Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Would you reregister if banned from Something Awful?
This poll is closed.
Yes 31 63.27%
No 18 36.73%
Total: 49 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
This can be a pretty fun place to kill time but at this point that $10 paywall is meaningless and keeps nobody out. Every motherfucker has $10 and a credit card these days. The content that gets posted here is pretty much indistinguishable from everywhere else. Go look at other medium-large forums and they're all pretty much talking about the exact same poo poo in the exact same way except they have their own memes and inside jokes.

There are people here that will just keep reregistering forever, no matter how they banned or why and I don't understand that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

:firstpost:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Idk maybe. I enjoy the same jokes over and over again as they never get old to me ("same", "im gay", "hosed up if true", where do you goons come up with this stuff?!), but maybe it'd be a liberating experience. Kind of like if a fire burned my house and all my poo poo.

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot
i'd just use one of my other accounts tbh

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Why do you have other accounts?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
No Maybe Option?

I dunno, I guess it would depend on why I got banned.

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Why do you have other accounts?

this one attracts trolls/haters all the time whenever i post outside gbs

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
Post some examples of those medium-large forums plz

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Here's one that is completely indistinguishable from GBS.

http://badforums.com/

I'm not just posting because of the name. It's actually the same forum and I suspect half of GBS posts there too.

reddit.com

Same poo poo you'll see here there's just with more people. gently caress, half of the stuff that gets posted here comes straight from there.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

indistinguishable, one thread in their main forum has one post since Monday. Are you trying to sell us your own website's bbforum?

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

My Q-Face posted:

No Maybe Option?

I dunno, I guess it would depend on why I got banned.

Same here. Usually the mods only ban the truly poo poo people or the really unfunny people

So I got about 3 months left.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I'be just registered with a new account, because the shame of a ban on my rap-sheet is too much to bear. Plus, Name changes are fun

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

My Q-Face posted:

indistinguishable, one thread in their main forum has one post since Monday. Are you trying to sell us your own website's bbforum?

I won't lie. I didn't go on an in depth fact finding mission about other forums.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Here's one that is completely indistinguishable from GBS.

http://badforums.com/

I'm not just posting because of the name. It's actually the same forum and I suspect half of GBS posts there too.

reddit.com

Same poo poo you'll see here there's just with more people. gently caress, half of the stuff that gets posted here comes straight from there.

these are not indistinguishable from SA

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I accidentally auto banned my self and I rereged. So yeah probably

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Help I got confused and typed in my password and ssn to badforums.com because it was completely indistinguishable from SA and now I'm locked out of the admin panel and my home

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
GBS = The rest of the internet !=The rest of the SA forums.

HTH

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Ralp posted:

Help I got confused and typed in my password and ssn to badforums.com because it was completely indistinguishable from SA and now I'm locked out of the admin panel and my home

run

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

I won't lie. I didn't go on an in depth fact finding mission about other forums.

I didn't know following your link to their forums list, then clicking one link in that list was "in depth". I didn't even read a post, but it kind of takes away from your proposal

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
I buy 5 spare accounts every payday so I have some ammo to burn through once I start shitposting really hard. Stocking up is just common sense

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Of course I would, this is the best forums on the internet and I'd miss posting with all my friends if I didnt rereg

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

My Q-Face posted:

I didn't know following your link to their forums list, then clicking one link in that list was "in depth". I didn't even read a post, but it kind of takes away from your proposal

No I mean that you were right to call me out on that forum being super dead because when I looked at it I didn't even notice the dates stuff was posted. I was just looking at the content.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Nooner posted:

Of course I would, this is the best forums on the internet and I'd miss posting with all my friends if I didnt rereg

im farting!n!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

LMBO did you do it on a bug??

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Ralp posted:

Well if you've somehow got your SA account connected to the locks on your doors you have noone to blame for that but yourself and probably radium.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Nooner posted:

LMBO did you do it on a bug??

yep and on a rug and i capturrd the fart in a mug!n

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
lol at anyone who answered "yes" because you're essentially telling Lowtax he can get a free :10bux: if he bans you for any reason.

Also lol at anyone who answers "no" because basically a mod who wants to get rid of you forever now knows he can.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Applewhite posted:

lol at anyone who answered "yes" because you're essentially telling Lowtax he can get a free :10bux: if he bans you for any reason.

Also lol at anyone who answers "no" because basically a mod who wants to get rid of you forever now knows he can.

Don't listen to this man he has no idea what he's talking about and is a liar.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Don't listen to this man he has no idea what he's talking about and is a liar.

well answer your own question then

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Kuato posted:

Idk maybe. I enjoy the same jokes over and over again as they never get old to me ("same", "im gay", "hosed up if true", where do you goons come up with this stuff?!), but maybe it'd be a liberating experience. Kind of like if a fire burned my house and all my poo poo.

hosed up if false.

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe
Since I will never be banned, this is a moot point.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Darth123123 posted:

well answer your own question then

Yes if. No but.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I got banned one time because I made fun of a list of movies some guy planning an Asian film festival was going to show in Cinema Discusso. Bad forum, bad old days.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yes but not for gbs

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I had to the other day cause the boy said I made an erotic post (I didn't )

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

George Zimmer posted:

why have you autobanned 3 times lmao

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
yes i have have been banned by lowtax and ralp and i keep coming back

don't be a quitter

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

George Zimmer posted:

i've been there (and i did)

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
if i got banned i'd have to call my mom and get her amex digits because no one would ever give me a credit card and i rarely have enough cash to buy a visa gift card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

A misanthrope posted:

yes i have have been banned by lowtax and ralp and i keep coming back

don't be a quitter

getting banned by lowtax is a badge of honor

• Locked thread