Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I watch others play video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
Angry Birds is pretty great. See, what you do is you take some birds, angry ones, and you shoot them at some pigs. I got 5 star ratings on every level so I guess I'm what you'd call a "hard core" gamer.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
adults should not have time for video games, lest they become like these fuckwads: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3739897

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
What is your favorite Presidential biography?

He wasn't a president, but I read a biography on Mao Zedong. It was like a trillion pages long, holy poo poo.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I usually only have time to play games when I'm sick. So maybe once or twice a year. The last game I played in earnest was borderlands 2.

whsa
Apr 24, 2008

starry skies above posted:

For instance, today after work I did what I was supposed to do as a responsible adult: I exercised. But after that, I was drained of energy and wasn't in the mood to game.

This has been the routine for months now.

do both

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect
hey OP

do you want an earnestpost response

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
well it's like 7:30pm and I need to go to the gym and eat, and get an early night so i can get to the gym at 6:30am tomorrow, but i'll be loving d*mned if I can't find an hour for playing computer games tonight. Will update with results. namaste

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
sometimes, OP, i go home after work then i play a videogame. thats how i do it

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

momerath posted:

lol if you find joy in children's toys

The only thing sadder than an adult playing games is an adult who thinks they're cool if they lie about playing games

I play games openly so I'm better than you

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

YOu know how some people make time to exercise because it benefits their life?

Same but with videogames.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

FordCQC posted:

hey OP

do you want an earnestpost response

I would like to read the serious post.

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN
Play games while you poop.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

oldpainless posted:

YOu know how some people make time to exercise because it benefits their life?

Same but with videogames.

I do both, sometimes I like to mix it up by watching an episode of a TV series I'm getting around to instead. Modern living!

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch
It ain't easy, OP, but if I didn't game then I wouldn't be able to tell people on the internet why the games they play suck.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
People don't have time to play video games anymore, instead they watch professionals play them.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
Are you calling me a child?

I'm a gamer, you loving bigot. gently caress YOU. I'm tired of being discriminated against because I liek to game.

*doxes starry skies above*

*calls in bomb threat*

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i have been granted a boon from my friend who can't see the film straight out of compting tonight so i will spend the time playing metal gear phantom instead and then i am going to kelowna for the long weekend so i probably wont get very far and when i return next week i will feel owned by those who have already "beaten" the game twice and declared it gay

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i barely have any time for video games which is why i only speedrun them

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I have no idea, the last time I had time for a video game was when I set aside two days to play Dragon Age Inquisition a week or so after it was out. It wasn't that fun and I wasn't able to do a lot of the stuff, then I forgot about it.

Haven't played a video game since. Sometimes I load up my favorite video game, Dragon Age II, but I only play parts I particularly like and then only for like 40 minutes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Arian_Samurai posted:

He wasn't a president, but I read a biography on Mao Zedong. It was like a trillion pages long, holy poo poo.

The Wilderness Warrior. Super great read.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I go to work in the morning and leave around 5 in the evening, arrive at the gym around 6, arrive home at like 7:30, then I do dinner and sit down and watch some HBO tv show or something for an hour, then I go to bed one hour later around 10

unless the game is like, super amazingly well received dont care at all about games anymore but even if i did care more about games theres no time in teh day to really get into it except on weekends and there's better stuff to do on weekends

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
It seems that the insatiable need for self valorisation of capital demands that the bourgeois parasite sucks the life and free time of his disenfranchised worker to such an extent that he can not even find time to enjoy his childrens' toys after his toil is done each day.
If you want to play more video games vote communist is what im saying.

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Arian_Samurai posted:

No, I don't actually read biographies of presidents, it's just something that I feel I should be doing instead of gaming.

Only biography I read about a US leader was Ron Chernow's masterful "Alexander Hamilton," which was a mesmerizing read and so gripping that it got turned into a musical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWO7VZl7iGA

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Serious post just don't pay any attention to professional sports. You have time to game and you won't be brainwashed into trucks, beer, and war.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

No, I don't actually read biographies of presidents, it's just something that I feel I should be doing instead of gaming.

Only biography I read about a US leader was Ron Chernow's masterful "Alexander Hamilton," which was a mesmerizing read and so gripping that it got turned into a musical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWO7VZl7iGA

Chernow's biography on Washington is also really good.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I gamed a lot after I moved and had no social life but now I have one and I really don't game much anymore. Too busy with the ladies

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Guys I work/commute for 12 hours a day how do adults have time for games?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im injured right now so im not riding so i might as well just get really drunk and take pain killers and play vids with my spare time or cook crazy things or tons of netflicks

no jerking off thought thats for THE DEVILS WORSHIPERS

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
I play a couple computer games every once in a while after dinner in the evenings. It's pretty easy. Work is over, cleaning up is over, exercising is over, kids have done their homework and gone to bed - play some lovely game online for a bit and then go to bed. Not complicated.

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

RaceBannon posted:

I play a couple computer games every once in a while after dinner in the evenings. It's pretty easy. Work is over, cleaning up is over, exercising is over, kids have done their homework and gone to bed - play some lovely game online for a bit and then go to bed. Not complicated.

"I have a job, life and family and I exercise :smuggo: "

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

"I have a job, life and family and I exercise :smuggo: "

Like almost everyone?

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
To all the little Eichmanns bragging in this thread about how much time they spend oiling the machines of oppression and death as if it were morally superior to spending time playing honest, wholesome video games: gently caress You.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The real solution?

Stop posting.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
I was of this opinion too but the recent Comcast thread showed me that goons have a need for 10+ gigabytes of bandwidth per day, so I guess there are adults whose life revolves around the computer/tv

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i play them at night after i finish doing important stuff OP it's relatively simple. i also smoke my weed then too for efficient relaxing

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

I was of this opinion too but the recent Comcast thread showed me that goons have a need for 10+ gigabytes of bandwidth per day, so I guess there are adults whose life revolves around the computer/tv

you still mad about other people having different internet use cases than you? ok.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I just take advice from the most adult thing I know, Star Trek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GbKUVK_Ct0&feature=youtu.be&t=154

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I would like to read the serious post.

not OP so

not sure if serious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Adults dont play videogames hth op

• Locked thread