Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Liberty University, the home of Christian Fundies and the slogan "ring by spring", has decided they want to stand out even more by building a 275 foot tower.

The Freedom Tower will be tallest building in Lynchburg Verginia and will be the home of their Divinity School

Liberty stated that

quote:

For us it will point heavenward and remind us that God really is the center of this campus," Ed Hindson, the LU Divinity School Dean said.

To add to the penis feelings of this overall structure, Falwell "groundblasted" the area today with students looking upon.

Falwell continued stating

quote:

“We stand for the freedom of the power of the Gospel. The power that will set you free from bondage to sin, to indifference, to an attitude of disappointment in life, frustration, and all of the problems that human beings face in life. These problems are set free by the power of salvation through the person of Jesus Christ,” he said. “Freedom is a message of truth that transforms an individual that not only forgives our sin, but changes us from within and makes us new creations.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

hopefully someone pulls a charles whitman on that thing

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
Wasn't The Tower of Babel something that you know?, kinda pissed the Christian god off?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
that's a dick

rounded tip and everything

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
god's dick is in lynchburg

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
lol, "Lynchburg"

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

FuriousGeorge posted:

lol, "Lynchburg"

There is also a Blacksburg nearby, and the name probably does come from what you think it comes from.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

AbbadonOfHell posted:

There is also a Blacksburg nearby, and the name probably does come from what you think it comes from.

at least blacksburg has an actual college

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer

AbbadonOfHell posted:

like to see that Little League rivalry

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I wonder how much secret closet jacking off goes on at that school

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

AbbadonOfHell posted:

Wasn't The Tower of Babel something that you know?, kinda pissed the Christian god off?

This is happening in America so God's cool with it since it's his favorite country.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Grimey Drawer
seriously though I'm considering attending LU to secure a position in the next administration

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
here's hoping someone flies a plane into it

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
a) cock
b) tower of babel?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

do you think the tower of babel story is about how god garbled the speech of men by putting his cock in their mouths?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

It's named after its founder, John Lynch, who was the ferryman at a nearby ford on the James.

I'm actually surprised it's not just named after some place in England, like so many other towns and cities in the original colonies are.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Harald posted:

here's hoping someone flies a plane into it

Nah I'm hoping it's built using shoddy Christian laborers and it topples over and spears Falwell right in the dick during a speech

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
do u like my penus

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

haljordan posted:

Nah I'm hoping it's built using shoddy Christian laborers and it topples over and spears Falwell right in the dick during a speech
or someone picks him off with a rifle the day it's finished

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004

nomadologique posted:

do you think the tower of babel story is about how god garbled the speech of men by putting his cock in their mouths?

Nah, he filled our mouths with holy water, we just don't know why it was white and salty.

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
Serious question, especially since the building in the picture in the OP looks flat. Is it a building or a tower? Going out of their way to call a building a tower seems like they're asking for it.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

it is a 275 foot tall cardboard cutout

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Liberty University, the home of Christian Fundies and the slogan "ring by spring", has decided they want to stand out even more by building a 275 foot tower.

The Freedom Tower will be tallest building in Lynchburg Verginia and will be the home of their Divinity School

Liberty stated that

To add to the penis feelings of this overall structure, Falwell "groundblasted" the area today with students looking upon.

Falwell continued stating

Some time in the distant future, Haji takes over, builds a mosque here and turns it into a minaret a la the Hagia Sophia.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Cock Tower.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I thought Jerry Falwell was dead.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I like that a university that created anti gay organization Liberty Counsel is talking about Freedom

:911:

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure Jesus would approve of the freedom tower

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

happyhippy posted:

Cock Tower.

At night it's spurtin'

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Deki posted:

I thought Jerry Falwell was dead.

His son lives on

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

His son lives on

A face not even Jesus could love.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

His son lives on

What a beautiful smile

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

wish god would come down and declare it babel the second and turn everyone who wanted it built non-white

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

they already put a 500-foot tall logo on a mountain that can be seen from half the city

Jerry Falwell Jr. must have a micropenis

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Proof that a good dildo can never be too big.

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

InterFaced posted:

Proof that a good dildo can never be too big.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
id suck that tower off

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

AbbadonOfHell posted:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
With this dick I will pierce the heavens!

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

God being upset at a city over giant penises only count if a butthole is involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
:flaccid:

• Locked thread