Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

quote:

A controversial US court clerk who has cited “God’s law” while refusing to issue same-sex marriages licenses has herself been married four times, it has been revealed.

Rowan County courthouse clerk Kim Davis has defied a US supreme court order demanding she issue marriage licenses to couples – both gay and straight – at her office in Kentucky.

Davis, who was only elected clerk last fall, has publicly claimed her duty to God overrides the law of the United States.

“I never imagined a day like this would come, where I would be asked to violate a central teaching of Scripture and of Jesus Himself regarding marriage,” Davis said in a statement.

“To issue a marriage license which conflicts with God’s definition of marriage, with my name affixed to the certificate, would violate my conscience.”

But records obtained by the Guardian show Davis has been divorced three times before she “surrendered” her life to religion, which she said happened four years ago. “Divorce is rare,” according to a website on the Apostolic Christian religion, which Davis follows.

“I am not perfect,” Davis said. “No one is. But I am forgiven and I love my Lord and must be obedient to Him and the Word of God.”

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/02/kentucky-clerk-kim-davis-divorced-three-times?CMP=fb_gu

This bitch is just mad that gay dudes are more likely to stay married than she ever has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
love is a battlefield

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Hell is for children.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

who gives a flying gently caress

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

quote:

Records obtained by the Guardian show Kim Davis has been divorced three times before she ‘surrendered’ her life to religion four years ago

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

CuteJen96 posted:

who gives a flying gently caress

probably the people that want the marriage licenses

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

Node posted:

People who ask that are probably Ron / Rand Paul Ryan supporters.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Bitch "surrendered" because nobody would love her except Jesus.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

People who ask that are probably Ron / Rand Paul Ryan supporters.

Kanye 2020

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within

The Goatfather posted:

Records obtained by the Guardian show Kim Davis has been divorced three times before she ‘surrendered’ her life to religion four years ago

lel pussy so bad the only person who'll take it is jesus.

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape
Born Again Christians are the worst

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

Ben Smash posted:

Kanye 2020

Would be a great 3rd black president.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Dumbass old redneck Jesus lady angry at them gays news at eleven.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Node posted:

that's what they get for living in a shithole like rowan county kentucky get bent queers go live someplace better

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

religion: surrender or we'll shoot
horrible lady: don't ever get angry at a man for stating the truth.-atlas shrugged

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Ben Smash posted:

Bitch "surrendered" because nobody would love her except Jesus.

I bet it hurts Jesus' feelings that he wasn't even in her top 3. The son of God got friend-zoned by a toe-faced woman. Then she finally settles for him, and he takes her back like a scrub.

I guess what I'm saying is fundies are so hosed up that they manage to make even their imaginary relationships unhealthy.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

She is going to be held in contempt of court tomorrow, also probably going to get her pants sued off in civil court, I only hope that the idiots that support her don't give her enough money that isn't living on ramen for the rest of her life.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im gay married

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

she's also going to be seen as a martyr to the cause and get a poo poo load of donations from the evangelical right

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

we did it guys. we found someone worse than 3 olives

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

Would be a great 3rd black president.

Who's the second? Joe Biden?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
power tripping courthouse clerk what else is new

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Bokito posted:

CuteJen96 posted:

she's also going to be seen as a martyr to the cause and get a poo poo load of donations from the evangelical right

Looking for that fundie pay day.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

As a Christian, I say fire this bitch for not doing her job. Err, I mean find other employment for this undeveloped soul if she doesn't start doing her duties properly after one warning re the consequences for continued disobedience. I will pray for this loving homophobe cow poor misguided woman.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

She's a oval office who should die of AIDS

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I mean, like, what is she hoping to accomplish here? Will her actions alone repeal a Supreme Court decision?

"Hm, this bitchy lonely homophobe may be on to something..."

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
Bitch looks like a LOTR orc and an oompa loompa had an affair in tijuana.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Bokito posted:

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
Correction... Uruk-Hai.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

you are human dog poo poo

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Do these people really think if Jesus came back to life, he'd be pleased in any way with being associated with a hateful bigot?

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

dad gay. so what posted:

you are human dog poo poo

K

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Ben Smash posted:

I mean, like, what is she hoping to accomplish here? Will her actions alone repeal a Supreme Court decision?

The Supreme Court already told her to gently caress off, she is just bitch and also thinks she might get some of that sweet fundie money like those assholes that owned the pizza place.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

BigBadSteve posted:

As a Christian, I say fire this bitch for not doing her job. Err, I mean find other employment for this undeveloped soul if she doesn't start doing her duties properly after one warning re the consequences for continued disobedience. I will pray for this loving homophobe cow poor misguided woman.

You can't fire an elected official and you can't impeach them when the city council is also full of cousin loving morons that agree with her.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Three Olives posted:

The Supreme Court already told her to gently caress off, she is just bitch and also thinks she might get some of that sweet fundie money like those assholes that owned the pizza place.

Even Scalia said she should probably quit lol

Also apparently you can't just fire her, since she was elected, even if she refuses to to the job she was elected for in the first place

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Ben Smash posted:

Who's the second? Joe Biden?

Obama. Bill Clinton was the first

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

haljordan posted:

Also apparently you can't just fire her, since she was elected, even if she refuses to to the job she was elected for in the first place

She definitely won't have a job when they throw her into Club Fed for contempt of court.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

haljordan posted:

So, she's like, a libertarian or something?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Arian_Samurai posted:

So, she's like, a libertarian or something?

No just a worthless moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

Hobohemian posted:

You can't fire an elected official and you can't impeach them when the city council is also full of cousin loving morons that agree with her.

Remove all federal and state funding from that area. Close the schools, fire, and police departments and cut funding for DOT to do any work on the roads. Oh, and shut down the waste and sewer services too.

Killing towns is easy, fun, and profitable.

Vulnerabilities and susceptibilities are super neat. :3:

• Locked thread