Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
why base a 90s cartoon off super old radio show/pulp novel mystery men like The Shadow and The Sandman? my dumb rear end didn't know what that poo poo was

th e voice acting was really good tho. I haven't seen the cartoon since i was a kid but i can still remember what everyone sounds like. Picture the voices that go with these characters:

(my favorite was the water dog sales guy)

now picture what darkwing's neighbors sound like. and that retard kid with the glasses who hung out with his daughter

Anyway, darkwing duck discussion itt. Please no ducktales erotic fanfic

edit: oh poo poo i forgot to include a poll

who was your favorite villain?

1. taurus vulva
2. water dog
3. negaduck aka niggerduck
4. the plant guy
5. toy guy pedophile
6. the chicken with the metal beak that sounded like jay leno
7. electric rat
8. walrus guy?
9. retard duck dinosaur???
10. grimdark future darkwing

a misanthrope fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Sep 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

homer simpson was the voice of the electric rat

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

homer simpson was the voice of the electric rat

oh poo poo how could i forget about him! he was my favorite! adding to op

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

there was a walrus guy too. tuskerkneeknee

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

there was a walrus guy too. tuskerkneeknee

i had to google it

to be honest i do not remember this character. Was his gimmick like he's the 1% or something?

also added grimdark future darkwing to op. that episode was awesome

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Let's get dangerous

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I always wondered if darkwing duck was related to scrooge mcduck, is it a bruce wayne/batman kind of deal or what? Im sure 8 year old me would know but I'm not sure anymore.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

PyPy posted:

Let's get dangerous

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

satanic splash-back posted:

I always wondered if darkwing duck was related to scrooge mcduck, is it a bruce wayne/batman kind of deal or what? Im sure 8 year old me would know but I'm not sure anymore.

I think launchpad and roboduck (gizmoduck?) are the only connection to ducktales, but who knows. Everyone is like someone's nephew or uncle in that universe

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
In Iron Man 3, why wasn't the code word to activate his remote armor "Blathering Blatherskites"?
A missed opportunity, IMO.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
i knew i had outgrown the disney afternoon when darkwing duck and gooftroop came out and i didn't get why anyone liked them

i was all about tailspin, duck tales, rescue rangers and gummy bears

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Applewhite posted:

In Iron Man 3, why wasn't the code word to activate his remote armor "Blathering Blatherskites"?
A missed opportunity, IMO.

that would blow my mind

edit:

a misanthrope fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Sep 2, 2015

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

A misanthrope posted:

I think launchpad and roboduck (gizmoduck?) are the only connection to ducktales, but who knows. Everyone is like someone's nephew or uncle in that universe

I don't think ducks were poor in any of those shows though. Are ducks a metaphor for rich people? I'm thinking, possibly.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

I don't think ducks were poor in any of those shows though. Are ducks a metaphor for rich people? I'm thinking, possibly.

Donald Duck is poor. He's an undesignated SN in the U.S. Navy.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

in duckberg all the black people are represented by beagle boys

the other dog is uncle scrooge's butler

lol

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Ahaha, this poo poo got pulled from TV in my country because some extremely thin-skinned parents thought it was too scary for kids and promoted violence.

So instead the TV channel broadcasted an old drama movie about a kid who hallucinates that his doll is alive and that a band of 40 armed cutthroats are breaking into his house to steal jewelry, because gently caress parents who think that animated shows are scary.

12-yo me was pissed off because it was a fun show.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

#waterdoglivesmatter

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

dorkwang gently caress heh

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

A misanthrope posted:

in duckberg all the black people are represented by beagle boys

the other dog is uncle scrooge's butler

lol

lol, thank you for that trip down memory lane.

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Dickweed Dork

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
Liquidator was like a G-rated T-1000. He was my favorite villain.

NigelsPoppet
Jul 22, 2015
Who gives a gently caress about human being pussy rear end ducks

motherfuckers should have been watching Project G.e.e.K.e.R.

Baby Town Frolics
Mar 21, 2008

It's like we've got each other's backs.
This was a good show when I was a kid. Didn't he have a sidekick?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Duck_King posted:

Liquidator was like a G-rated T-1000. He was my favorite villain.

