Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i'm asking for a friend but ah let me tell you this is the friend of friends with an air of mystery and a superiority exuding only from the most winsome face and now he has to wear a faggy 3/4 von dutch trucker hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirrors
Oct 25, 2007
Never, its a girls hat anyway.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Mirrors posted:

how long until girls are cool again

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
their back OP, start wearing them immediately

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
They are cool right now, op. I'm wearing one as I post.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Never fashion doesn't cycle back that far. We have the 60s-90s forever now. Maybe not even the 60s and 70s because I can't see flares making the brief comeback they did in the 90s again.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mirrors posted:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Cool again? That'd imply they stopped being cool.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i wear a codpiece shaped like a stag beetle

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Never fashion doesn't cycle back that far. We have the 60s-90s forever now. Maybe not even the 60s and 70s because I can't see flares making the brief comeback they did in the 90s again.

That thing about flares not coming back is lol b/c that's literally what's on tap for Summer 2016 at a lot of fashion houses.

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug
Once the grand kids of the people now in their 20s and 30s reach their 20s.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Real men wear derbies :colbert:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

This Jacket Is Me posted:

That thing about flares not coming back is lol b/c that's literally what's on tap for Summer 2016 at a lot of fashion houses.

We need to destroy civilisation. This is no way for humans to live.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Mirrors posted:

holy poo poo is this true lol

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Old people can wear fedoras just fine.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

guess what bitch

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
bowler hats are where its at

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Just wear one, but only if it looks good on you (not everyone has the face for a fedora) and only if you coordinate it properly with your outfit. A fedora will not magically turn your three-moon-wolf-shirt-jorts-sneakers ensemble into something cool and sophisticated.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Toadvine posted:

guess what bitch

that driveway is extremely win

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Mens' headwear, aside from baseball caps, haven't been cool since John Kennedy decided he'd like to get skin cancer, so it will take President It's a Trilby, Dammit to get hats back in vogue.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
you could wear a fedora or trilby or any formal hat if you pair it with an appropriate suit/dress wear (which you need to pair with your body type). you wont be in fashion but it will be stylish.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
This guy is cool, wears a fedora and has a bunch of friends:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4QBRgyitFs

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

LethalGeek posted:

Sort of. The fedora gets its name from the close-brimmed felt hat the Divine Miss Sarah Bernhardt wore in the 1882 play Fédora. Berhardt was well-known for cross-dressing, though, and often affected masculine styles even in her female roles (Fédora is a Russian princess in the play).

Fédora in her fedora

Besides, it's been a man's hat ever since Prince Edward of Britain started wearing it in the 1920s.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
I wear a pork pie hat like the rude boys of jamaica

Wouldn't be seen dead in a fedora - wide brims suck

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
We've reached the point where it's much cooler to wear a fedora than to make fun of it

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
You know the heat death end of the universe?
Well long after that when space is stretched so thin that quantum anomalies start to form, bubble and form spark of miniature clumps of gravity or contacted pockets of space time.
Then after a near eternity of this, all the small fluctuations have added up and finally reversed the expansion of the universe.
Then after the next near eternity again of the universe contracting again, back up and then finally one googol-eon it becomes a singularity again and explodes into a new universe.
Then after all this it happens another infinite times.
After all this......fedoras were never cool or be cool.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

This Jacket Is Me posted:

flares were around what, 10-15 years ago, they were called boot cut. What will never come back though, are the ridiculous flares of the early 70s, and good riddance!

Also, I just realized that driveway looks like mid-late 70s tight flared genes, if you keep that angle but remove the car

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

LethalGeek posted:

girls look qt in fedoras :3:

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
20 to 30 years from now when a bunch of loser kids look back at now and go "Geee people were so much more real back then." And then they start wearing fedoras.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
i dunno about you guys but I've started listening to 78s but ONLY on manual crank players

I took the baffles out because it made the music sound so tinny from the tin armstyle that feeds down into it but I left that in place because when I tried to replace that with volvo shocker stickers it didn't make much sound at all

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

probably when bonnets are a thing again

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
idk about you but goin' amish for the pussy

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
:trillby:

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
Please make it soon, because my sister-in-law just bought 2 fedoras and a bowler for my brother. They had no idea MRAs and PUAs had polluted nice hats. :( We need a Take Back The Hat campaign.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

My Q-Face posted:

flares were around what, 10-15 years ago, they were called boot cut. What will never come back though, are the ridiculous flares of the early 70s, and good riddance!

Also, I just realized that driveway looks like mid-late 70s tight flared genes, if you keep that angle but remove the car

lol you're wrong on this, 70s and 80s are coming in to fashion this winter

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
The 'fedora' meme

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

panama hats are higher tier

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
i got news for you guys: alot of street vendors in NYC sell fedoras.

new york is the fashion capital of the world, so...

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

etalian posted:

panama hats are higher tier

Yeah, but where the gently caress are you gonna find a linen suit these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Hobohemian posted:

Yeah, but where the gently caress are you gonna find a linen suit these days?

Wherever the former Ska bands turned in their gear in 1996, most likely. Salvation Army or local drug rehab clinic.

• Locked thread