please vote for me to be dictator, I promise to kill all the powerful people that don't vote for me and split their assets up amongst the powerful people that do

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

so, i managed to clean out your wound with some boiling wine, but just in case, let's smear rat droppings inside.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

whoflungpoop posted:

all of the poo poo about what he did on capri come from lives of the 12 caesars by suetonius, who was born like 40 years after tiberius' death and personal details of which should be treated with :salt:

tiberius had a lot of legit reasons to be hated tho, not just character wise (he liked solitude and romans considered this creepy), but also for the fact that he was disliked by commons and senators alike while he was emperor for being a miser and an unlikeable sullen goon and a lovely shouldnt-have-been successor to a good emperor and passed thru a bunch of unpopular laws and had a thin skin for criticism and was paranoid and brought back the old treason trials (legal fronts to kill/exile/steal wealth from real or perceived political opponents) and finally went gently caress THIS poo poo and bounced for capri and left his corrupt brutal rear end in a top hat prefect sejanus in charge of rome to murderously gently caress poo poo up while he goonily sulked away on permanent vacation

its not impossible that he was a pervert as well as a mopey paranoid brutal rear end in a top hat, but lurid tales of sexual perversion were roman writers favorite and most commonly used tool for character assassination so v:j:v suetonius did seem to go out of his way to hatefuck tiberius particularly hard tho

Ur my gbs gf

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Breetai posted:

*gently caress the wives of all my political opponents*
*wonder why I'm getting stabbed*

*cucks caesar after crossdressing into the most sacred women's only event in rome*
*hauled to trial, where Caesar has every right as Pontiff to basically ask for and be given a death penalty for a political opponent*
*has caesar divorce his wife instead*

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
*looks at statue*

No no NO! Make my dick SMALLER!

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
So, a funny thing happened on the way to GBS...

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

hey justinian is now a good time-

*sees a ghost coming out of justinians head and his head spinning around in place*

nows not a good time i'll come back later

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
*ascends to Emperor*

hope I don't get stabbed or maybe poisoned by my own mom, well see ya!

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Calico Heart posted:

hey justinian is now a good time-

*sees a ghost coming out of justinians head and his head spinning around in place*

nows not a good time i'll come back later

that's a medieval roman you jackass

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

*gets molested*

man i loving love olives

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Okay, guys we're ready for this execution. Got the sack, the dog, the cat, the viper, the...wait, where's the loving Ape?

Goddamn it, Blutonus, if we're going to do this animal torture drowning death, we're gonna do it right.

Jesus Christ*, should have saved some of my slave money for a nice smart Greek, instead of just cute boys.

(*this is a guy I just heard of, I think his name makes a great swear word)

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Universe Master posted:

Okay, guys we're ready for this execution. Got the sack, the dog, the cat, the viper, the...wait, where's the loving Ape?

Goddamn it, Blutonus, if we're going to do this animal torture drowning death, we're gonna do it right.

Jesus Christ*, should have saved some of my slave money for a nice smart Greek, instead of just cute boys.

(*this is a guy I just heard of, I think his name makes a great swear word)

guards! seize this barbarian! he's trying too hard to appear Roman!

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
There is not an Eastern Empire or a Western Empire. There is only the Roman Empire.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Baracula posted:

thats weird. im the fish hat

Fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight!

C'mon. Please? I really love a good Retiarius vs. Murmillo.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
someone hit me in the head with an amphora and so i underwent brain surgery.

loving love me patron, he broughts some opium for mes when i done underwents it and paid fer it too

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

that's a medieval roman you jackass

Justinian spoke latin and ruled over rome and constantinople, gently caress you he's a proper ancient roman :colbert:

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp
We are Romans

The Empire never ended, OP

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Fish Cant Hold Gun posted:

We are Romans

The Empire never ended, OP

it ended when trotsky had the russian imperial family shot

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

TEAYCHES posted:

Russia fucks everything up. - an Ancient Roman

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
another reason to hate loving trots

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The romanovs weren't even tenuously Roman guys

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

*has vague knowledge of China*
*believes everything the Persians say about it*
*Persians do the same thing to the Chinese*

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

TEAYCHES posted:

that just ushered in the next empire

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
How to best make my financial legacy? I know I shall walk upon this via appia

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
*visits Temple of Bel in Palmyra"

This place is great! I bet it will stand forever!

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

whoflungpoop posted:

*is Livia*
*did it*

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

hemophilia posted:

The romanovs weren't even tenuously Roman guys

lmao this loving retard scrub denying the third rome.. idiot bitxh.

cyka

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Baracula posted:

lmao this loving retard scrub denying the third rome.. idiot bitxh.

cyka

The ottoman empire had a better claim and therefore so does its successor state Turkey

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

hemophilia posted:

The ottoman empire had a better claim and therefore so does its successor state Turkey
sorry dumbass but the roman empire is inseparable from the orthodox church. take your barbaric frank latin bullshit somewhere else

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

If you wanna go that route the Vatican still has a truer claim than orthodox patriarchs

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Away all Goats posted:

*gets molested*

man i loving love olives

eodem

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

hemophilia posted:

If you wanna go that route the Vatican still has a truer claim than orthodox patriarchs

so the third rome is russia, turkey, and also the holy roman empire so germany is also rome. nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

America too, and France.

• Locked thread