OK I've spent some time today boning up on Darkwing and feel much more informed. Upon reflection the favorite villain question is a tossup between Liquidator (aka water dog) and Megavolt (aka electric rat) as fav villain. Mad sympathy for Megavolt and his quest to liberate all light bulbs from enslavement, but Liquidator talked like an infomercial all the time and traveled around with backup dancers who dressed like water bottles or crab ladies or whatever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhSRyda_tzI

Also gently caress that plant guy. Bushroot. He sucked.

Baby Town Frolics posted:

This was a good show when I was a kid. Didn't he have a sidekick?

Literal retard Launchpad McQuack

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

lilljonas posted:

Ahaha, this poo poo got pulled from TV in my country because some extremely thin-skinned parents thought it was too scary for kids and promoted violence.

where the gently caress do you live? afghanistan?

afduckistan?

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax
furry show

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

nah see i thought about that

i thought real hard about that

while ducktales and darkwing and rescue rangers might be to blame for some kids growing up to be furries, we can't blame the source material -- the creators didn't know any better back then

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

A misanthrope posted:

nah see i thought about that

i thought real hard about that

while ducktales and darkwing and rescue rangers might be to blame for some kids growing up to be furries, we can't blame the source material -- the creators didn't know any better back then

furries beat off to the one "mouse" woman mechanic thing from talespin

I liked gummy bears though, bouncing here and there and everywhere where

naem
May 29, 2011

All the ducks are "white" all the bad guy characters are a different (inferior) species, launchpad the tall athletic duck is working class and portrayed as an unintelligent clown, all female characters have exaggerated eye makeup and lipstick and wear pink, yes this was a good message for children

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

naem posted:

All the ducks are "white" all the bad guy characters are a different (inferior) species, launchpad the tall athletic duck is working class and portrayed as an unintelligent clown, all female characters have exaggerated eye makeup and lipstick and wear pink, yes this was a good message for children

have I got the cartoon show for u

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

furries beat off to the one "mouse" woman mechanic thing from

i think you'll find that if something exists in reality or imagination, there's someone out there beating off to it right now

who cares what other people do

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

naem posted:

see this is the kinda discussion i want to get into

Launchpad is a pelican, not a duck -- meaning his depiction as a retard could be speciest.

just like the "all dogs (black people) are criminals or servants" thing. Police locking up Beagle Boys left and right. Gunning unarmed Beagle Boys down in the street.

ducktales universe is hosed up

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

When there's trouble you call DW

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

A misanthrope posted:

see this is the kinda discussion i want to get into

Launchpad is a pelican, not a duck -- meaning his depiction as a retard could be speciest.

just like the "all dogs (black people) are criminals or servants" thing. Police locking up Beagle Boys left and right. Gunning unarmed Beagle Boys down in the street.

ducktales universe is hosed up

redwall did it first i think

having tard species that are all bad guys by nature

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

redwall did it first i think

having tard species that are all bad guys by nature

i keep hearing good things about those books but never read em

think they're too kiddy or whatever for an adult to enjoy? because i might pick them up

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

A misanthrope posted:

i keep hearing good things about those books but never read em

think they're too kiddy or whatever for an adult to enjoy? because i might pick them up

No, they're pretty well done. There are kids books that are short like kids books are, but the novels are often geared towards young adults. Except there is an evolution in how anthropomorphic the animals are. In the latter books they are generally more humanlike than the former.

But yeah, "people" get killed and poo poo in them. But I guess nothing Game of Thrones hardcore.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

No, they're pretty well done. Except there is an evolution in how anthropomorphic the animals are. In the latter books they are generally more humanlike than the former.

But yeah, "people" get killed and poo poo in them.

are weasels the bad guys in those books?

what other species are always portrayed as bad guys in entertaiment? don't get me started on the racist hyena caricatures in Lion King

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
was the bear pilot from tailspin meant to literally be Baloo from jungle book or did he just happen to look exactly like him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
all the bears look the same to me

• Locked thread