Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Doctor Schnabel posted:

just lol if you have an so who knows wat you did in eq

baby, did I ever tell you about the time we woke the sleeper?

omg get in my pants right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
controllers get lost + tangled in my pubes

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

David Copperfield posted:

controllers get lost + tangled in my pubes

Stop sticking wiimotes up ur rear end/vagina

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Even when I find time, I'm usually too tired to play. I might play a couple of games a year now. Used to be a couple of games a month.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Adults don't play video games. Adults read box scores in old newspapers and replay entire baseball games in their minds.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Real men gamble on grey hound races

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Real men gamble on grey hound races

More like gay hound races lmao rekt

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
i usually manage to get about 20 hours of steam time per week

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I find that by not having sex with women, and also not doing the required exercising and grooming that would aid in that pursuit, I can have many hours to play video games.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Ch6N8QT00

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

the great deceiver posted:

while we are on the topic of adults and video games how do i get my loving drones to stop rioting without nerve stapling them in alpha centauri alien crossfire. tia
build some recreation common, or get a high police rating in social engineering to use garrison units to suppress drones you loving bitch

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

also dont play alien crossfire it was a lovely expansion, original alpha centauri w/ the original leaders or raus

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
i usually manage to get 260 steam hours per week of some good video gaming

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

i just bought Mad Max.

gonna be fun

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

big dig posted:

I am 35 years old with three kids and a career that involves about 1.5 weeks / month of business travel.

I get so much time to game that I'm about 1/3rd the way through Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and usually play enough to remember which button does what and then a kid falls or pukes or shits on something before I get bitched out from my wife for not spending enough time with her and when I do make time she's always on her fuycking phone and I just wanht to plant Uncharted for 1 loving hour and yes Laura I can watch the baby and play a video game, she just sits on the floor and drools and I dont give a gently caress that the tree people are suggesting another round of insecticidal soap, I am playing uncharted, you make a decision for one in your life!

i would legit kill myself

i might just kill myself anyway to make sure this is never me

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

A misanthrope posted:

i would legit kill myself

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Flocons de Jambon posted:

To all the little Eichmanns bragging in this thread about how much time they spend oiling the machines of oppression and death as if it were morally superior to spending time playing honest, wholesome video games: gently caress You.

this but unironically

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

TEAYCHES posted:

also dont play alien crossfire it was a lovely expansion, original alpha centauri w/ the original leaders or raus

i still only play as yang or maybe gaia, all the new characters suck. the pirate dude seems like he'd be cool in theory but in practice he's retarded and useless

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Withnail posted:

I got mass effect and was starting to play a little and then my wife was really a grown man playing video games, and I was all like I'm just killing some time, and she was all remember everquest. So I quit. *THE END

*It's not really the end because I play TETRIS when I poop

whats it like to be dead even tho you are still walking around?

what is it like to become a slave

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

lol at any goons who are like "my wife doesn't let me play video games"

just lol

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Well you see, I'd like to do the things I used to enjoy but my SO is emotionally needy and doesn't trust me to do anything in moderation.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Pro tip: Whiskey in apple juice.

Little fuckers are out for the count for hours.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

happyhippy posted:

Pro tip: Whiskey in apple juice.

Little fuckers are out for the count for hours.

good idea but i have a better one

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

When ever I feel down I watch this to make me feel better about myself cause I'm not this guy.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Basically give up on open-world stuff or sprawling rpgs or anything else that doesn’t have concrete segments that you can polish off in 30-60 minute chunks.  Those games used to be my jam but it’s just not satisfying to explore a bit and do part of a quest and rearrange your inventory a bit and then be like “ok well time for bed, maybe I’ll get to play this for 2-3 more hours by this time next week”.  Witcher 3 looks sick but I literally don’t forsee any period of time in my future where I can actually play it and enjoy it. Even if I did manage to get a lengthy game session in I wouldn’t be able to get another one for weeks.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
As an adult with responsibilities you only really get at most 3 hours a day to your hobbies so make them count.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Witcher 3s main story is so good that you'll forget there's side quests entirely

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

A misanthrope posted:

just lol

"I married this woman and she didn't know that I watched tv so no tv for me"

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

A misanthrope posted:

just lol

Wives will sometimes ban something the husband loves in order to test their power over them.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
op, you just read slow. try books on tape, because they let you game and read. the fact that you need this spelled out to you is exactly why you never have time to do the things you want. I bet if I was your life coach I would find a vulgar amount of inefficiency and once I did away with it, you would finally blossom like a happy flower in spring.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

A major turning point for me was when I thought I really enjoyed listening to podcasts while grinding poo poo in WoW, and then I discovered I actually just liked listening to podcasts and quit WoW.

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

i don't play video games because i'm a lazy sack of poo poo. i just watch people who are good at games play them for me now

plenty of time to do that and i have a full-time job.

yes, i am single.......

hey ladies :smug:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeJyorNbvWg

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I have a so I live with and she has been enjoying watching me wreck poo poo in MGS:TPP:AHKG*. We are both pushing 30 and live in a nice apt and eat good food and collect stupid poo poo like Lego and watch cartoons like Regular Show and the one with the Catbug in it.

We have no kids but DO have a cute Lhasa Apso (shaggy cut gently caress that long hair dog show poo poo) and also that $150 app driven droid from the new Star Wars.

Basically don't have kids.

*Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain: A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Wow your life is basically a completely filled out checklist of middling boring middle class.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

notZaar posted:

Wow your life is basically a completely filled out checklist of middling boring middle class.

Sorry we have a good time together and enjoy our lives?

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

bloodysabbath posted:

Sorry we have a good time together and enjoy our lives?

We like 'em sadder on this board.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It is insane how much money you can basically light on fire on a whim to fuel vacations and hobbies and it's still way cheaper than raising a kid.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Tender Bender posted:

It is insane how much money you can basically light on fire on a whim to fuel vacations and hobbies and it's still way cheaper than raising a kid.

We are actually going to Europe for 10 weeks in like 10 days. This is something we are able to do because we are child free and yet our parents wonder constantly why we haven't had kids yet. One of these days I want to tell them "Why yes I would love to give up the ability to travel the world and enjoy life in exchange for shuttling brats to practices, screaming, tantrums, babysitter fees, and worrying to death about poo poo like pregnancy, preschool, daycare and school districts. Cannot loving wait for that."

None of this is to be all "lol breeders lol crotchspawn" and take anything away from happy parents. Whole lot of people get joy from raising kids. But I feel about having kids like I've heard people talk about going to med school: make sure you really want it first because if you don't, you're going to be miserable and in a whole lot of debt.

bloodysabbath fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
The hoverwife

• Locked thread